Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Potential AIDS Cure Discovered By Australian Scientists

http://www.inquisitr.com/493514/pote...an-scientists/
    A potential AIDS cure may be on the horizon after a discovery by scientists in Australia, and researchers at the Queensland Institute of Medical Research may have found a way to turn crippling HIV cells self-destructing using gene therapy.

The potential AIDS cure was initially pegged during research back in 2007 by Dr. David Harrich and his team, and the researcher, who has been working to unlock a cure for the disease for more than 20 years, tells the Australian Times:

“With money running out, I had my PhD student try one more experiment in late 2007. The experiment was to test if Nullbasic could render HIV non-infectious. The student came back and said it worked, so I told him to do it again and again and again. It works every time.”

According to the paper, the potential AIDS cure could work in such a way that the damaging virus is nullified and unable to replicate, halting the devastating effects the disease has on a sufferer’s immune system:

“By modifying the proteins that make up HIV into a mutated form, referred to as Nullbasic, Harrich’s research team have determined that it is possible to block the process of reverse transcription that allows HIV to damage the immune system. This would ultimately render the virus inert, preventing the condition of those infected with HIV from deteriorating further.”

AIDS in Africa can be a manageable epidemic, with proper resources

Harrich explains that the potential AIDS cure “instead of assisting the virus … actually impedes virus replication and does it quite strongly.”

The potential AIDS cure is set to be tested on mice in 2013, and clinical trials for the method could occur in the next ten years.

vCash
    I seem to remember a lot of "potential cures" never amounting to anything, but here's hoping. Certainly sounds promising.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    hooray unprotected sex!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Crikey!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I seem to remember a lot of "potential cures" never amounting to anything, but here's hoping. Certainly sounds promising.
    Is it that they didn't work or that the illuminati took control of the cures and payed the scientist off?

vCash
    the potential aids cure is set to be tested on mice in 2013, and clinical trials for the method could occur in the next ten years
    lmao! If people are dying of it in Africa then just give it to them. There's your clinical trials.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    lmao! If people are dying of it in Africa then just give it to them. There's your clinical trials.
    No doubt. Im sure they would be up for it just for a chance.

vCash
    As somebody else alluded to, there is a "potential cure" for AIDS, cancer and everything else once or twice every six months. There never seems to be anything that comes from them, but why not hope, right?

vCash
    I just find it kind of iffy when he says "I was running out of money so I said try one more experiment, and it worked"

Obviously I'm hoping this is legit and it all works out.