Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win!

10 71.43%
  • Lose

4 28.57%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    vCash
    That was a putrid display. I expect us to win at home vs the Islanders.

vCash
    Nights like last nght make you shake your head. I don't even know what to say about Phaneuf. Pretty bad last night. The goalies were letting in clean shots. Looked like a Bantam house league game.

vCash
    Let's get #BuyoutDion trending?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Phaneuf had a really bad game tonight...he just isn't a good defenceman. I don't understand how people can continue to defend a guy who has a $6.5 million cap hit and continues to put efforts in like this game. He has done nothing to prove that he deserves this contract.

Funny fact...Phaneuf has a bigger cap hit than Gunnar, Franson, Gardnier, Kostka, Fraser and Holzer combined.
    All guys on ELC's or AHLers, not that I'm defending Dions cap hit.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    All guys on ELC's or AHLers, not that I'm defending Dions cap hit.
    The sad part is the 6 d-men listed were all on the Leafs roster when I wrote that comment...this team is a mess on the back end

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    The sad part is the 6 d-men listed were all on the Leafs roster when I wrote that comment...this team is a mess on the back end
    Well the good news is by the time guys like Gardiner and Rielly need big contracts, Dions will be expiring. I still think Dion could be a $5 million(ish) player going forward. If he's back to 50+ points a year, the contract doesn't look nearly as bad. Getting Kostka off the PP would help.

vCash
    Well the good news is by the time guys like Gardiner and Rielly need big contracts, Dions will be expiring. I still think Dion could be a $5 million(ish) player going forward. If he's back to 50+ points a year, the contract doesn't look nearly as bad. Getting Kostka off the PP would help.
    Komi`s contract is up at the end of that year as well.2014 free agent class is really deep,obviously some of those guys will sign before then but still.

vCash
    ^Komi will be bought out before he gets a chance to expire. Also Lombardi is out indefinitely with an upper body injury in Phoenix, i was really pulling for him to get back to form there.

vCash
    By the time that contract expires he should take a discount for $4.5 for 4 years ($18 million in total) to make up for being overpaid for so long.

vCash
    ^ No player entering their prime years is going to take a discount because he may have been overpaid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    ^ No player entering their prime years is going to take a discount because he may have been overpaid.
    Clearly, he is already past his prime...check his stats

vCash
    ^? Every time he has played a full season he has been a ~50 pt dman, let me guess you're talking about his injured seasons right. Of couse because every dman puts up 44 pts with the talent on this roster. He only placed 12th in defenseman scoring last year, what a chump he's done.

Man Crosby is fuuuuuucked then
    Last edited by OptiMized; 01-26-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213