Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ideally 3 years, but I would go to 4, he doesn't have that many miles on the clock. It's FA. you are not going to get quality players without either overpaying in $$$ and/or years, or without taking risk.

I dunno why people still haven't accepted this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If they had signed that guy Reyes to a back loaded contract, then ....
    we would still have a need for a CFer.

But since we are playing the what if game, what if the Mets decided not sign K-Rod and used that pick they forfeited to draft Michael Trout. We wouldn't be looking at Jason Bourne.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I'd rather overpay someone much better and a bit younger than Bourn. I'd like for him to come to New York, but I also think we can get more talent and better talent in the oncoming years.

Whenever I think of this situation, I think of Chone Figgins and Carl Crawford. I'm not saying Bourn will be a bust, just that the fact that he's on the wrong side of 30 and speed is his major asset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post

But since we are playing the what if game, what if the Mets decided not sign K-Rod and used that pick they forfeited to draft Michael Trout. We wouldn't be looking at Jason Bourne.
    Please don't make me start to cry.

vCash
    In in the unlikely event of protecting the pick, Bourn is still not an ideal fit. His agent, Scott Boras, still intends to secure his client a lucrative contract. He turned 30 last month. He slumped through a miserable second half with Atlanta. His .722 on-base plus slugging percentage since 2010 ranks 21st among qualified center fielders – one spot behind the team’s last center fielder, Andres Torres.
    http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/201...r_shaun_m.html

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Another lefty too...thats something to think about.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash

Was Trout on their draft list at that spot in the draft?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash

My what if is was more possible than your what if.

vCash
    If you can get him at your terms, do it. Keep the pick, sign him 3 yrs at 45 mil, and it sounds like we're competing against Seattle in which less people want to play there then here. Hows that for bragging rights.. lol!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Ideally 3 years, but I would go to 4, he doesn't have that many miles on the clock. It's FA. you are not going to get quality players without either overpaying in $$$ and/or years, or without taking risk.

I dunno why people still haven't accepted this.
    I think everyone knows he is going to be overpaid, it's just you don't want to give a guy with his skillset 5 years at 30 years old.

Especially on a backloaded deal.

He'll be become untradeable and possibly an albatross at that point.

We've talked about this before speed is much more regressive tool than for example power.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-24-2013 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    There is a difference between possible and likely.

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Something tells me that we should let Bourne go somewhere else....

vCash
    If I can get him for two years without losing my first round pick sure but that's not the case. Why sign him longterm and let Reyes walk out the door without an offer even being put on the table? Makes no sense to me. I'd easily take Reyes going into his 30's than Bourn who is an average hitter at best in his prime with speed for now.

vCash
    Them fighting words.

vCash
    The Mets haven't learned their damn lesson if they are seriously considering signing this guy longterm. You have money coming off the books and the minute that happens you are willing to screw yourself again. If they were signing a guy like Stanton who is young then I have no problem with it but this just further confuses me and other fans as to what the hell they are doing. Five years for a guy who just turned 30 this season and depends on his speed is just plain dumb.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 01-24-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast