Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have to agree, in the Lakers best interest, they need to trade Pau.
    Chances are, Dwight stays in the off-season. Who than becomes the sole piece in the middle. It's than best to have placed a solid stretch forward at the 4 who can consistently hit jump shots and provide offense for us.
    With our current financial status, our only option is to trade away Gasol, who's making close to 19M this year.

I also agree D'Antoni clearly was a big mistake and needs to go. Jackson would've never let the Lakers fall apart like this.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Don View Post
    I have to agree, in the Lakers best interest, they need to trade Pau.
    Chances are, Dwight stays in the off-season. Who than becomes the sole piece in the middle. It's than best to have placed a solid stretch forward at the 4 who can consistently hit jump shots and provide offense for us.
    With our current financial status, our only option is to trade away Gasol, who's making close to 19M this year.

I also agree D'Antoni clearly was a big mistake and needs to go. Jackson would've never let the Lakers fall apart like this.
    This. Let's face it we are stuck with D'Antoni cuz the FO isn't going to fire two coaches in one year. Just won't happen. The only thing we can do (and something needs to be done) is trade Pau. We are out of other options.

vCash
    i say its better to fire dantoni right now, bring sloan and see what he can do with this players.
    If it still isnt working, trade Pau and/or Howard if he doesnot want to sign long term.

because if we Trade pau for "depth" , 1 we will ahveto take some salarys that go beyond 2014.
    Dantoni stays.

say wellcome to this secenario.

1 miss playoffs or first round exit
    2 dwight walks.
    3 kobe asks for trade.

vCash
    I'd be down for firing Mike right now. Problem is, we all know that Jim will give him the rest of the year to turn it around.

vCash
    Howard will leave if dantonie is still the coach that's all there is to it....
    I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.
    Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K0BE8124 View Post
    Howard will leave if dantonie is still the coach that's all there is to it....
    I agree, and he'll be fired at the end of the year. Not being able to even make the playoffs with this roster will be the end of him.

vCash
    im pretty sure if they do not at least make the playoffs dantoni is gone within the first 5 games of next season ha ha, but hopefully sooner so dwight will re-sign

vCash
    With Howard injured, Pau's stay in LA is almost assured

vCash
    Pau for J. Smith or Rudy Gay or nothing. Unless we get someone who's a perfect fit like kevin love or Ryan anderson, they will not affect the game as much as Gasol is right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    Why do Laker fans always think they are going to get the best of every trade? Millsap and Marvin for Pau is a pretty good trade for the Lakers. Millsap and Marvin will compliment Dwight and Kobe so much better than Pau does now.
    It isn't that they are horrible value necessarily they just aren't what the team needs... why would we trade for a guy who probably won't be here next year or will want a long term deal that the lakers don't want to give out (milsap) ... or a player that is way overpayed and would be nothing more than an overpaid back up (marvin) who will leave after next year because some team will overpay for him in FA...

Again, we don't have to "win" every trade but we need both a PG and SG more than those two guys...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    i say its better to fire dantoni right now, bring sloan and see what he can do with this players.
    If it still isnt working, trade Pau and/or Howard if he doesnot want to sign long term.

because if we Trade pau for "depth" , 1 we will ahveto take some salarys that go beyond 2014.
    Dantoni stays.

say wellcome to this secenario.

1 miss playoffs or first round exit
    2 dwight walks.
    3 kobe asks for trade.
    no we won't ... you are hilarious... there are plenty of deals out there that won't require us to take additional years of salary... you just don't want the trade to happen to your boy Pau so you always frame the discussion in the negative...

as for your additional "scenario" ... more self serving garbage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    With Howard injured, Pau's stay in LA is almost assured
    wasn't he cleared to play tomorrow night already?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    no we won't ... you are hilarious... there are plenty of deals out there that won't require us to take additional years of salary... you just don't want the trade to happen to your boy Pau so you always frame the discussion in the negative...

as for your additional "scenario" ... more self serving garbage
    i take you didnt read the grantland article in wich they have real problems finiding a pau trade that doe snot take salarys back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    i take you didnt read the grantland article in wich they have real problems finiding a pau trade that doe snot take salarys back.
    i read the back and forth discussion that was posted earlier... an "opinion piece" by two speculators and opinion makers (obviously made you a believer) that doesn't mean DICK...

Again, if your source is Bill simmons i know a couple of whores down on sepulveda with more credible information on the lakers i can put you in contact with.

vCash
    Trade Pau for expirings.........free up space for Chris Paul

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast