Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He's not going to miss that much time.
    They said 3-4 months..

Probably talking about close to June.

That's gonna hurt his FA value and maybe he takes a 1 year deal to re-establish that value.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-26-2013 at 01:55 PM.

vCash
    Imo, with as many prospects that don't pan out they should sign bourn. He available now and there doesn't seem to be any competition to sign him. Next yr there will be other teams competing for players and may drive up asking prices. Besides we need a lead off hitter.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    LOL at Corey Hart. The guy has never been better than Michael Bourn in his life, but he will 3 years from now when he's forced to play first base because he can't move anymore. Ths is too much!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    LOL at Corey Hart. The guy has never been better than Michael Bourn in his life, but he will 3 years from now when he's forced to play first base because he can't move anymore. Ths is too much!

I know right?

vCash
    Can the this pipedream end already? What good does getting a 30 year old Bourn do for us anyway??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Can the this pipedream end already? What good does getting a 30 year old Bourn do for us anyway??
    Make us better in 2014 and 2015 as well as 2013.

vCash
    So where are all of the posters who tried to get Alderson off the hook by saying that there was a better outfield FA class in 2014?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Bottom line: Mets have NO INTENTION of signing Bourn. This is all smoke and mirrors. They KNEW about this rule in advance, and now they're acting blindsided about it. For an organization looking to be as cheap as possible while holding the fans at bay by pretending as if they're doing something, Bourn is the perfect distraction.
    It's all smoke and mirrors ro appease a disgruntled fanbase. They at least made the newspaper lately by bringing up an interest in Bourn. Seeing as how Texas won't care with parting with their first round pick that is at 26 I believe and with the loss of Hamilton will be the perfect landing spot for Bourn and Boras. Teams are just waiting Boras out and trying to make him sweat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Make us better in 2014 and 2015 as well as 2013.
    Is better in your opinion finishing with a slightly better record, not make the playoffs and get a lower draft pick? Unless the Mets make the postseason the next three years solely because of Michael Bourn it makes no difference. How far did a more stacked Atlanta team go with Bourn the last few years? He's such a difference maker in Atlanta's mind they went out and got two brothers to play the outfield this offseason and will replace him at the top of the lineup with Andrelton Simmons who has 166 career AB's.

vCash
    So basically, guys who have been getting on Alderson for not doing anything and lying to the fanbase about being competitive are upset because Alderson wants to sign a premier free agent. Cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Bourn would fill two gaping holes if we sign him....centerfield and leadoff...and make us contenders now....I would say its worth the risk for a four year deal at $9m or less...money saved by letting Reyes walk. Lineup: Bourn Tejada Murphy Wright Davis Buck or D'Arnaud Duda Nieuwenhuis or Cowgill....if Murphy can show some HR power with his new stance he creates a great L/R balance...if not he bats 7th and the lineup has three straight lefties...if Tejada gets bumped then Bourn Murphy Wright Davis gives us three lefties out of four leaving us vulnerable again.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    So where are all of the posters who tried to get Alderson off the hook by saying that there was a better outfield FA class in 2014?
    There is a better OF class in 2014, and I wouldn't be upset at all if he passed on Bourn and went on to sign Ellsbury or Prado or someone like that.

vCash
    Anything past 3 or 4 years and I'd probably pass. Hopefully with this appeal the Mets are going through we can get our pick protected and make a nice push for Bourn who has suddenly become cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    So basically, guys who have been getting on Alderson for not doing anything and lying to the fanbase about being competitive are upset because Alderson wants to sign a premier free agent. Cool.
    He's appeasing us by pretending to be interested in a deal that he has about 1% chance of actually doing.

vCash
    He's appeasing us by pretending to be interested in a deal that he has about 1% chance of actually doing.
    How do you know this? It might be true, sure. But neither of us know that and as a Mets fan I hope Alderson is speaking the truth. If we do sign Bourn then what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast