Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I get the feeling that when all is said and done he's going to underwhelm, I don't think being the best hitting prospect on this teams farm system says much either, the nearest guy is 4-5 years away. He doesn't have a position, is slow and at best mediocre defensively - trade bait IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I get the feeling that when all is said and done he's going to underwhelm, I don't think being the best hitting prospect on this teams farm system says much either, the nearest guy is 4-5 years away. He doesn't have a position, is slow and at best mediocre defensively - trade bait IMO.
    d'Arnaud is the best hitting prospect in the farm system.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If he can be Murphyesque at second the Mets might just keep him there and move a guy like Daniel instead.
    He'll probably be worse. He's too big and slow for an up the middle position.

vCash

Why not trade Flores?

And yet you think he will be quick enough get instant good reads in the outfield?

A position he has never played? Lol

vCash
    He's either a 2nd baseman on this team or trade bait.

I really doubt they throw him into the OF mix given the present situation. It needs to get better out there, not worse.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    And yet you think he will be quick enough get instant good reads in the outfield?

A position he has never played? Lol
    Not immediately like I said, but possibly with more time and experience. Defense is less important in an outfield corner than 2nd base. Stop trying to make my opinions seem foolish because it's not working.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I don't think it will raise his value with scouts, They may become more suspicious in that they will look at the numbers and won't stake their reputations on a guy hitting at Las Vegas. Would you do that? On the other hand, clueless fans will be yelling for him by July like he is the second coming.
    Well i do understand how hitter friendly the PCL is.

I mean a .775 league average for OPS is telling but it doesn't deviate from my point in the fact that Flores began to show marked improvement at the plate last year.

Some guys are obvious products of the PCL (former Met Nick Green last year) but Flores has true offensive potential and his value is only increased if he can somehow stick at 2nd base.

Either way, there aren't a ton of quality minor league 3rd baseman out there and the Mets have a guy who could be an attractive piece to the right team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post

Not immediately like I said, but possibly with more time and experience. Defense is less important in an outfield corner than 2nd base. Stop trying to make my opinions seem foolish because it's not working.
    I do not have to try dude, you do that all by yourself to be honest.

You like to talk out both sides of your mouth and only apply some facts when it suits your argent and dismiss the facts others bring up when they contradict that argument, them in the next post you use those facts to try and make a similar argument for another player.

vCash
    I do not have to try dude, you do that all by yourself to be honest.

You like to talk out both sides of your mouth and only apply some facts when it suits your argent and dismiss the facts others bring up when they contradict that argument, them in the next post you use those facts to try and make a similar argument for another player.
    Give me an example of talking out of both sides of my mouth. What facts have I dismissed?

vCash

Why not trade Flores?

You have done this since you join dude, if I cared one bit I would bring out hundreds of post in where you have flip flopped and or just said out right that you dismiss things.

But as I said I do don't care so I will leave at that but Just on this thread you said how Flores should be able to do good in LF because he is a third baseman, then when I mention Murphy was a third baseman and he was awful you came up with something else and dismiss that point because it did not suit your argument.

This is typical of you and am not the first and will not be the last to tell you this.

vCash
    You have done this since you join dude, if I cared one bit I would bring out hundreds of post in where you have flip flopped and or just said out right that you dismiss things.

But as I said I do don't care so I will leave at that but Just on this thread you said how Flores should be able to do good in LF because he is a third baseman, then when I mention Murphy was a third baseman and he was awful you came up with something else and dismiss that point because it did not suit your argument.

This is typical of you and am not the first and will not be the last to tell you this.
    Do good in LF? Are you serious dude, I never said that AT ALL. And you say I have have poor reading comprehension.

vCash

Why not trade Flores?

Just imitating what you tend to do.

But you think he would do better than Murphy and there is zero tangible evidence to think that.

Point is that you talk out both sides of your mouth and that was just an example of it.

vCash
    Just imitating what you tend to do.

But you think he would do better than Murphy and there is zero tangible evidence to think that.

Point is that you talk out both sides of your mouth and that was just an example of it.
    I didn't present that as fact, it was merely an opinion. But yeah, I know my opinion has little to no weight to you, so I don't even know why you respond to me.

vCash

Why not trade Flores?

Am bored at work and sadly nobody wants to post on the prospect threads.

vCash
    I'm bored at college and same

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast