Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Yeah, but were they, really?

They have made sure there were two barriers were in the way of any Bourn signing. To me, they're not serious about Bourn, it's just posturing.
    Guess we'll find out next offseason...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Guess we'll find out next offseason...
    Yeah, I wonder what next years self-imposed barriers will be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Yeah, I wonder what next years self-imposed barriers will be?
    Shouldn't be any..

Will there be?

I don't know.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-29-2013 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    Bourn is gonna end up going to a team with a protected pick or a team with a lower end 1st round pick that is going for it.

He really has a limited market because no team in between is going to give him a deal and certainly not a 1 year deal to re-establish his FA value for next offseason (if this goes into spring training and he has nothing else on the table)

He is insistent on getting more years than Angel Pagan and i don't really see a team biting on 5 years.

Sometimes Bora's clients overplay their hand big time.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-29-2013 at 03:14 PM.

vCash
    Anyone else looking forward to seeing what mystery owner Boras pulls out of his *** this time around? There's always some guy that he seems to have been blackmailing into overbidding...see Fielder and Rafael Soriano.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    I thought I saw a report of Boras skulking around Trinity Memorial Garden Cemetery north of Tampa.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash
    For once Boras isn't going to get what he wants unless Texas loses their minds and gets desperate in the next month or so.

vCash
    As of right now I trust Alderson, I've agreed with every move he's made so far in his tenure outside of the bullpen debacle last off-season. If he signs this guy I will lose all faith.

Why is Bourn okay to sign long-term and not Reyes? What happened to not investing resources in speed based players past the age of 30? What happened to all speed players declining over night outside of Rickey Henderson? One of them has had 2 incredible seasons, the other only had 1, and one of them was a Met fan favorite.

Hopefully this interest he is showing in Bourn is because he knows the market has collapsed and he can get him on a 3 year deal. Anything more than that would really kill the whole idea of our rebuild. Maybe I am just spoiled, but if we're going to be a 100-120 million dollar payroll team moving forward I would not want 15-18 million of it being allocated to Bourn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanthree15 View Post
    As of right now I trust Alderson, I've agreed with every move he's made so far in his tenure outside of the bullpen debacle last off-season. If he signs this guy I will lose all faith.

Why is Bourn okay to sign long-term and not Reyes? What happened to not investing resources in speed based players past the age of 30? What happened to all speed players declining over night outside of Rickey Henderson? One of them has had 2 incredible seasons, the other only had 1, and one of them was a Met fan favorite.

Hopefully this interest he is showing in Bourn is because he knows the market has collapsed and he can get him on a 3 year deal. Anything more than that would really kill the whole idea of our rebuild. Maybe I am just spoiled, but if we're going to be a 100-120 million dollar payroll team moving forward I would not want 15-18 million of it being allocated to Bourn.
    Bourn isn't going to get 6/106M and the Mets were pretty broke at the time.

vCash
    4 years and 52 mil (13 mil per year)...with that 11th pick protected.

I'll be happy with that.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    If they were going to commit 13-15 million dollars a year to Michael Bourn, they should be in the market for other FA next year.

To assume otherwise is to believe they were never in the market for Bourn either.
    Well you know people believe we are releasing fake information about having dinner with him and his agent. Also all the other names we are linked to is all made up to fool the fans.

vCash
    It's such a weird process because MLB won't rule on the protected pick until the Mets sign Bourne but they aren't going to sign Bourn unless they know the pick is protected.

It's like the chicken before the egg and i can't see the Mets unproductively fighting a ruling they can't win by letter of the law standard anyway.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-29-2013 at 04:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Well you know people believe we are releasing fake information about having dinner with him and his agent. Also all the other names we are linked to is all made up to fool the fans.

vCash
    Because if we do sign Michael Bourn not only will the dollar amount be fake, but so will the player. We will sign a guy who looks like Bourn and say we signed him for a 100 million dollars when in reality we are only paying him the minimum.

And if you think for one minute that I believe our Sandy Alderson is the real Sandy Alderson they have another thing coming. They bleached Omar Minaya skin and said we changed GM's. I can tell a bleach job from a mile away.

The Madoff thing was made up so the owners didn't have to pay money. MLB, the Wilpons, and the state of NY staged a court case all so the owners of the NY Mets didn't have to pay Jose Reyes or Michael Bourn.

vCash
    The new PED news could ruin the Mets market for Michael Bourn if you think about it. If Nelson Cruz is suspended for the first 50 games, then the Rangers may have to offer up for Bourn
    #oneatatime

Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast