Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You could argue they even got worse. Pierre was a nice player for them and the two Young's are useless.
    Yep it reminds a lot of what the Mets were doing in 2009 right before the whole thing collapsed.

Acquiring older expensive players like Michael Young and trying to piece it together with the Juan Cruzs and Delmon Youngs of the world.

vCash
    No worries, Collins plans on using Lutz and Turner in the outfield during ST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Aside from Revere, everyone else the Phillies acquired are not very good.

That's a sinking ship.

The Phillies will be better than we are this year but they are getting old quick and have no farm system.
    Point is, they did not stand still. They added several major leaguers and gave themselves some flexibility. Yes, they probably did improve a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    Point is, they did not stand still. They added several major leaguers and gave themselves some flexibility. Yes, they probably did improve a bit.
    Signing minor leaguers with upside is probably better than acquiring bad major leaguers.

vCash
    Signing minor leaguers with upside is probably better than acquiring bad major leaguers.
    I'm not saying you're wrong about that, Stuna. What I's saying is that the Phillies are committed to winning all the time.

We're rebuilding…they're built to win and keep moving to strengthen their team. We say we'll be good in a few years, but their fans know the Phillies will do what is necessary to remain as good as they are now.. Same with the Braves.

I think the Phillies have some contracts that will make it difficult for them in the future. I also think they'll figure a way to stay competitive. We'll be waiting for AA players to mature.

vCash
    I'm not saying you're wrong about that, Stuna. What I's saying is that the Phillies are committed to winning all the time.

We're rebuilding…they're built to win and keep moving to strengthen their team. We say we'll be good in a few years, but their fans know the Phillies will do what is necessary to remain as good as they are now.. Same with the Braves.

I think the Phillies have some contracts that will make it difficult for them in the future. I also think they'll figure a way to stay competitive. We'll be waiting for AA players to mature.
    Phillies are on the decline. They are clearly the 3rd best team in the division still and Ruiz was suspended for PEDs.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash

And, it's so obvious too.

If We Can't Get Tulo Then Sign This Free Agent For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Phillies are on the decline. They are clearly the 3rd best team in the division still and Ruiz was suspended for PEDs.
    They have a legitimate shot at one of the wild cards and, if they are close, they will make a move to improve themselves.

Would we do that????

Which team would you rather watch this year????

vCash
    The Phils and especially the Braves have been run like a well-oiled machine for several years now. We haven't been that way since a solid run from '84- '90.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

vCash
    They have a legitimate shot at one of the wild cards and, if they are close, they will make a move to improve themselves.

Would we do that????

Which team would you rather watch this year????
    Perhaps, but they've decimated their farm system over the years with all these moves.

When we were close, we made moves too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    The Phils and especially the Braves have been run like a well-oiled machine for several years now. We haven't been that way since a solid run from '84- '90.
    The Phillies aren't really much better run than the Mets, but unlike the Mets, they sell out every game which helps.

vCash
    Most of our minor leaguers just have backsides.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    The Phillies aren't really much better run than the Mets, but unlike the Mets, they sell out every game which helps.
    But, they've recently won a World Series, lost a WS, lost two LDS's and lost one NLCS from 2007-11, but have been winning consistently with no less than 86 wins since 2003.

I wish we could have said that about our Metsies.....

Mets Dieharder Since '63

vCash
    Come on Stuna. You can't compare the success rates of both teams and then tell us with a straight face one team isn't run any better than the other. If the Mets were anywhere close to as successful as the Phils, we'd be selling out too.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Come on Stuna. You can't compare the success rates of both teams and then tell us with a straight face one team isn't run any better than the other. If the Mets were anywhere close to as successful as the Phils, we'd be selling out too.
    They've won 2 WS in more than 100 years. We've won 2 WS in 50 years.

They have a more loyal fanbase than we do, even if they weren't playing as well they'd still draw more than we do imo.

They've made a lot of questionable and desperate decisions in the past few years while they've gotten older and worse. Instead of rebuilding, they continue to trade away their young pieces for older veterans that will not put them over the top.

The Mets have a brighter future in the next 10 years than the Phillies do, just watch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast