Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    The new PED news could ruin the Mets market for Michael Bourn if you think about it. If Nelson Cruz is suspended for the first 50 games, then the Rangers may have to offer up for Bourn
    I don't know if suspensions are coming from it though because all they have to this point is notebooks addressing certain players buying PEDs.

They might need more conclusive evidence than that because the MLBPA will fight it the whole way.

vCash
    We aren't getting him anyway.

vCash
    Coming in late, so I apologize for ignorance, but since the market sucks for Bourne right now, as long as the Amazing's offer less than 13m per, wouldn't that mean that it's only a 2nd rounder that's forfeited?

vCash
    Also, give us TDA back or else!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Coming in late, so I apologize for ignorance, but since the market sucks for Bourne right now, as long as the Amazing's offer less than 13m per, wouldn't that mean that it's only a 2nd rounder that's forfeited?
    I believe the Mets still lose a 1st rounder because the qualifying offer was made from the Braves and any team signing that FA is at risk of losing that 1st round pick.

Unless the pick is protected which isn't the case here.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-29-2013 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Also, give us TDA back or else!
    No he's our catcher now!!

vCash
    Thats funny.. my only response is thank you very much. Although as excited as I am for Travis and Noah, I'm very curious as to the outfielder we got from Toronto. I think that he is our sleeper.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't know if suspensions are coming from it though because all they have to this point is notebooks addressing certain players buying PEDs.

They might need more conclusive evidence than that because the MLBPA will fight it the whole way.
    Reasonable. But.

Selig apparently has the right to use "just cause" to take action and suspend players. Also, the MLBPA may feel as though they will be heavily scrutinized and criticized by the media and public. Since the congressional hearings, they've made every effort to distance themselves from the perception they tolerate the use of PEDs.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    If Mark Appel is available at #11 in the 2013 draft, would fans still favor signing Bourne if the Mets were willing to blow 95% of their allotted pool money to sign Appel?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    If Mark Appel is available at #11 in the 2013 draft, would fans still favor signing Bourne if the Mets were willing to blow 95% of their allotted pool money to sign Appel?
    I would be against spending that much of the draft allotment on one player in any case. What happens if Appel busts? Then you lost an entire draft. Studs appear from well beyond the first round.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Yeah, but were they, really?

They have made sure there were two barriers were in the way of any Bourn signing. To me, they're not serious about Bourn, it's just posturing.

Tell me who you would pay $15M a year to next year? Corey Hart?
    Ricco and Alderson flew to Houston to meet with Bourne and Boras for appearances?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    He's got no leverage being a college senior so that would be unnecessary.

vCash
    Ricco and Alderson flew to Houston to meet with Bourne and Boras for appearances?
    Good point. We all know the Wilpons are so cheap they wouldn't spend for unnecessary airfare. After all, these are the guys that used to fly Omar Minaya in coach even though it left him unable to escape rank and file fans, who would heckle him.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...h-to-Chicago!&

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He's got no leverage being a college senior so that would be unnecessary.
    Untrue. He can play in an Independent league and become an unrestricted free agent. Boras has done this before with a college senior (Jason Varitek). Boras will make it known what Appel wants before the draft and it would not surprise me if a team buys into his scheme. Boras has often shown a willingness to hold out his client, and to find a buyer.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-30-2013 at 02:10 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    Good point. We all know the Wilpons are so cheap they wouldn't spend for unnecessary airfare. After all, these are the guys that used to fly Omar Minaya in coach even though it left him unable to escape rank and file fans, who would heckle him.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...h-to-Chicago!&
    Jet Blue didn't have first class seats.

Anyway, didn't they use a private helicopter service for something last spring training? Those are not cheap at all.

On the flip side it showed how classless some Mets fans can be.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-30-2013 at 02:13 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast