Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
    Excuses, excuses. A 85% Dwight Howard is still very good. Nash is still better than 80% PGs.
    It seems LAL fans forget they have a better lineup than 90% of NBA and clearly the best team on paper. Yet when things go wrong, they are quick to blame the lack of players on their team. Intriguing.. Wizards would die to have a player like Howard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    FG% isn't a garbage stat. It's a stat that clearly shows their FG% and efficiency in scoring. No one is forcing Allen to take threes. If he does, that's his choice. Not everyone can drive in the lane like LeBron, therefore LeBron is a special talent. Can't hate a player for that reason.
    Responding to you isn't worth it.

38 year old Nash, LAL signed him, Kobe approved.
    Injured Howard, LAL traded for Bynum, Kobe approved.
    Pau Gasol, won two rings for LAL, gets bashed because he's old.
    Kobe approving means it's a good move?

Just stop it. Everyone knew Nash can't play defense. Everyone knew Howard was injured. Kobe in the Olympics kept harassing and bragging about his new team to Westbrook/Durant to the point where Durant/Westbrook hated being with him. Maybe Kobe should've kept quiet.
    Thanks for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
    Excuses, excuses. A 85% Dwight Howard is still very good. Nash is still better than 80% PGs.
    Excuses? More like facts. How many games have the Lakers even had their full staring 5 for?

It seems LAL fans forget they have a better lineup than 90% of NBA and clearly the best team on paper. Yet when things go wrong, they are quick to blame the lack of players on their team. Intriguing.. Wizards would die to have a player like Howard.
    Too bad I'm a Celtics fan. I just can't stand the ignorance of some people.
    Last edited by Green_Monster; 01-24-2013 at 06:20 PM.

vCash
    CP3
    Steph Curry
    Lebron
    Durant
    DeMarcus Cousins PER 21.1 averaging 20/12 per 36.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Responding to you isn't worth it.

Kobe approving means it's a good move?

Thanks for proving my point.

Excuses? More like facts. How many games have the Lakers even had their full staring 5 for?
    You're not responding back to me because you know it's the truth. Ray Allen is a three point shooter who understands that it's a tougher shot. That's his strength. Are you going to say FG% hurts Ray Allen because he's shooting threes? That's his strength.

The fact that Kobe approved means he knew full well of the players who were coming in. He knew Nash can't play defense, he knew Howard is injured, and he knew Gasol is struggling. Now you're going to say Kobe has no teammates? Seriously, you guys signed the best center, a top 10 PG, and you're still complaining? Give me a break. Dallas has a better record and their best player, Dirk, was injured and is still playing bad. Blaming his teammates when Kobe declared themselves champions before winning a game is just the icing on the cake.

vCash
    You're not responding back to me because you know it's the truth. Ray Allen is a three point shooter who understands that it's a tougher shot. That's his strength. Are you going to say FG% hurts Ray Allen because he's shooting threes? That's his strength.

The fact that Kobe approved means he knew full well of the players who were coming in. He knew Nash can't play defense, he knew Howard is injured, and he knew Gasol is struggling. Now you're going to say Kobe has no teammates? Seriously, you guys signed the best center, a top 10 PG, and you're still complaining? Give me a break. Dallas has a better record and their best player, Dirk, was injured and is still playing bad. Blaming his teammates when Kobe declared themselves champions before winning a game is just the icing on the cake.
    FG% is terrible because guys in the post take high percentage shots, and guys on the perimeter take low percentage shots. It's not that hard to understand.

For the last time, I'm not a Lakers fan.

vCash
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...cati01&y6=2013

That's comparing the top 6 centers this year. Right now, honestly, Duncan has been the best. His defensive #s of been terrific and his PER 36 #s are awesome. He should honestly be in the top 5 in MVP voting this year. I can't think of 5 players better than him this year.

Paul
    Kobe
    Durant
    Lebron
    Duncan

Now granted I am a huge Nets fan, but I am shocked at how many people would have Gasol over him. People say Lopez is a horrid rebounder, but Gasol's #s are one of the lowest among centers. People need to stop repeating the same things about Lopez that he can't rebound or defend. This year he has been a top 10 defensive center with one of the highest block rates in the league and decent DRTG. He has rebounded at a solid rate as well at 9.1. Now I am not going to say he's terrific in these qualities, but he has been good this year and I think it is time we give him the credit he deserves. He would be my 2nd team All NBA Center.

And for my ALL NBA 3rd Team, Tyson Chandler is the option here. I am a Nets fan, but I am not a hater on everything Knicks. Tyson is a stud. He is as efficient as it comes and a great defender. Probably the largest reason IMO the Knicks have been as good as they have this year.

Can't believe I'd see the day where Dwight isn't in an ALL NBA team. He's still the best center in the league due to his large body of work, but he just hasn't been as good this year. As for Noah and Gasol, great centers, but are overrated on this site for some reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    FG% is terrible because guys in the post take high percentage shots, and guys on the perimeter take low percentage shots. It's not that hard to understand.

For the last time, I'm not a Lakers fan.
    So if Ray Allen can drive it to the post for a layup, why can't he do it? Cause he can't. LeBron doesn't jack up threes because he doesn't have to do that. It's not his fault his FG% is so high because he does what he's supposed to do. You guys seem to think playing in the paint is instant higher FG%. No, if that was the case, players would drive to the paint 24/7 and there would be no shooters. They play to their strengths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...cati01&y6=2013

That's comparing the top 6 centers this year. Right now, honestly, Duncan has been the best. His defensive #s of been terrific and his PER 36 #s are awesome. He should honestly be in the top 5 in MVP voting this year. I can't think of 5 players better than him this year.

Paul
    Kobe
    Durant
    Lebron
    Duncan

Now granted I am a huge Nets fan, but I am shocked at how many people would have Gasol over him. People say Lopez is a horrid rebounder, but Gasol's #s are one of the lowest among centers. People need to stop repeating the same things about Lopez that he can't rebound or defend. This year he has been a top 10 defensive center with one of the highest block rates in the league and decent DRTG. He has rebounded at a solid rate as well at 9.1. Now I am not going to say he's terrific in these qualities, but he has been good this year and I think it is time we give him the credit he deserves. He would be my 2nd team All NBA Center.

And for my ALL NBA 3rd Team, Tyson Chandler is the option here. I am a Nets fan, but I am not a hater on everything Knicks. Tyson is a stud. He is as efficient as it comes and a great defender. Probably the largest reason IMO the Knicks have been as good as they have this year.

Can't believe I'd see the day where Dwight isn't in an ALL NBA team. He's still the best center in the league due to his large body of work, but he just hasn't been as good this year. As for Noah and Gasol, great centers, but are overrated on this site for some reason.
    Agreed but you just stated Dwight is the best center even though he's not as good this year. You can't leave him out just because he's not as good as last year. Regardless, he's still the best center and his numbers don't lie.

vCash
    So if Ray Allen can drive it to the post for a layup, why can't he do it? Cause he can't. LeBron doesn't jack up threes because he doesn't have to do that. It's not his fault his FG% is so high because he does what he's supposed to do. You guys seem to think playing in the paint is instant higher FG%. No, if that was the case, players would drive to the paint 24/7 and there would be no shooters. They play to their strengths.
    You just don't get it, do you? Go and look up TS% and eFG%.

vCash
    FG% isn't a garbage stat. It's a stat that clearly shows their FG%
    So FG% is a stat that clearly shows FG%......

compelling stuff there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    So FG% is a stat that clearly shows FG%......

compelling stuff there
    FG% doesn't equate number of 360 dunks per 17 minutes? Mind boggling
    Dolphins Mock Draft:
    1: Zach Martin
    2: Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    3: Shayne Skov
    4: Seantrel Henderson/Dakota Dozier
    5: Tre Boston
    6: Marion Grice
    7: Beau Allen

vCash
    1st Team
    Chris Paul
    Dwyane Wade
    Lebron James
    Kevin Durant
    Tim Duncan

2nd Team
    James Harden
    Kobe Bryant
    Carmelo Anthony
    David Lee
    Dwight Howard

3rd Team
    Russell Westbrook
    Tony Parker
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Paul George
    Joakim Noah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    CP3
    Steph Curry
    Lebron
    Durant
    DeMarcus Cousins PER 21.1 averaging 20/12 per 36.
    I can't get mad at you because I'm obv a Warriors fan, but... lol I don't know what to say that post just had me laughing especially the way you posted DC's PER and per-36 stats.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    PG Lebron James
    SG D Wade
    SF Kevin Durant
    PF Carmelo Anthony
    C Blake Griffin

This team can rebound because there huge at PG and SF and super athletic everywhere. Two great three point shooters. Four that can get to the hole at will. All can run. All can finish. All are unselfish and will play there position. They could run any team off the court. They would be deadly from 3pt land. There would be a lot of running and dunking and wide open three point draining. That would be My starting 5 if I was a coach. That wont be the all nba team though... obviously.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 01-24-2013 at 10:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    PG Lebron James
    SG D Wade
    SF Kevin Durant
    PF Carmelo Anthony
    C Blake Griffin

This team can rebound because there huge at PG and SF and super athletic everywhere. Two great three point shooters. Four that can get to the hole at will. All can run. All can finish. All are unselfish and will play there position. They could run any team off the court. They would be deadly from 3pt land. There would be a lot of running and dunking and wide open three point draining. That would be My starting 5 if I was a coach. That wont be the all nba team though... obviously.
    What
    The

You can't just pick a team and say they play that position... The only players that fit their role are Wade and Durant. I think this would be a good All star lineup... Not a legitimate ALL NBA.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast