Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If they signed Bourn, and bolstered the pen further, the Mets could make an improbable run into the 2nd wildcard. Much stranger things have happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    If they signed Bourn, and bolstered the pen further, the Mets could make an improbable run into the 2nd wildcard. Much stranger things have happened.
    I don't disagree on the possible results, i just don't think they are going to give Bourn 5 years and lose the 11th pick.

Major league baseball waiting till after he signs is ********.

The Mets should be able to petition the league and get an expeditious answer.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-01-2013 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    It seems pretty clear to me ,based on reports and my thinking, that the Mets would dish out a multi year deal to Bourn, but only if that 1st round pick is protected. I don't see them giving up that pick at this time. I think the Mets believe they're still at the rebuilding the farm phase and that take's precedent over signing Bourn. However, if they can do both by keeping the 1st round pick and signing Bourn to be the CF for the next few years I think they'd do it. If the pick is protected, I could see the Mets offering Bourn a 3 or 4 year deal with options and opt outs and I think that could get it done.

I agree with their line of thinking.

vCash
    I don't get the "sets a precedent" argument.

Here is how you fix that. Change the ****ing rule next year since just about everyone involved in baseball wants it changed.

I mean if we are replacing dugout phones with cellphones because of sponsorships I am sure the league can take 2 minutes out of their day to change the rule.

vCash
    It's hard to see MLB ruling in the Mets favor here, unless there's a reason they never intended that language. I think you would have to have some evidence on the history of it. But the fact that some other clubs are already objecting to it possibly being changed makes me think someone wanted it that way. Maybe if the union argues this isn't really what they agreed to in negotiations or something, but I think MLB would have to agree then to change the wording.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I could definitly see them being competetive, but they will still be very young. Guys off the top of my head who will play a big role and are nearing/haven't reached their potential yet are Niese, Ike, Ruben, Gee, Harvey, Wheeler/d'Arnaud (1/2 year), Kirk, Mejia, Familia, Edgin, etc...

With or without Bourn, I will say this team will be exciting to watch because they know the situation they're in and I believe they will play gritty, hard-nosed ball under Terry again.

vCash
    This You Tube song is long overdue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZHaQ3C3xQo
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I could definitly see them being competetive, but they will still be very young. Guys off the top of my head who will play a big role and are nearing/haven't reached their potential yet are Niese, Ike, Ruben, Gee, Harvey, Wheeler/d'Arnaud (1/2 year), Kirk, Mejia, Familia, Edgin, etc...

With or without Bourn, I will say this team will be exciting to watch because they know the situation they're in and I believe they will play gritty, hard-nosed ball under Terry again.
    LGM!! Lets Go Mets. This team will be awesome to root for, I love this team no matter what. Ya Gotta Believe, and I believe.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    LGM!! Lets Go Mets. This team will be awesome to root for, I love this team no matter what. Ya Gotta Believe, and I believe.
    I agree. Everyone knows you don't need good baseball players to field a winning team. You just need guys who know the situation they're in.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

Only Answer is everyone repeat after me Lets Go Mets

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I agree. Everyone knows you don't need good baseball players to field a winning team. You just need guys who know the situation they're in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymixm6PtVBA

best of mets videos ever

lets all repeat lets go mets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedmetfan View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymixm6PtVBA

best of mets videos ever

lets all repeat lets go mets
    All I can say is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyaTIXdN5fI

vCash
    Yay let's pretend it's 1986 again!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Since I sense a huge amount of sarcasm in this post (why shouldn't I, it is you posting, FoC), I'm just going to say that these guys, especialy the outfielders here, should know that if they do want to win, it's going to take the hardest effort they could give. Even with that, they will still probably lose, but seeing the Mets play hard and not giving up this season will be fun to watch. I don't suspect that this team will need a "wakeup call" meeting from Terry to make them play hard.

vCash
    I don't suspect that this team will need a "wakeup call" meeting from Terry to make them play hard.

>>>They'll play hard until Fredo and Spindy throw the towel in again in July.

vCash
    How do you know that? They'll probably go into another slump, but Terry can and will hold the clubhouse together. I will be shocked to see this team not show any effort. Terry and David wouldn't allow it, epsecially since it's a very young team this year.

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast