Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    @bwallstreet Im pretty sure that ever teams fan's over value there players worth its just a natural thing that we are all guilty of as well. Theres no way a guy coming off acl surgery would ever get that kind compensation hell i wouldnt give that much for anyone in the nfl other than maybe Aaron Rodgers. Im curious who you do feel deserves to be the highest paid D player? Is it because of his injury that hes not deserving which is valid but if he never got hurt its easily debatable that hes the best Defensive player in the nfl.
    First off I wouldnt pay any defensive player Franchise QB money. If your paying a defender 18 mil and a QB 18 mil...a third of your salary cap is tied up in 2 players. I wouldnt pay a defender more than 14-15 mil a year no matter how good he is.

You have to understand about a great cover corner like Darrelle, they just wont throw at him. It doesnt mean they won't throw or run, they just won't throw at him. For instance Darrelle can cover Julio Jones every play of the game, but the Falcons could tear you up with Roddy White, Tony G, Harry Douglas and their run game.

The highest paid player in the league probably SHOULD be Von Miller or J.J. Watt. Miller, rushes the QB, defends the run and drops back in coverage. Watt rushes the passer, defends the run consistently and swats down passes at the line of scrimmage. Watt's ability to defend passes at the line of scrimmage seperates him from other D-Lineman. Outside LBs who can cover guys, rush the passer and defend the run are more important than a shutdown corner to overall team defense. Lavonte David for instance is good in coverage, great against the run..but doesnt put consistent pressure on QBs(its not in his job description normally), imagine if he was the player he is but had 15-20 sacks. That is basically Von Miller, tho hes not quite as good in coverage or against the run but almost.

BWALL & QUIK FIX THIS MESS
    PSD Mock Draft

1. Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
    2. Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
    3. Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    5. Ego Ferguson DT LSU
    5. Marquis Spruill LB Syracuse
    6. Russell Bodine G/C North Carolina

vCash
    1st round and the extra 4th give him 15 million a year. 60 million guarantee. Reason is I would prefer him over anyone else in free agency and I'm still mad we didn't make the Calvin Johnson trade. 3 picks who turned out to be Gaines Adams, Aaron Sears, and Sabby Piscetelli.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    First off I wouldnt pay any defensive player Franchise QB money. If your paying a defender 18 mil and a QB 18 mil...a third of your salary cap is tied up in 2 players. I wouldnt pay a defender more than 14-15 mil a year no matter how good he is.

You have to understand about a great cover corner like Darrelle, they just wont throw at him. It doesnt mean they won't throw or run, they just won't throw at him. For instance Darrelle can cover Julio Jones every play of the game, but the Falcons could tear you up with Roddy White, Tony G, Harry Douglas and their run game.

The highest paid player in the league probably SHOULD be Von Miller or J.J. Watt. Miller, rushes the QB, defends the run and drops back in coverage. Watt rushes the passer, defends the run consistently and swats down passes at the line of scrimmage. Watt's ability to defend passes at the line of scrimmage seperates him from other D-Lineman. Outside LBs who can cover guys, rush the passer and defend the run are more important than a shutdown corner to overall team defense. Lavonte David for instance is good in coverage, great against the run..but doesnt put consistent pressure on QBs(its not in his job description normally), imagine if he was the player he is but had 15-20 sacks. That is basically Von Miller, tho hes not quite as good in coverage or against the run but almost.
    Same goes for Watt and Miller want to stop them double them, want to keep them from stopping the run, run to the other side you can gameplan for anyone but something Revis can do that those guys can't to is almost completely erase the best WR on the field for the game. Go through every team you take there best wr off the field with only 1 player that leaves you to be able to double up anyone else that might worry you and could blitz more then you would be able to normally.

DE/DT/LB's all are better when they have good players around them to take the pressure and the double teaming ect.. away from them. CB is much more of individual position where you cant always rely on having someone to help you when your locked up man. Thats why i feel he is more then deserving for top D money. but as is evident with our team it doesnt matter what you have on D if your CB's suck your D is going to Suck. But this argument is pointless if Revis isnt healthy anyways, Also I wouldnt pay him QB money though

vCash
    Same goes for Watt and Miller want to stop them double them, want to keep them from stopping the run, run to the other side you can gameplan for anyone but something Revis can do that those guys can't to is almost completely erase the best WR on the field for the game. Go through every team you take there best wr off the field with only 1 player that leaves you to be able to double up anyone else that might worry you and could blitz more then you would be able to normally.

DE/DT/LB's all are better when they have good players around them to take the pressure and the double teaming ect.. away from them. CB is much more of individual position where you cant always rely on having someone to help you when your locked up man. Thats why i feel he is more then deserving for top D money. but as is evident with our team it doesnt matter what you have on D if your CB's suck your D is going to Suck. But this argument is pointless if Revis isnt healthy anyways, Also I wouldnt pay him QB money though
    if Revis takes a wr out of a play you have a 10 on 10 situation

if you double team Miller or Watt you have a 10 on 9 situation...and the reason Watt is as good as he is, is because he can beat double teams...same with miller...and if double teamed correctly he can still get those paws up

Theres no reason Revis should turn down a 5 year 60-65 million dollar deal with 35-40 guaranteed. I would trade our 2013 2nd rounder, 2014 2-4 rouner and LGB.

That is completely fair, anything more is quite absurd.

Look at Vincent, I honestly believe his size, speed, skill and production make him a Top 5 WR and he got paid 5yr/55 mil...Darrelle should except an extra 2 mil and be happy to be part of building something special.

Mark my words, if he gets a Mario Williams contract he will never win a Super Bowl with that team.

PSD Mock Draft

5. Ego Ferguson DT LSU

vCash
    I'm cool with making him the highest paid cb in NFL history, but he practically missed the whole season I don't see us nor any other team making him the highest paid D player in the NFL after a serious injury where he missed 9o% of the season!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    I'd rather pay a Brent Grimes 25 mil for three years & hope he outperforms the contract. We keep our picks & make the defense better elsewhere (OLB, DL depth, FS of the future, #2 CB). Three birds, one stone.

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldavid3169 View Post
    1st round and the extra 4th give him 15 million a year. 60 million guarantee. Reason is I would prefer him over anyone else in free agency and I'm still mad we didn't make the Calvin Johnson trade. 3 picks who turned out to be Gaines Adams, Aaron Sears, and Sabby Piscetelli.
    I think we gotta let the Calvan Johnson thing go. Im not saying I don't agree. W/ a trade, but we all know we made a mistake but not finding a way to get C. Johnson. We can't always go back to that to justify tradeing a 1st round pick like its nothing. They still hold plenty of value, even if not every pick is a hit. We know how good Revis is, but im questioning character. I would think Greg and Dom would do the reserch before making that big of move anyway

vCash
    The megatron draft still does sting though not so much for not getting him who everyone really wanted so badly but taking Gaines (RIP) over Peterson, Willis or Revis. Interesting to think where we would be if we took one of those guys...

vCash
    ^And I think it goes back to the same thing we are talking about in the draft thread right now. Simply drafting a pass rusher, who had major upside does not mean its going to be a game changing move. With A. Clayborn and M. Bennett doing there thing, why not look towards a direction where we really have nothing to loose (CB, FS, TE, SLB, RT). These are areas that we already need improvment. So if we swing and miss on a guy in one of those areas, we don't get any worse. Now if we let Bennett walk, and swing and miss on a DE, then what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    ^And I think it goes back to the same thing we are talking about in the draft thread right now. Simply drafting a pass rusher, who had major upside does not mean its going to be a game changing move. With A. Clayborn and M. Bennett doing there thing, why not look towards a direction where we really have nothing to loose (CB, FS, TE, SLB, RT). These are areas that we already need improvment. So if we swing and miss on a guy in one of those areas, we don't get any worse. Now if we let Bennett walk, and swing and miss on a DE, then what?
    If we lose Bennett i think he would honestly be very replaceable its not like we are talking about a Peppers or a Allen here. I would hope we wouldnt over pay for someone that has been getting better but still its exactly setting the world on fire. Clayborn i love but fact is he is coming off a major knee surgery so its really unknown if he will get back to 100%. Honestly noone can say for certain what we will do come draft day most of it hinges on what we do when the FA period opens if we sign a few CB's then i wouldnt be surprised to see us draft a DE/DT in round 1. If Ronde comes back i dont see FS as a pressing need this off season, If we resign Clark maybe we look in the later rounds for a TE, Maybe the FO is more then happy with what Dotson showed as a RT, Maybe they feel a healthy Benn might be a solution to the Slot position. So many questions, so many opinions, so many arguments.

vCash
    ^That is a lot of maybes, and honestly, I don't disagree that maybe all of that could happen, but I just need to say this- Evey single person on our forum agreed that G. Mccoy and L. David are our 2 best defensive players. I would not be suprised to see 100% of us vote for Mason Foster as our 3rd best defensive player. So lets take WLB, MLB, and DT (not NT) out of the need category.

That leaves 9 starting spots on our defense that we can evaluate. Obviously Barron's spot is safe, so now we have 8 spots to look at. Can anybody on here even try to make a case that any of those current starters are better then M. Bennett or A. Clayborn? I just want to hear 1 person tell me that R.Miller, Q. Black, A. Black, L. Johnson, or E. Biggers is better then M. Bennett or A. Clayborn.

For that matter, I would also like to hear someone tell me that D. Clark, D. Dotson, and T. Underwood are better then Bennett and/or Clayborn as well.

vCash
    Why are we comparing guys that are on our team with other guys that are also on our team? We know what everyone we have can offer pretty much guys like clayborn and bowers still havent hit there ceiling i think bennett might be at about his. But Clayborn isnt going anywhere hes locked in for next season, bennett on the other hand is a free agent who will look to cash in on a 9 sack season. Do we really feel hes worth big money? was his season just a fluke? If hes looking for a huge contract then id have to pass on him i dont think hes worth it. But really not sure why you want to compare people on our team what most people want here is to bring in some fresh bodies to positions.

vCash
    Why are we comparing guys that are on our team with other guys that are also on our team? We know what everyone we have can offer pretty much guys like clayborn and bowers still havent hit there ceiling i think bennett might be at about his. But Clayborn isnt going anywhere hes locked in for next season, bennett on the other hand is a free agent who will look to cash in on a 9 sack season. Do we really feel hes worth big money? was his season just a fluke? If hes looking for a huge contract then id have to pass on him i dont think hes worth it. But really not sure why you want to compare people on our team what most people want here is to bring in some fresh bodies to positions.
    Yes!

vCash
    Have to disagree then i dont think hes worth a big deal that im sure someone with overpay him for, before this 9 sack season his sack totals in the previous 2 season were 4 and 1. So yeah he would need to show a little more before i really think he is a cornerstone type lineman that deserves a big contract and if we do lose him i wont really shed a tear. I really wouldn't be surprised if he joined the giants if they do release Osi and or Tuck.

vCash
    the thing you have to know about Bennett is that he has increased his sack total each of the last 3 seasons and has developed very nicely and continues to improve, hes also in his prime.

Hes worth the money hes going to ask for, which I wouldnt classify as big money. He'll end up signing I think for 7-10 mil a year...I would say 4 years 32 million 20 guaranteed.

@brewhouse

he wasnt trying to compare players, he was trying to rank our needs. @aecon why did you bring this here, lol absolutely nothing to do with Revis LMAO....anyways I think Aecon is saying we should address RT, TE, SlotWR, CB1, CB2, SLB, FS, NT....all starters....in some order....before we even think of addressing DEs

Im pretty sure thats what he said/was trying to say

PSD Mock Draft

5. Ego Ferguson DT LSU

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast