Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you think Monta would fit in with this year's team?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

12 80.00%
  • MAYBE

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Monta Ellis is a free agent this year. Would you take him back?

Monta's contract is expiring this year. Would you consider having him back on the team? Would he fit in? I've had mixed feelings about Klay this year, he hasn't grown as much as I'd hoped. But he can sure light it up. He's had some trouble finishing at the basket and sometimes can turn the ball over a lot. I know people say Ellis takes too many shots, but personally I think he would do whatever the team needed him to do.

I don't really have a strong feeling either way about it,
    just thought it would be a fun discussion

vCash
    No. Clearly we are doing 100 times better without him so why bring him back to ruin our chemistry

fail

vCash
    No.

vCash
    Klay is a much better fit with the team. I'd consider Monta in a 3rd guard role for under 8 million a year but I doubt he does that..

she says go for the championship

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    I already have a thread sort of about this minus the poll...
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Are seriously still beating this dead horse?

vCash
    No thanks.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    Only if its cost efective and he's fine with coming off the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombatman4 View Post
    Monta's contract is expiring this year. Would you consider having him back on the team? Would he fit in? I've had mixed feelings about Klay this year, he hasn't grown as much as I'd hoped. But he can sure light it up. He's had some trouble finishing at the basket and sometimes can turn the ball over a lot. I know people say Ellis takes too many shots, but personally I think he would do whatever the team needed him to do.

I don't really have a strong feeling either way about it,
    just thought it would be a fun discussion

monta was signed for the same amount of time as biedrens. I think he has an opt out option this summer, but he wont sign with another team for less than the 11 million a year he has on the table for next year. I like monta a lot, and still think he could be an effective player in the right role on a team (A scorer off the bench would be ideal.... or a 3rd option in the starting line up). He is too small to be a go to guy at the 2 spot... and be efficient doing it
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    No thanks.

vCash
    No thanks. Move on. He would be detrimental to our success unless he bought in to coming off the bench and being the 5th option behind Steph, Lee, Klay and a healthy Bogut. ****...throw Barnes in there since we can go to him in the post sometimes and he'll only get better. **** you Ellis haha

vCash
    Monta would be the GOAT 6th man, but unless he would be willing to take a pay cut and come off the bench then no thanks.

I think he becomes a 6th man sooner rather than later, his game seems like a perfect fit in that role as he ages.

vCash
    Even though I like his athleticism and ability to drive the lane and finish at the cup (we could certainly use some help in this department), he still isn't smart enough to understand that in order for him to be efficient and not a liability, he needs to attack the basket relentlessly, all game long, every game. Drive and dish (which he did get better at b4 we traded him) or drive and finish. He would still make too many mistakes and take too many near impossible, contested jumpers, slow down the offense and hurt us more than help us, so for those reasons, I wouldn't take him back.
    Last edited by GSWJunkie; 01-24-2013 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    Contrary to popular belief, Monta would not be a good sixth man. He has posted a negative ws/48 every year, including the years he came off the bench. He peaked in his second year and has gotten worse since then. Straight up, do not want him in any kind of fashion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombatman4 View Post
    personally I think he would do whatever the team needed him to do.
    I don't share your optimism. I think Monta is too one-dimensional. The Dubs are now a ball-sharing team on offense and play MUCH better defense than in the past. Those have been the key to their success this season and I don't think that fits Monta's style very well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast