Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Jet Blue didn't have first class seats.

Anyway, didn't they use a private helicopter service for something last spring training? Those are not cheap at all.
    Yeah, Jeffy used a private helicopter to fly himself to a Miami Heat game because he doesn't like traffic. But since business travel for team executives isn't one of Jeffy's personal indulgences, I'd agree he's probably tight with money for airfare.

What are you arguing with me for? I'm agreeing with you that the Wilpons are so cheap they might not even spring for a couple of plane tickets, even to con fans into believing one of their usual deceptions.

On the flip side it showed how classless some Mets fans can be.
    I see you just edited your post to add this. I see you're back to slamming Mets fans again. You always were one to blame the victim.
    Last edited by Coupon; 01-30-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    Yeah, Jeffy used a private helicopter to fly himself to a Miami Heat game because he doesn't like traffic. But since business travel for team executives isn't one of Jeffy's personal indulgences, I'd agree he's probably tight with money for airfare.

What are you arguing with me for? I'm agreeing with you that the Wilpons are so cheap they might not even spring for a couple of plane tickets, even to con fans into believing one of their usual deceptions.

I see you just edited your post to add this. I see you're back to slamming Mets fans again. You always were one to blame the victim.
    Bravo Coup!

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Mets fans are victims and are in the middle of a conspiracy that consists of fake dinner meetings with agents and players, false information being spread about the team being interested in FA, and ownership stealing money from their own organization.

PSD should delete this Mets forum. It's official done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Bravo Coup!
    Why, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Mets fans are victims and are in the middle of a conspiracy that consists of fake dinner meetings with agents and players, false information being spread about the team being interested in FA, and ownership stealing money from their own organization.

PSD should delete this Mets forum. It's official done.
    You're right. I found the dishonest stories planted about interest in Roy Oswalt especially distasteful. I believe his agent did, too, since he went out of his way to inform the media he'd never been contacted by anyone from the Mets organization.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...mets-1.4515533

I don't agree about deleting the Mets forum, but I do agree that the constant lying of the Wilpons and their stooges needs to stop.

vCash

My point was that the Wilpons are not cheap. They might have restricted cash flow, but that does not make them cheap. Who knows why Omar was on a discount carrier? Maybe it was a last minute decision to get on a flight, maybe his expense account card was maxed out because they had cash flow problems -- neither of which is reason to call them cheap. By the way they had just signed Jason Bay to a large contract five months earlier.

I'll address any person(s) that make unwarranted and disparaging attacks on a person. If you are all over ownership, why would you condone attacks on the man stuck in the middle?

By the way, in looking into some numbers for 2010, I found this article on amazinavenue.com published in 2010 which laid out a plan for the Mets to recover:

A reasonable plan, then, appears to be this:

1. Trim egregiously unnecessary player salaries.
    2. Sacrifice short-term fan interest for medium- and long-term success.
    3. Develop impact talent from within.
    4. Establish organizational depth to mitigate injury concerns and to seize external trade opportunities.
    5. Create payroll flexibility for future superstar acquisitions, preferably young ones.
    6. Fill out roster with inexpensive, league-average performers.
    Seems as though the Mets are right on course. What they are doing now makes sense. But I guess the fans will have to wait for the mall for real progress. That should happen in about ten years.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    Dug, when you write this stuff, can you sense hundreds of people collectively rolling their eyes?
    I don't care. I stand up for truth and logic, and stand against ignorance and immaturity.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Bourn isn't going to get 6/106M...
    You stated he would probably get $18 million/year previously. Guess not.

vCash
    I don't care. I stand up for truth and logic, and stand against ignorance and immaturity.
    Dug, when you write this stuff, can you sense hundreds of people collectively rolling their eyes?

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Yes. Truth and logic Duggie-style.

We know. We know.......

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    I think we all saw thru his act a long long time ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I think we all saw thru his act a long long time ago.
    Ya think????

vCash
    You stated he would probably get $18 million/year previously. Guess not.
    If it wasn't for the draft pick issue, I bet he would have with Boras.

vCash
    Why, thank you.

You're right. I found the dishonest stories planted about interest in Roy Oswalt especially distasteful. I believe his agent did, too, since he went out of his way to inform the media he'd never been contacted by anyone from the Mets organization.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...mets-1.4515533

I don't agree about deleting the Mets forum, but I do agree that the constant lying of the Wilpons and their stooges needs to stop.
    Lol he was so sarcastic.

And just because the agent wasn't aware of the Mets interest, doesn't mean there wasn't interest internally.

vCash
    Yeah last time I looked this was a thread about Michael Bourn. Why are we once again throwing our tinfoil hats on and talking about helicopters, money, and the Wilpons money outside of baseball? Why are we talking about a plane that Omar Minaya took years ago?

The same people are allowed to derail every thread and nothing is ever done. The Mets forum should be thrown in the garbage because you can no longer have a normal discussion anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Yeah last time I looked this was a thread about Michael Bourn. Why are we once again throwing our tinfoil hats on and talking about helicopters, money, and the Wilpons money outside of baseball? Why are we talking about a plane that Omar Minaya took years ago?

The same people are allowed to derail every thread and nothing is ever done. The Mets forum should be thrown in the garbage because you can no longer have a normal discussion anymore.
    Agreed.

This is exactly why I rarely post anymore. It has become a circle-jerk of negativity and paranoia.

Stopped being fun for me awhile back.

Hopelessly Devoted

Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast