Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    to me hes a pure PG to a fault all he is ever looking to do is distribute the ball get scores for his teammates, he makes extra passes when he has open shots, at his age he may never loose that tunnel vision, even when woody got on him and you could see him trying to be aggressive you could still see hesitation in his game when he sees the floor nothing he sees is a shot for himself

he has ADD he can never concentrate on scoring hes always looking for a play for the guy out the corner of his eye
    You know what? I think you may be right. I thought he was more of a shooter in Europe but I just looked at his stats. He was a career 9.7ppg scorer in Europe as well. I guess I had a wrong impression of him when he was signed. I like guys that are unselfish and willing to pass. I just thought he was more of a shooter as well.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    You know what? I think you may be right. I thought he was more of a shooter in Europe but I just looked at his stats. He was a career 9.7ppg scorer in Europe as well. I guess I had a wrong impression of him when he was signed. I like guys that are unselfish and willing to pass. I just thought he was more of a shooter as well.
    He can shoot if he does so in rhythm and looks for it etc

typical crap

just at this stage in his career its not happening

hes a great 3rd string if we are healthy

I love Priggy Smalls when his role is defined not expanded as it is now

vCash
    I am agreeing but Small ball is the trend in the league, who starts doesn't effect our rebounding vs him not playing period

KT needs time, starting or not doesn't matter he needs to be in their until are bigs come back or we get a Kenyon type player

We weren't ever a good rebounding team at any stage this season

Id really like to Gauge Cambys influence but his in and out skews this a bit
    Im ok with playing small in spurts but the knicks try to do it all game long! And that's one of the main things hurting our defense. We double way to much when we don't need to as a result leaving people wide open for three's. That game against the nets at the end with jr guarding joe and its been going on all season long, woody is supposed to be a defensive coach then he has to see that small ball is effecting our defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKINFL View Post
    Im ok with playing small in spurts but the knicks try to do it all game long! And that's one of the main things hurting our defense. We double way to much when we don't need to as a result leaving people wide open for three's. That game against the nets at the end with jr guarding joe and its been going on all season long, woody is supposed to be a defensive coach then he has to see that small ball is effecting our defense.
    doubling and switching is whats frustrating not the lineup

Woody subs are on my kill list currently

We do the same dumb **** no matter whose in the game

vCash
    doubling and switching is whats frustrating not the lineup

Woody subs are on my kill list currently

We do the same dumb **** no matter whose in the game
    I agree 100% and the buck stops at woody, doubling and mismatches that come from switching is killing us and the thing is its something that can be fixed if woody would adjust.

vCash
    This needs to be done. Kidd can not start and get big minutes all season or he will fall apart by the time the playoffs start. By having him come off the bench you can let him rest longer if we get off to a fast start.

But there is a much more important reason. We NEED Chandler Amar'e Melo and Felton to get as much time together as we can. I would throw Shump into that mix but he belongs in the other group of guys that might be in there at the end of games with the other four. But on a game to game basis that 5 guy might be Shump Shump, JR Swish, or the Kidd. And I am more then fine with that.

But we still need our 4 definites to get used to playing together because it will matter at the end of games.
    Chandler/Amare/Melo/?/Felton is our close out team and should be starters. (I also think Shumpert will start.)

vCash
    Wasn't that the plan originally ? I like Kidd off the bench to come in with JR and calm everything down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    This needs to be done. Kidd can not start and get big minutes all season or he will fall apart by the time the playoffs start. By having him come off the bench you can let him rest longer if we get off to a fast start.

But there is a much more important reason. We NEED Chandler Amar'e Melo and Felton to get as much time together as we can. I would throw Shump into that mix but he belongs in the other group of guys that might be in there at the end of games with the other four. But on a game to game basis that 5 guy might be Shump Shump, JR Swish, or the Kidd. And I am more then fine with that.

But we still need our 4 definites to get used to playing together because it will matter at the end of games.
    Chandler/Amare/Melo/?/Felton is our close out team and should be starters. (I also think Shumpert will start.)
    You're 100% correct if we want too do anything real this playoff season those four have play together and close out games. If we think that we could continue down a another path then come playoff time we're doomed, those four must play with each other!

vCash
    Like I said in the lineup thread. I think the starting lineup for those first 5 minutes until JR subs in for Kidd, may miss Kidd's 3pt shooting. And I think playing next to Melo and Felton/Chandler pick and roll gives him open opportunities that he may not get off the bench.

Kidd can start and still not play more than 20-25 minutes, even 15 in some situations. Kidd and Shump can guard SFs.... I mean better one of them than Copeland or Novak right? But Shumpert starting is a no brainer, hopefully he picks it up offensively

vCash
    I don't see how you can keep throwing Melo out there at the 4 when we are getting killed at the boards. I know that he is the best when scoring from that position but it hurts us defensively and with regards to rebounds. If he is a superstar then he should be able to thrive at the 3 and that's where he should be. But if Stat plays the 4 then we still have the spacing issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I don't see how you can keep throwing Melo out there at the 4 when we are getting killed at the boards. I know that he is the best when scoring from that position but it hurts us defensively and with regards to rebounds. If he is a superstar then he should be able to thrive at the 3 and that's where he should be. But if Stat plays the 4 then we still have the spacing issue.
    Is it really Melo the prob with the small ball 4?

M. Jordan is not walking through the front door bro

post a common sense post that makes me think, not one that makes me think you're the troll everyone else forces on me..

Do you actually think Melo at the 4 is the reason our boarding is suspect?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdesign13 View Post
    Felton/Shump/Melo/Amare/Chandler
    Kidd/JR/Novak/Wallace/Camby
    Let's get it on!
    This is the perfect lineup!
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

A small town called nunya god damn bidness
    vCash
    I like this as our first unit...

Ray
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Sheed
    Ty

2nd unit...

Kidd
    JR
    Novak
    Amar'e
    Camby

vCash
    I hope Kidd gets less minutes on the floor so that he can rest, and that he's only on the floor when it's really necessary.

He and Felton are EXTREMELY valuable to this team's success. The only time they should "overplay" is during the playoffs.

vCash
    When Ray is back hopefully we can win while giving Kidd a slew of 10-15 mpg outings.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast