Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis ?

vCash

Revis ?

Like 90% of the mock drafts i read have us taking Dee Milliner CB From bama.
    And with Nnamdi Probably going to get cut, Would it make sense to basically trade Milliner for Revis? ... I cant figure the jets would not take a 1st for him, espically after an injury like that.... What do You Guys think?
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

vCash
    These types of injuries can ruin corners, not to mention you have to factor in salary

i would not give the #4 pick for revis in any scenario, and i would rather have milliner than him when you factor in price and injury

vCash
    I think it'd take a lot more than just milliner to get Revis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weststar11 View Post
    I think it'd take a lot more than just milliner to get Revis.
    i dont know? maybe if he did not just have that ACL injury... But him coming off that injury, the 4th overall would have to do it, i would think anyway.
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    These types of injuries can ruin corners, not to mention you have to factor in salary
    i would not give the #4 pick for revis in any scenario, and i would rather have milliner than him when you factor in price and injury
    dont we have alot of cap? also once nnamdi gets cut, we should be okay?

vCash
    I want Revis bad. Trading the 4th overall to get him? Jokes.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    I want Revis bad. Trading the 4th overall to get him? Jokes.
    Even if everyone has us taking a CB? why is that a joke? ..... you would rather have a player that has not played Nfl Ball ? or the best Corner in the Nfl lol

if mocks showed us we are taking someone else besides a corner. your comment makes sense. but everyone says CB

vCash
    His contract demands and injury have a HUGE impact on what the Jets will get in a trade. No one is trading a Top 10 draft pick for Revis. Jets are in Major cap trouble and will have to trade him or cut multiple starters. They are screwed and will be forced to take a low ball offer if he is moved...

1980 & 2008 World Series Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDT4LIFE View Post
    His contract demands and injury have a HUGE impact on what the Jets will get in a trade. No one is trading a Top 10 draft pick for Revis. Jets are in Major cap trouble and will have to trade him or cut multiple starters. They are screwed and will be forced to take a low ball offer if he is moved...
    I'll give Bryce Brown and our 4th round draft pick for Revis, than sign Jarius Bryd, and restructure Nnamdi-----let DRC walk and cut Coleman

Bryd will be the safety that will make Nnamdi so much better and having Revis on the opposite side will improve this secondary and we can ease Revis back into elite form....

"The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan

*EAGLES (0-0)* SPURS (2-1) * PHILLIES (31-35)*

vCash
    You restructure Nnamdi (saving 7-9 million)cut Bell (saving 6million) cut Vick (saving 12 million)cut Cullen (saving5million ) bingo we are under the cap.

"The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan

vCash
    Revis-Asomugha would be a downright scary secondary.

I think Revis could be had for a lot less than a top 10 pick -- remember what Samuel fetched in the open market just a year ago. He was in a sort-of similar situation (big contract, team obviously shopping him and needing to clear space, but Samuel wasn't coming off major surgery).

It's worth exploring, and if the price is right, it'd be a great move for the Eagles. Nnamdi would have to take a pay cut and DRC could walk. If we could sign both Revis and Nnamdi for $8M per, we could have two All-World CBs for the price we would've paid for just Asomugha.

The only concern then would be getting a Safety who can actually play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzyman05 View Post
    You restructure Nnamdi (saving 7-9 million)cut Bell (saving 6million) cut Vick (saving 12 million)cut Cullen (saving5million ) bingo we are under the cap.
    Don't cut Jenkins. Too valuable and too good on the inside. $5M for a very good DT is a reasonable price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Revis-Asomugha would be a downright scary secondary.

I think Revis could be had for a lot less than a top 10 pick -- remember what Samuel fetched in the open market just a year ago. He was in a sort-of similar situation (big contract, team obviously shopping him and needing to clear space, but Samuel wasn't coming off major surgery).

It's worth exploring, and if the price is right, it'd be a great move for the Eagles. Nnamdi would have to take a pay cut and DRC could walk. If we could sign both Revis and Nnamdi for $8M per, we could have two All-World CBs for the price we would've paid for just Asomugha.

The only concern then would be getting a Safety who can actually play.
    Draft Philip Thomas, Tony Jefferson, or Elam then get a decent veteran in free agency....the only problem is that Revis is going to cost more than 8million per year but any safety is better than Allen and Coleman and with Revis coming off a serious injury good safety play is a must.

I would not want to cut Cullen either but

- Tim Duncan

vCash
    I was thinking something along the lines of $8M per with incentives and some options. I'm sure there is a creative way to structure the deal to make Revis happy while not destroying our cap situation.

vCash
    And we ate right back to wanting to sign all the big name FA, the same thing that got us in the mess we are in now.

OK Nick, you see that over there? That's what used to be of our playoff chances.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to screw you over.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast