Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis ?

vCash
    Revis is a huge risk and a HUGE salary

just because we COULD afford him doesnt mean he is worth the extra money

would you rather have revis coming off of a huge injury?(and remember hes not a RB or OT or anything, ACL injuries are notorious for killing CB careers cause of the type of movement they do) or Milliner, and two impact starting FAs?

for me the answer is as easy as it can get

vCash
    DM is going to be a bust and I will be pretty pissed if we take him with our 1st.

vCash
    Did everyone forget what happen 2 years ago, that work out great!

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Forgive me for being simplistic, but I think that what happened this year and last involved a whole lot more than a few FAs being signed. Just saying.

Good teams acquire veteran players all of the time to fill areas of need.
    Last edited by Ace23; 01-24-2013 at 02:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Did everyone forget what happen 2 years ago, that work out great!
    Lmao, Okay Lets not all go crazy like this ^^^^ ... We signed like 10 different people, does 2 years ago make it that we should NEVER sign a Big name player again ? This is the Best CB in football , he is worth going after
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Revis-Asomugha would be a downright scary secondary.

I think Revis could be had for a lot less than a top 10 pick -- remember what Samuel fetched in the open market just a year ago. He was in a sort-of similar situation (big contract, team obviously shopping him and needing to clear space, but Samuel wasn't coming off major surgery).

It's worth exploring, and if the price is right, it'd be a great move for the Eagles. Nnamdi would have to take a pay cut and DRC could walk. If we could sign both Revis and Nnamdi for $8M per, we could have two All-World CBs for the price we would've paid for just Asomugha.

The only concern then would be getting a Safety who can actually play.
    Revis last contract avg 10 mil per year. He isn't going to take a pay cut to play in Philly. If anything he will be asking for more...

1980 & 2008 World Series Champs

vCash
    if Revis would play FS ... i'm in 100% ...

the injury scares me, but revis can tackle and he can ball hawk ... i'd be interested to see how offenses would play with him as a FS ...

you would add a lot of flexibility and could do a nice amount of corner blitzing with a FS like Revis ...

vCash
    Be nice to get him but,no way to the 4th pick in the draft.If it would be possible to trade Nnamdi for him,that would be much more interesting.

vCash
    I would cut Namni he's 32 years old and even if we wanted to bring in Revis its still up to Kelly and how he wants to run his defense and then we still have to factor in if they are going to resign DRC at all. I would just wait and see what goes on and I'd rather focus on the whole defense itself with as many holes we have and plus we still don't know who the quarterback is going to be under Kelly. The front office has been doing good so far so I'm just going to sit back and watch happens from here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    And we ate right back to wanting to sign all the big name FA, the same thing that got us in the mess we are in now.
    no, we sign the big names and didn't use them in the schemes that got them the big name. kind of pointless if you ask me.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Revis-Asomugha would be a downright scary secondary.

I think Revis could be had for a lot less than a top 10 pick -- remember what Samuel fetched in the open market just a year ago. He was in a sort-of similar situation (big contract, team obviously shopping him and needing to clear space, but Samuel wasn't coming off major surgery).

It's worth exploring, and if the price is right, it'd be a great move for the Eagles. Nnamdi would have to take a pay cut and DRC could walk. If we could sign both Revis and Nnamdi for $8M per, we could have two All-World CBs for the price we would've paid for just Asomugha.

The only concern then would be getting a Safety who can actually play.
    There's only one problem with your logic. Nnamdi is absolutely horrendous and has been for the past 2 seasons.

vCash
    How about the eagles trade the 4th pick in the draft for Revis and the 9th pick.

With the 9th pick in the Draft the eagles draft Chance womack.

Eagles get 2 great players.

vCash
    I would not take DM at 4, but this idea is truly horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eagles715 View Post
    There's only one problem with your logic. Nnamdi is absolutely horrendous and has been for the past 2 seasons.
    Nnamdi was setup for failure, having that awful safety help and and sorry *** defensive coordinators played a huge part on Nnamdi's downfall

"The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan

*EAGLES (0-0)* SPURS (2-1) * PHILLIES (31-35)*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    I want Revis bad. Trading the 4th overall to get him? Jokes.
    Thats assuming all were getting in the deal is Revis. We actually would have the upper hand in this negotiation. They are waaaaay over the cap, we have a very high pick and they are trying to trade a player coming off a significant injury who has a high price tag. We could certainly push to get additional picks.

Revis and a 2nd? I wouldnt be able to be able to hand them our pick fast enough, especially if its on draft day and Joeckel is off the board. Would allow us to address Safety and OL in the 2nd and brings in the best CB in the game who is going to wind up in the HoF
    PSD's c_reinert

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast