Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Upton to the Braves

http://metsblog.com/metsblog/braves-...-from-d-backs/
    The Braves have acquired D-Backs OF Justin Upton, according to the following reports.

The deal would team up Upton with his brother, B.J. Upton, as well as Jason Heyward, in Atlanta’s outfield.
    Ridiculous. All 3 starting outfielders for the Braves are better than any single outfielder on our roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/braves-...-from-d-backs/

Ridiculous. All 3 starting outfielders for the Braves are better than any single outfielder on our roster.
    So?

Who would you have given up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    So?
    So? We root for this team. If you don't understand why this is a problem, for a division rival to have 3 outfielders that are better than any of our outfielders, then I don't know what to tell you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    So? We root for this team. If you don't understand why this is a problem, for a division rival to have 3 outfielders that are better than any of our outfielders, then I don't know what to tell you.
    I root for the entire Mets organization, not just the major league team. You can't focus on what other teams are doing, especially when rebuilding.

vCash
    It wasn't a steal for the Braves either.

Prado almost tripled Upton's rWAR this year and like YS mentioned his offense will improve playing in Chase Field.

Delgado has middle of the rotation upside too..

The Mets don't have a position player of Prado's value so it would have taken more specs to have gotten the deal done for us.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-24-2013 at 10:44 AM.

vCash
    I root for the entire Mets organization, not just the major league team. You can't focus on what other teams are doing, especially when rebuilding.
    I generally agree with what you're saying, but Upton's only 25

Not saying the Mets should have traded for him, but I really was hoping he'd get traded elsewhere

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    I generally agree with what you're saying, but Upton's only 25

Not saying the Mets should have traded for him, but I really was hoping he'd get traded elsewhere
    Obviously I'm not happy he's on the Braves, but it's only for the next 3 years and there is no guarantee that he will be re-signed. He might take a discount to play with his bro, but who knows?

All three of those guys have a ton of talent, but lets see if their talent translates into production. BJ's overrated and lets see if Heyward and Justin can be consistent. Prado was a quality player too and they don't have Chipper anymore.

In fact, you could argue that the Braves were better off with Prado and Bourn, than BJ and Justin. Their difference in WAR values were very large in 2012.

vCash

So what's your ultimate goal as fan? a great farm system, or the WS?

I couldn't care less if the minor league teams are awful, if they lose heavily, if they produce players for the major league team that's all I care about.

Not sure what rooting for the entire org. gets us.

On Upton I noticed a comment you made on JU, now he's a Brave you're saying he many not be consistent? you were sure he was set for superstardom while the Mets were sniffing round. Can't have it both ways.

Consistency bro...
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 01-24-2013 at 10:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    So what's your ultimate goal as fan? a great farm system, or the WS?

I couldn't care less if the minor league teams are awful, if they lose heavily, if they produce players for the major league team that's all I care about.
    Both. A great farm system makes it much easier to win a WS because trades could be made from that depth.

A winning minor league system promotes a winning attitude throughout the organization, young players need to learn how to win as well. Obviously developing the talent is more important, but it does matter.

Trading Wheeler + for Upton makes no sense for the Mets right now.

vCash
    At the end of the day it was gonna cost Wheeler plus, no-one wanted to do that, so we'll see. He's gone to a top flight org. so I can see him doing real well there, probably better than he would have here, and he has the comfort level with BJ already there.

I said all along I preferred Bourn, and It MAY just happen. Yes JU IS better, but not 3-4 more prospects better, if we take Bourn off them, it evens it up a little. Obv. now Bourn is gone.

I'm not giving up Wheeler for anyone not named Trout and who else wanted too?

vCash
    Nice pickup for the Braves, but they are more in a win now mode then we are. It eliminates one more team from Bourne. If MLB grants us our exemption for our pick, we might see the former Brave playing center. Our team couldn't afford to give up a package of talent like that. Way too many holes on our team to fill, its quality vs quantity.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Both. A great farm system makes it much easier to win a WS because trades could be made from that depth.

A winning minor league system promotes a winning attitude throughout the organization, young players need to learn how to win as well. Obviously developing the talent is more important, but it does matter.

Trading Wheeler + for Upton makes no sense for the Mets right now.
    Ok, that's fine I agree, but don't you think a winning major league team to come on to would help players development too? If they're used to winning in the minors they need to continue that at MLB level.

I can see how y'all think about rebuilding, but losing achieves absolutely nothing, and it probably hurts players. Winning is not a tap you can turn on just because the calendar changes.

Tossing years away sends a terrible message to young players and losing knaws at individual confidence which leads to pressing, we have all seen what pressing did to DW...

vCash
    All I know is that I can't wait to see Harvey and Wheeler blow away both Upton's.

vCash
    All I know is that I can't wait to see Harvey and Wheeler blow away both Upton's.
    Me too.

vCash
    Good for them. We gotta get Bourn now IMO. I actually think this could make the Braves better than the Nats all around. We'll see

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast