Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    yeah antoine cromartie is overrated but he is still better than what we got now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    you dont want cromartie bro, hes one of the most overrated corners in the league and a penalty machine, penalties will continue getting worse as he ages and loses a step
    Yeaaa well there will be a few cheaper quality players available, not shut down but quality players we can proly deal with if Revis is a sponge!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    im fine with revis as long as there is a long term deal involved

cromartie, no way....if he was cut(hes not a FA for another year right now) hed be outside of my top 10 cbs to sign

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    I would loose all faith id we signed Cromarte. One of the most overated players in the league! We are not typically players in blockbuster trades, but I would not be suprised to see us get involved in this one!

vCash
    If you look at what Cromartie did this past year he wasnt that overrated. However when hes put up with Revis on the otherside he just looks awful, penalties and gets burned every play. He had a really good year when they needed him to step up, and the safetys played really good too. Overall i agree with you guys and I would not want him on this team, just giving props where props is due.

(he is better than anything we have too)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    If you look at what Cromartie did this past year he wasnt that overrated. However when hes put up with Revis on the otherside he just looks awful, penalties and gets burned every play. He had a really good year when they needed him to step up, and the safetys played really good too. Overall i agree with you guys and I would not want him on this team, just giving props where props is due.

(he is better than anything we have too)
    while it is true that he is better than what we have, he is not better than what we can get.

he prob looked decent cuz they had even ******** cbs to pick on....hes hot garbage, always has been

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    A high priced CB who has not played in a year because of a torn ACL will not be able to get a 1st round pick. At the most I can see a 3rd round pick.

A few years ago I can see it, but lately trades have been low cost. Dameco Ryan for only a fourth, Brandon Marshall for two thirds (and he was healthy and a huge threat), Keith Rivers for a 5th round.

Does anyone RIGHT NOW, think that Revis can come back and compete with the top ten Receivers. I mean I think he is capable of it, but the possibility is slim. Adrian Peterson is the exception not the rule. The Jets know this. Ans so do 31 other teams.

If we had two good CBs I wouldn't want to make this trade. But we need Revis, if he is half the corner he use to be. He can handle the bigger WR and we can focus on keeping Wright or getting a Corner with speed. At most I think we can get him for a third or two fourth picks.

He is not worth any of our Receivers or Linemen. Martin, Davis, Foster, McCoy, Claiborne are also a few names I would keep over him. But we should still make an attempt on him.
    Last edited by I-4_Fan; 01-25-2013 at 02:24 PM.

vCash
    I think if we get him in the trade we do not resign him till after the season to see where is skills are at.

If he is at his best we give him his top CB money. We still have space to work with and Eric Wright had voided his guaranteed money with the PED situation. So dropping him opens up another 6 million.

If he is not the CB he use to be, then let him walk in FA.

vCash
    while it is true that he is better than what we have, he is not better than what we can get.

he prob looked decent cuz they had even ******** cbs to pick on....hes hot garbage, always has been
    Oh yea i think we can get far better CBs. Theyre saying that there are like 5-6 teams interested in Revis too which is nuts.

vCash
    According to ESPN New York, Darrelle Revis is "believed" to be seeking $16 million annually and $60 million guaranteed on his next contract.
    For perspective, Mario Williams signed a contract last March paying him $16 million per year but with "only" $50 million guaranteed. It made him the highest paid defensive player in league history. New Jets GM John Idzik met with his All-Pro cornerback on Friday, but was noncommittal on Revis' future at his introductory press conference, which speaks volumes. The Jets only have Revis signed through 2013. Mired in the worst salary cap situation in football, the Jets simply won't be able to pay the man.
    Source: ESPN New York Jan 25 - 7:59 PM
    Whelp scratch revis
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Pats bills 9ers Seattle GB and Den in on Revis. Don't know how any of them can afford him, pats& bills ain't getting him
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Revis makes a ton of sense for Tampa. I would give our first rounder for sure and possibly our second 4th rounder for him.

why not? Sure he is coming off a torn ACL but he is still young (27) and he is the best cover corner in the NFL. when you go up against Colston, Jones, white, and Smith twice a season it would be nice to have a corner who can take them out of the game.

vCash
    not for 100 something million a year with more than half of it guaranteed

**** revis...i thought he was asking for normal money like maybe 12-13 a year

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    If anyone can make it work its Dom. Revis is looking for about 16mil a season with 60mil guaranteed. I would be okay with that. as long as he plays at a top level. Dom should put stipulations just like he did with Wright, if you get in trouble we owe you nothing, you need to be on the field more than 70 percent of the time, and he needs to hold receivers that he is covering to less than 100 yards a game. If he wants to get paid like the best shutdown corner he needs to play like it. if he fails any of those we take money away.

vCash
    not for 100 something million a year with more than half of it guaranteed

**** revis...i thought he was asking for normal money like maybe 12-13 a year
    That'sjust his demand. He will need to earn this. If we trade for him now we get to test him for a year.

So let me ask you this. If we do nothing to our defense. We resign all our players and we draft a TE and a RT. The only difference to our defense is we get Revis. And lets say at the end of next year our defense finishes top5 against the run and top 10 against the pass. Is Revis worth the 16 million per year?

That was purely hypothetical. The bottom line is, if we trade a 3rd round pick for Revis and don't offer a new contract till the end of the year, what must he do to be worth his request? Or is anyone even worth that request?

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast