Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Buccaneers acquire Darrelle Revis

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8875093

Just saw on ESPN that the Jets are looking to trade him. We are paper thin in the secondary. How would you feel about Revis being a Buc and what would/should we give up?
    Last edited by Capital T; 01-24-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    3rd and 5th? Lmaoooooo bro that's like what Dallas gave for Roy Williams
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    SI's Peter King says the Jets would "at least" want a first-round pick in exchange for Darrelle Revis.
    Although trading Revis makes a lot of sense for the rebuilding Jets, it's going to take some creativity. Not only would a team have to give up a first-round pick for a player rehabbing an ACL tear, they'd also likely want a long-term commitment from Revis that extends beyond his 2013 contract year. And doing a deal like that won't be cheap. As King says, "good luck with that." Aside from Revis' elite skill set when healthy, one aspect of a potential trade is his affordable $6 million in 2013 scheduled pay. So perhaps a team would deal for Revis on his current contract rather than requiring an extension up front.
    Source: Peter King on Twitter Jan 24 - 9:27 AM
    you done
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Not going to give up a 1st for him. Id take my chances on drafting a cb, and signing a vet.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    It was just a thought cause his stock will drop!

vCash
    In a dream world it’s a great idea, an idea I would love to see on the field…..I mean skill set wise VS needs of the team it is a perfect match but this is the NFL and the reality is it's pretty mush unattainable and here is why First off, Jets will want a high pick and I am doubtful our FO would give up a number 1... So let’s pretend we get into a deal sending RB 2 Blount (I know he is UFA but lets go with it) and some other picks to NYJ. <---- I’m doubtful of this whole scenario right now because frankly Dom won’t do it he covets draft picks….. Any ways, NYJ gets a bunch of loot, we get Revis. Sooooo…. now, he is coming off an ACL tear and lets be honest most people don’t rehab that injury like AP did but lets pretend he does. /IF/ all this happened (most of which I am highly skeptical of), we still need to deal with the issue of his future salary. Revis is on record as basically wanting to be paid like the top tier 1 CB. Could we afforded that yeah sure we can right now, but the important question is should we pay it? The obvious answer is probably not given his 27 year old age and seriously injured Knee. Our money is likely better spent by resigning Mike Williams, Josh Freeman and several free agents plus drafting 1-2 high prospect CB’s who have to play for us for the next 3-6 years on rookie contracts.
    Last edited by hammy44; 01-24-2013 at 12:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital T View Post
    It was just a thought cause his stock will drop!
    Were going to have to play the waiting game on this one. Wait for that price tag to come down. If no teams take the bate right away Mark-O may be able to work his magic, and steal him away from them for a reasonable price.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    if our team looks at him and think he will be okay coming off the injury
    if he is willing to committ long term and not hold-out like he did a couple times
    if the price isnt too high

if all those things are good, then its obvious we do it, if one piece doesnt fit i say np

We Want Winston

vCash
    Something has to give with this deal. No one is going to give up a 1st rd pick for a 9 million dollar CB for 1 year(coming off acl surgery). They either have to sign and trade him, or ask for less. The main reason theyre doing this is bc theyre in cap trouble. I think if theyre still in trouble and they arent getting any interest they may lower thier asking price. If they just wanted a 2nd i would think about it, 3rd is a no brainer.

vCash
    Lmao, acquiring him means u own him 2seasons(tag yr 2), I'd trade our #13 pick in a heartbeat for him. Your the same ppl got iffy when the Jared Allen deal was near and cried all year about a secondary. Now a guy who can cut the field in half you wanna act silly over a damn rookie pick? You kidding me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Lmao, acquiring him means u own him 2seasons(tag yr 2), I'd trade our #13 pick in a heartbeat for him. Your the same ppl got iffy when the Jared Allen deal was near and cried all year about a secondary. Now a guy who can cut the field in half you wanna act silly over a damn rookie pick? You kidding me?
    he has to sign a long term deal and not continue his streak of BS holdouts otherwise you dont need that around this team....if hes willing to sign long term and not hold out, and his knee is good then hes prob worth a 1st

We Want Winston

vCash
    It could potentially be one of the greatest moves ever to give up a 1st for him and resign him. But he has a track record of holding out so you may only get him for a year. He may also be coming back slightly less than what hes been. That's why i said if you can cut either one of those(long term deal or 1st round pick) away its a definate no brainer. We could draft a guy whos just as good(pending his rehab) for way cheaper and be a franchise CB. Like bwall said there are too many factors right now.

vCash
    Yes a thousand times! He's worth taking a chance on. We're talking about one of the most effective corners to ever step on a football field, that Revis island thing is real which is why no one questions it. Also, we need not worry about whether he'll sign with us, our franchise is a great environment and players love it here, he'd resign. I hope Dom is all over this

vCash
    I want Revis here, but when I think about it grimes from atl and cromartie from the jets will be available if I'm not mistaken, and a Hell of a lot cheaper. Should we go after 2 nice cb's and potentially pay them 6-7 a piece or go after Revis and next year pay him 11-12, don't act like 11-12 mill is silly because he's gonna want to boost from that 8-9 he's making?

vCash
    you dont want cromartie bro, hes one of the most overrated corners in the league and a penalty machine, penalties will continue getting worse as he ages and loses a step

We Want Winston

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast