Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Ok, that's fine I agree, but don't you think a winning major league team to come on to would help players development too? If they're used to winning in the minors they need to continue that at MLB level.

I can see how y'all think about rebuilding, but losing achieves absolutely nothing, and it probably hurts players. Winning is not a tap you can turn on just because the calendar changes.

Tossing years away sends a terrible message to young players and losing knaws at individual confidence which leads to pressing, we have all seen what pressing did to DW...

Nicely put Marty!!!

I've content the attitude is part of the environment. If we are taught to win in the minors the mood should flow up the line. It also would help in keeping buts in the stands and keeping our minor league teams in good locations, instead of being kicked to Las Vegas. Winning breathes a can't lose metality which might extend past the All-Star break or 7th inning for a club like the Mets. My example would be the Mets in 2nd half of the season or Marlins 2nd half crappy attitude on last year.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    This sucks, they have an excellent out field now.

vCash
    Nothing the Mets could have done to match that deal without gutting whatever foundation of young talent they have assembled.

Onward and upward (I hope).
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    All the Braves have to do now is sign Kate Upton for the trifecta.

vCash
    Well this isn't good. But what else is new.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyroos View Post
    All the Braves have to do now is sign Kate Upton for the trifecta.
    Even if you put Kate at one of the corners, that outfield might still have a higher WAR than ours next season.

vCash
    They overpaid for both Upton brothers, but the talent is there and you can't deny that. I am intrigued to see how they work out for Atlanta.

For whatever reason I think they'll struggle... I dunno why.

vCash
    Good, let them.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Steal for the Braves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Nicely put Marty!!!

I've content the attitude is part of the environment. If we are taught to win in the minors the mood should flow up the line. It also would help in keeping buts in the stands and keeping our minor league teams in good locations, instead of being kicked to Las Vegas. Winning breathes a can't lose metality which might extend past the All-Star break or 7th inning for a club like the Mets. My example would be the Mets in 2nd half of the season or Marlins 2nd half crappy attitude on last year.

Thank you. It is very hard to shift the stink of losing from pro sports franchises, it's no use sticking your head in the sand and telling yourself 'By golly, they all better watching out in 3 years'.

Crazy.

vCash
    Here's the one point everyone is missing…

The Nationals, Phillies, and Braves all had needs and they went out an filled them for the coming season. All three of those teams were better than us last year and made themselves stronger.

We have numerous needs and have done nothing that will improve this team for 2013. All we signed was scrubs. I'm not even sure we can finish ahead of the Marlins.

We're the Sham Wows of the NL East.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post

The Nationals, Phillies, and Braves all had needs and they went out an filled them for the coming season. All three of those teams were better than us last year and made themselves stronger.

We have numerous needs and have done nothing that will improve this team for 2013. All we signed was scrubs. I'm not even sure we can finish ahead of the Marlins.

Bingo, Philly isn't waiting until some far off point in the middle distance that no-one quite knows what or where it is, it is rebuilding on the fly, and we can do the same, we have dumped almost all the bad deals. Why wait?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post

Did the Phillies really get that much better?

vCash
    Aside from Revere, everyone else the Phillies acquired are not very good.

That's a sinking ship.

The Phillies will be better than we are this year but they are getting old quick and have no farm system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Aside from Revere, everyone else the Phillies acquired are not very good.

That's a sinking ship.

The Phillies will be better than we are this year but they are getting old quick and have no farm system.
    You could argue they even got worse. Pierre was a nice player for them and the two Young's are useless.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast