Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63

Thread: Subban

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,558
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KatC369 View Post
    I know not everyone on here likes or believes Eklund, but just as a heads up:

    Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
    Flyers confirm to me they would NOT consider trading Couturier for PK Subban. In fact, when I ask about the rumor I was told to "kill it."
    Good cause it should be couturier for Subban and a first coming our way for that to have any legs


    FLYERS/EAGLES

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,900
    vCash
    1500
    I'd trade 2 firsts + MAB/McGinn + Gus for Subban. No reason not to at this point -- he's only 23 and its not like we're professionals at drafting defensemen. Even if we have to pay PK $4.5M per season, it's still a bargain.

    With his shot from the point and Giroux managing the PP, we'd have a great unit for years to come. Not to mention that PK's ability to get up and down the rink with the puck would be a boon to our struggling offense. And his attitude would fit right in...

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,526
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Good cause it should be couturier for Subban and a first coming our way for that to have any legs
    So....Montreal has to give a 1st round pick on top of a really good, 23 year old defensemen for a 2 way forward who didn't score 30 points last season (context or not, all of this is true)?

    I'm surprised they don't have to give up Carey Price, too!

    Look, guys, I love Couturier, but Jesus Christ, take off the ****ing homer glasses. PK Subban is an established player who's a hell of a lot closer to his ceiling than Sean Couturier is right now. His trade value, with the RFA issue or not, is more than Couturier by himself, let alone giving us picks to take their "problem" off their hands.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-25-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,526
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I'd trade 2 firsts + MAB/McGinn + Gus for Subban. No reason not to at this point -- he's only 23 and its not like we're professionals at drafting defensemen. Even if we have to pay PK $4.5M per season, it's still a bargain.

    With his shot from the point and Giroux managing the PP, we'd have a great unit for years to come. Not to mention that PK's ability to get up and down the rink with the puck would be a boon to our struggling offense. And his attitude would fit right in...
    So....two likely mid-late first round picks, a #5 defensemen / 4th line winger and a mid-level AHL defensemen-still-a-prospect-with-almost-no-NHL-experience?

    Guys, this is a situation where we're likely not getting Subban without Couts and Schenn and I think this team is very steadfast on not trading those guys. Subban just ain' happenin. I wish he was. But there are 28 other NHL teams. Someone would blow that deal out of the damn water.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-25-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    1,176
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I'd trade 2 firsts + MAB/McGinn + Gus for Subban. No reason not to at this point -- he's only 23 and its not like we're professionals at drafting defensemen. Even if we have to pay PK $4.5M per season, it's still a bargain.

    With his shot from the point and Giroux managing the PP, we'd have a great unit for years to come. Not to mention that PK's ability to get up and down the rink with the puck would be a boon to our struggling offense. And his attitude would fit right in...
    You are so over valuing Subban !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    1,176
    vCash
    1500
    I would rather just wait for gus to get better and just finish out the 1/2 a season and then make your moves for a top d-man & a legit scorer and make a run for the cup next season this way we keep the young talent we have and a top 1st round pick we should earn this season.I dont think we are good enough to go anywhere this season anyway even if we get Subban and he isnt worth loosing the young talent and picks just so maybe we make the playoffs ,we are not going deep into the playoffs anyway.I say just sit tight with what we have and concentrate on next season to make a real run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,526
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    I would rather just wait for gus to get better and just finish out the 1/2 a season and then make your moves for a top d-man & a legit scorer and make a run for the cup next season this way we keep the young talent we have and a top 1st round pick we should earn this season.I dont think we are good enough to go anywhere this season anyway even if we get Subban and he isnt worth loosing the young talent and picks just so maybe we make the playoffs ,we are not going deep into the playoffs anyway.I say just sit tight with what we have and concentrate on next season to make a real run.
    Gus is limited. He's probably at his best a mid pairing defensemen. And he's a long ways off of that.

    Too many folks are way over valuing him. He's got NHL upside but he's probably never going to be more valuable than, say, a low end #3 or high end #4 type d-man. The body isn't there and he's not elite offensively, like say, a Kimo Timmonen was.
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,636
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    You are so over valuing Subban !
    I think its exactly the opposite. Way too many people undervalue him. If you were a habs fan you'd be happy with that outcoming? You think the Rangers and Pens are going to sit idly by and let us get a young powerplay qb for a couple late firsts and our table scrapes?

    I am with Cubs. Any conversation regarding Subban has to start with Couts or Schenn or Montreal hangs up the phone. You think we can back the Habs into the corner? Let's not forget that Homer went to the extent of threatening Nashville's financial future to get Weber. In the end he wouldn't move Couts or Schenn for the best defenseman in the game. Nashville pretty much chose to overpay to keep their stud. In the end Montreal will do the same.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,636
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Gus is limited. He's probably at his best a mid pairing defensemen. And he's a long ways off of that.

    Too many folks are way over valuing him. He's got NHL upside but he's probably never going to be more valuable than, say, a low end #3 or high end #4 type d-man. The body isn't there and he's not elite offensively, like say, a Kimo Timmonen was.
    I even think this is overvalued. I personally don't think we have a d prospect that will develop into top 4. I really think we missed the bus with Weber. I am sure if we gave up Schenn or Couts he would be a Flyer

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,953
    vCash
    1500
    I think we should place a pretty good, multi-yeared offer sheet for him at the least. We just lost Mez for a month and we need to pull the trigger on some sort of defenseman...

    Kimo, schenn, coburn, grossman, lilja, gervais is not going to get it done in our division. Bryz is playing pretty good, and if it wasn't for some bad calls and bounces off our own skates, we could easily be 3-1 instead of 1-3. With Mez out and Hartnell down (see what I did there?) it will be tough for the next month or two...We need another high level dman and one more premier player to put us over the top for the cup...or is that the alcohol talking?

    I would love to have Subban though.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,096
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Gus is limited. He's probably at his best a mid pairing defensemen. And he's a long ways off of that.

    Too many folks are way over valuing him. He's got NHL upside but he's probably never going to be more valuable than, say, a low end #3 or high end #4 type d-man. The body isn't there and he's not elite offensively, like say, a Kimo Timmonen was.
    Gus is good, and could probably be our best skating defenseman one day

    Gus has this "it" factor that you can only understand if you've played hockey. Cause when you're on that ice, and you go into a corner to get the puck, and you know Brian Boyle is directly behind you and hes gonna nail you, most guys (MAB) will panic. They'll just race for the puck and wack it when they get there without even thinking. The fear prevents them from thinking. The good players (you can see Giroux and Couturier do it every night) can still think when feeling fear of that hit, and its like they always observe their surroundings so when that moment comes, they have a radar image in their head of who is open and where, and they make a solid pass. Its the one thing that all great hockey players have to have, you cant teach it. And where I am getting at, is Gus has that (and he's a little guy, so thats saying something). It sucks that he's hurt because this might be his last chance to learn from Timonen how to play physcial defense even when severely undersized.

    so I think Gus is the real deal, BUT, probably will just be a #3/#4 his whole career because of his size.


  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,096
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I think we should place a pretty good, multi-yeared offer sheet for him at the least. We just lost Mez for a month and we need to pull the trigger on some sort of defenseman...

    Kimo, schenn, coburn, grossman, lilja, gervais is not going to get it done in our division. Bryz is playing pretty good, and if it wasn't for some bad calls and bounces off our own skates, we could easily be 3-1 instead of 1-3. With Mez out and Hartnell down (see what I did there?) it will be tough for the next month or two...We need another high level dman and one more premier player to put us over the top for the cup...or is that the alcohol talking?

    I would love to have Subban though.
    Canadians will match anything. You can send a 8 year (new max length) $80 million sheet, they'll still match it. They can afford to match anything and if they change their mind they can always trade him the following season. If this was Phoenix or something, this might work, but never in Philly Pitt NYR Montreal LA Toronto etc etc

    I dont think it has to be Couturier or Schenn like others, I think a package with Voracek could get it done as well. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think our defense is fine You have all the physicality you could want. Thats what you HAVE to have in defense to win, guys who will move player out of your crease and off the puck. Do you have a fast defensemen who can skate the puck from net to net? no, thats a luxury, not a necessity. I dont get the argument of "they're slow", they're defensemen. Whens the last time someone judged the speed of Chara, Pronger, Stevens etc? Defensemen are traditionally supposed to be big and slow, they just put themselves in the right position where they dont need speed.

    The best defense is a good offense.
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-26-2013 at 10:02 AM.


  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,810
    vCash
    1500
    we lost pronger, who was our top end D-man talent ... when i think of PK ... i think #3 D man and power play point man with a good shot ....

    but PK does not solve this teams problem or put them over the top, so i'd pass ...

    the only package that i trade couturier in - is for a Shea Weber

    i would consider trading both Schenn brothers to Montreal for like Galchenyuk and PK ...

    i value PK more than L. Schenn and i think Galchenyuk and Schenn would be a wash ... but i like having a future team USA player on our team


    how BAD does Toronto look right now with that Phil Kessel trade for Dougie Hamilton and Seguin ... Boston is my cup pick this year

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    10,013
    vCash
    1500
    From Panaccio:

    Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
    Dont think Flyers would trade Couturier for Subban. Too much upside. BSchenn? Complicated by Luke and not enough for MTL

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    84
    vCash
    1500
    Why don't we write this season off, especially after Mez and Harts injuries, draft Seth Jones first overall, dump any aging players with expiring contracts or use amnesty buyouts/trades to unload them for prospects or picks, we then use these picks then to package for some great D or sign decent FA D who along with Jones and the dynamic forwards we have will make us a powerhouse for years to come?

    Oh in a perfect world...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •