Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,702
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    I'm glad to hear that everyone is excited about seeing what this guy can do.

    Herm Edwards, who knows this guy very well from their Tampa Bay, and Chiefs, time together - has always maintained that he is a "FOOTBALL GUY FIRST," and his entry into the NFL was in scouting and developing personnel with the Bucs.

    Just because he's really smart, and had a post-graduate degree in Mathematics, and was slinging a six-figure income for IBM (this was in the late 80's when 6-figures was BIG!) - and gave it all up to make his life all about football, and took a Graduate Student Assistants salary (teeny-tiny-essentail bread and cheese-whiz salary) to be an assistant coach at Duke!

    That says more to me than anything. This is a guy that loves football - and gave up the fast-trac IBM Career, retire @ 55 with 1 million+ in your 401 K - and went and did what he loves. The fact that he has risen to this height speaks volumes about this man's talents, and dreams.

    I LOVED THIS PICK FROM THE BEGINNING - because - face-it - We are a team that needs tons of help with salary management, ditributiuon, and personnel, while rebuilding this team. He has the best of both worlds - AND THE THING I LIKE BEST IS - THE "CIRCUS STOPS HERE," even though the NY Media is going to continue to take all it swipes because - they don't want to give up this easy living of abusing the Jets - BUT John Idzik is too smart to play their game!

    He will keep REX in check - which by the way is going to be very hard for our Media, turned "Reality TV-easy rider-Jerry Springer mentality," to give up - especially for Manish, who keeps taking his swipes, even though there are real things to report on - he completely fudged the details of REX's red mustang story - he was issued a warning - not a citation, and he didn't roar through the red light. I've read the policy blotter - has Manish?

    Sorry - what I mean to say is - I think we are going to do things the right way, and do them well, although time will tell. Idzik is smarter than the media, smarter than REX, smarter than Woody - and he already served notice to the NY Media that he won't play into their BS games - I LOVE IT.

    Although time will tell.

    GO JETS!!!

    You were right on the money in your earlier post about Idzik and it got me excited. All we heard from the "media" was that this was Tanny 2.0 and if any of these hacks actually did their job with some fact checking they would've seen that this is a football guy down to the ****ing MARROW. Between his press conference and another great post by you, I'm now REALLY excited about our team and future. This guy is going to make his legacy here with the New York Jets and I swear we'll be a top tier team very soon. **** YEAH, NOW I'M PUMPED UP!!!!! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,271
    vCash
    1500
    Loved how he emphasized the draft, tells me the Jets might be active players to either accumulate or get the player they want, but not over reach for them.

    Where are all the people that questioned his scouting prowess?


  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    96
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Loved how he emphasized the draft, tells me the Jets might be active players to either accumulate or get the player they want, but not over reach for them.

    Where are all the people that questioned his scouting prowess?
    Anyone listen to what Fatscessa had to say. The man pretty much degraded the press conference. Kept saying what is the vision of the team. Does anyone remember any GM when they were hired talking about a vision. The press conferences are more or less what they will evaluate the team, etc, etc. Fat man is just bitter that the Jets wont talk to him, yet Boomer and Carton as well as Joe and Evan can get Jets to talk to them.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,209
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

    Woody JOhnson on Idzik: "It was apparent to us hat he was head and shoulders the best fit for the NY Jets/" #nyj
    Is head and shoulders a Johnson and Johnson product?

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,209
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Francesa loves him.
    You know I work from home and am watching him more...actually starting to like him...

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,209
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-SJETS3x View Post
    You were right on the money in your earlier post about Idzik and it got me excited. All we heard from the "media" was that this was Tanny 2.0 and if any of these hacks actually did their job with some fact checking they would've seen that this is a football guy down to the ****ing MARROW. Between his press conference and another great post by you, I'm now REALLY excited about our team and future. This guy is going to make his legacy here with the New York Jets and I swear we'll be a top tier team very soon. **** YEAH, NOW I'M PUMPED UP!!!!! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!
    Correction...most of the media and it shows how sheeple wok because most ruled this guy out once they heard such reports. There were mybe but 3 or 4 of us that were rooting for him.

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    You know I work from home and am watching him more...actually starting to like him...
    Ugh why. On top of being annoying and predictable based on his biases and favorites he is sooo freaking boring.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Ugh why. On top of being annoying and predictable based on his biases and favorites he is sooo freaking boring.
    If you listen to all his answers, they are very smart replies.

    He actual gave answers which screws the media.

    Guys i'm excited to see a gm interested in constant upgrades in rosters. I Like IZdij


    PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,209
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Ugh why. On top of being annoying and predictable based on his biases and favorites he is sooo freaking boring.
    I like his trivia, and he does know a lot about the game.
    I do think he is a dick, and he is biased, but who isnt? To say you dont like someone because their biased likely means you are biased and they just disagree with you...

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,209
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LwNyjets88 View Post
    If you listen to all his answers, they are very smart replies.

    He actual gave answers which screws the media.

    Guys i'm excited to see a gm interested in constant upgrades in rosters. I Like IZdij
    He was talking about Francesca, not Idzik

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    I like his trivia, and he does know a lot about the game.
    I do think he is a dick, and he is biased, but who isnt? To say you dont like someone because their biased likely means you are biased and they just disagree with you...
    He's not out to be everyone's pal which is necessary as a GM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,474
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    He's not out to be everyone's pal which is necessary as a GM.
    I think they're still talking about Fat MIke.

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    836
    vCash
    1500
    As little confidance I took away from watching this painful press conference i came away thinking 3 things:

    1. Hes in over his head at the GM position (even thought he has an extensive background; doesnt mean hes right for General Manager. I saw no passion. He just gave a speech you would think he was taking over a playoff team only a few players away from the super bowl. THIS TEAM SUCKS and he talked like everything on this team was great and the people are ALL AMAZING.. wtf this team is terrible.)

    2. Woody hired as Yes Man to agree with him and Rex on everything.

    On the hiring process:
    3. I feel overall, Jon Hughes and the group that hired him may have picked him because he was good at avoiding ******** reporters questiong by simply saying "i dont talk about perception". But thats not going to hold up when he has to answer certain questions.

    At the end of the day we can sit here and say this and that. All i care about are his decisions. If he can turn this team around, we cant complain about how he does it. All IM saying is that I have a bad gut feeling about this guy; but i certainly am rooting for him.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,271
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    Anyone listen to what Fatscessa had to say. The man pretty much degraded the press conference. Kept saying what is the vision of the team. Does anyone remember any GM when they were hired talking about a vision. The press conferences are more or less what they will evaluate the team, etc, etc. Fat man is just bitter that the Jets wont talk to him, yet Boomer and Carton as well as Joe and Evan can get Jets to talk to them.
    Francessa is a douche, all he does is bash anything that's not giants.


  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,271
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    I like his trivia, and he does know a lot about the game.
    I do think he is a dick, and he is biased, but who isnt? To say you dont like someone because their biased likely means you are biased and they just disagree with you...
    Not necessarily true, you can like whatever team you want and still accept valid opinions on other teams.

    francessa just doesn't like anything Jets related.

    When was the last time you heard him say anything that wasn't negative about the franchise?


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •