Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Food for thought: Rotation, Rotation, Rotation

By XstreamINsanity on Jan 22, 3:45p

Aristotle accurately stated, "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

Because I like to cook, though I'm definitely no professional, I'll use this analogy. I consider any team to be like the contents of a refrigerator. Some of them are tasty by themselves. Some of them, when combined, taste like warm dung. However, if you get the right combination of them and in the right proportions, you can make something that is extremely delicious. That's how I see the Pistons and their rotations. Sadly, Frank is the currently hired Master Chef.

Now I'm not saying that I dislike Frank, because I don't. I love his enthusiasm, his demeanor, and he seems to truly care about this team, the franchise, and the players. However, I'm just not quite sure he has the ability to make something tasty with the ingredients he's been given. And to his defense, there may not be many chefs (coaches, if you can't follow the analogy) out there that could do much with these ingredients. For fun, let's examine the ingredients Chef Frank has to work with.

Brandon Knight - Onion

Onions have the potential to make any dish great, but you have to be very careful how you use them. Also, when they are cut (turnovers), it has the potential to make people cry.

Kyle Singler - Salt

Enhances the flavor of almost any dish. It's even used in baking sweets to bring out flavor. However, you definitely don't want to eat salt alone. There are times, when it calls for some tequila even.

Tayshaun Prince - Garlic

Not a spice for everyone. Definitely needs to be used in proper amounts. If used too much, leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth and smell in your friends' nose. Also, something you wouldn't likely eat alone, needs to be added to something.

Jason Maxiell - Oregano

Again, not a spice for everyone, but it it a good healthy spice. Don't eat alone, and don't keep in a baggy in your pants pocket.

Greg Monroe - Steak

Lean steak is good for everyone. It can be cooked however anyone wants it. With spices, alone, medium rare, pan seared, etc. It can be made to fit anyone's taste.

Andre Drummond - Potatoes

Not the main course of the meal, but a very important one. You can have them baked, mashed, Au Gratin, etc. Very good side dish.

Rodney Stuckey - Rice Pilaf

Complimentary side item. Not really great alone, leaves you feeling empty occasionally, but it has it's moments where it might be the second best item on the plate.

Will Bynum - Sour Cream

Very very touchy condiment. Not one you can leave out for too long or it goes bad QUICKLY. However, when added to potatoes, it's delicious. There are many DBBers though that I'm sure are lactose intolerant.

Charlie Villanueva - Broccoli

Tasty for some, but more than likely not for most. Can be very healthy for you if steamed. But soaked in butter and salt, it's more harmful than good.

Austin Daye - Salad

Not many people today eat salad. And most of those that do, have to drown it in unhealthy dressing for it to be tolerable.

Jonas Jerebko - Mushrooms

Not always a part of a dish, but it should be. Especially with steak or potatoes. Mushrooms can do a lot of everything and used in many different ways.

Kim English - Butter

Very flavorful, can make even broccoli tolerable. However, not an essential part to any dish.

Khris Middleton - Pepper

Great with steak or potatoes, but can be too spicy if used too much. Best in just a dash for most people.

Viacheslav Kravtsov - Calamari

Not every body loves seafood, especially something like calamari. But if made right (and if the eater doesn't know), almost everyone loves it.

Corey Maggette - V8 Juice

One cup a day is healthy enough for you. No need for refills. And while it says it gives you all of your vitamins, it's really not.

Right now, a lot of us are loving us some potatoes. But what do you want with your potatoes? Are you an onion and potatoes person? (Hmmm, makes me want some perogies.) Are you sour cream and potatoes person? Or maybe a butter and potatoes person? Me, at least lately, I've been more of a sour cream and potatoes person. Sour Cream definitely seems to compliment the potatoes more than the onions do. So as far as the main course, I'm inclined to have Steak, Potatoes and Sour Cream. So that's three of five parts of my main meal. For the fourth part, I need to decide on a side salad, garlic or mushrooms. To me, though I've recently come to love salad in reality, do not want Salad in this meal. So now it's between Garlic and Mushrooms. In all honesty, I'd have to go with Mushrooms. Sauteed mushrooms on my Steak is very tasty. And that leads to my fifth part. I want onions. See, I could either have Rice Pilaf, Onions, Salt or even Butter, but I think Onions would be best. A few onions sauteed with the mushrooms to go with the steak is very very tasty.

Now, I know you're supposed to eat your vegetables first, but for the rest of my meal, with the current ingredients given, I'd have to go with Broccoli, Garlic, Butter and Calamari. I think that's a fairly average, winning meal. However, our chef seems to think that Onions, Salt, Garlic, Oregano and Steak should be the main course. That's not very filling, and kind of over powering on taste. The second course of Potatoes, Rice Pilaf, Sour Cream and Broccoli has been filling and rather tasty. So if our chef could combine these ingredients in a better order, he's take a complete off balance meal and make something everyone would like to eat.
    http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/1...ation-rotation

Neat little article I found, lol.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    The hell is rice pilaf?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    The hell is rice pilaf?
    Just rice basically, lol.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    I had a hard time following that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    Just rice basically, lol.
    Ahh I see thanks.

Arabic food and rice=teh ****.... unlike Stuckey

vCash
    I'm sure sdsportsfan would enjoy this article, lol.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    Austin Daye - ****

Smells horrible, useless, stinks up the court. Not many people like ****, actually, nobody does.

vCash
    Drummond should be cereal... You should start off with it everyday!