Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why not trade Flores?

I have suggested this in other threads but I would like to elicit some responses here.

If 3B is a position of demand, and if Flores can't make the transition to OF, then why don't we deal Flores for a similarly ranked outfield prospect in an OF-heavy organization? You would think they would be all over this, right?

vCash
    Why would the other team want a player with no position?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Waiting for him to hit AAA Vegas and the PCL.

His numbers will jump quite a bit and so will his value.

There are not a lot of 3rd baseman with his offensive ability in the minors.

There's also the fact that they are trying him at 2nd base this season where he can be a possible replacement for Murphy if they choose not to offer him arbitration next season.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-24-2013 at 04:23 PM.

vCash
    To me hold onto Flores until he has the most value.

vCash
    I think he's our future 2nd baseman.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I need to see his range first. If he has 20 speed he better at least have a really quick first step.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    He really doesn't have any range, however he does have soft hands and looks comfortable around 2nd base. Let him cheat towards the bag. He does have a real nice arm, not that is a big plus for 2nd.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Cheapest insurance policy for 2nd base and 3rd base we got. He won't net us anything we can't buy on the market. His value is a package deal.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    As soon as they trade Murphy. We are of one mind here.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Shame Havens never panned out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Shame Havens never panned out.
    If he's healthy, the PCL will certainly help his stats and that will make more intriguing to give a shot to if Murphy under performs.

He still might be amount to something but this is certainly his last year to prove it i think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If he's healthy, the PCL will certainly help his stats and that will make more intriguing to give a shot to if Murphy under performs.

He still might be amount to something but this is certainly his last year to prove it i think.

He's 26 now, i'd say this is his last year as a credible prospect too. I had big hopes for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Yeah, if he could take last year's stats .300 avg 18 hr and 75 rbi, and turn them into .320 25 hr and 100 rbi in a full season in Las Vegas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    Yeah, if he could take last year's stats .300 avg 18 hr and 75 rbi, and turn them into .320 25 hr and 100 rbi in a full season in Las Vegas.

That draft has a lot to prove next year.

vCash
    Hold him until he's just about major league ready. His numbers won't go down and ruin his value in the PCL, so wait a year or two. If there is nowhere to put him and another team is looking for offensive help, then try to get someone real good out of him.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast