Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl

vCash

Senior Bowl

Senior Bowl talk.

Who stands out to you at the Senior Bowl?
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    My favorite stand-outs at the Senior bowl so far are:

LT Fisher
    WR #83 from KSU
    LB from UNC(?)

There were a couple nice moves, but none of the dline have stuck out to me so far.
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Yesterday, the Saints met with the following prospects:

Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
    Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
    Corey Grisson DT South Florida
    Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
    I love that we're meeting with QB prospects. I know it doesn't mean much but it's still good to know that we're keeping that back up role in mind. Never know what'll happen to Drew.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    NFL Network's Mike Mayock pointed to Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson as one player who capitalized on his Senior Bowl opportunity after a relatively disappointing senior season.

Mayock called Wilson perhaps the one quarterback generating the most "buzz" in Mobile this year. "We talked a little bit about Tyler Wilson's senior year, which was difficult, versus his junior year, which was superlative," Mayock said. "I think what we're seeing right now is that, given the opportunity to come out here with all that baggage gone, I think he's taken advantage of it. I think he's looked real good." It's a good sign that Wilson shined in live practices as a pure thrower of the ball. In-pocket toughness -- not tested in the Senior Bowl atmosphere -- is his most impressive trait.
    NFL Network's Mike Mayock called Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson a "first-round talent" after an impressive week of Senior Bowl practices.

"He is 6'6", he is over 300 pounds," Mayock said of Landry Jones' blind-side protector. "He is a former quarterback and tight end. Hes got natural movement skills. He is a guy at 20 that could be sitting there and I think a lot of people thought he was a second- or third-round guy. From what I have seen on tape, I think he is too pretty with his movement skills to get past there."
    NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline passes along word that Mississippi State CB Darius Slay is "flying up draft boards."

Pauline heard from "a number of scouts" at the Senior Bowl that they were disappointed Slay wasn't invited to Mobile. After transferring from JUCO, Slay spent his junior season with the Bulldogs as a nickel back and special teamer. He broke out as a senior starter opposite more heralded Johnthan Banks, leading Mississippi State with five interceptions and returning one to the house. Slay is a player to watch during next month's Scouting Combine.
    NFL scouts are reportedly universally branding Washington CB Desmond Trufant a "lock first-round pick."

Built like older brother Marcus, Desmond measured 5-foot-11 1/8 and 190 pounds in Mobile before turning in a stellar week of practices. A 47-game starter at Washington, Trufant recorded just six career interceptions but was an impact cover corner on a bad Huskies defense. He appears to be competing with Mississippi State's Johnthan Banks to be the No. 2 cornerback drafted behind Dee Milliner.

NFL Network's Mike Mayock called Central Michigan LT Eric Fisher "the most obvious example" of a player who improved his draft stock during Senior Bowl week practices.

"The buzz on the way in was, this is a guy who'll go late-first round," Mayock said. "I think he's a first-round left tackle. Eric Fisher, to me, 6-foot-7, over 300 pounds. He moves easily. ... Has feet to recover and drive. What I liked even more, he's a more aggressive kid than you think. Physical, tough, great movement skills." Fisher may be emerging as a top-ten draft pick.
    Florida junior DT Sharrif Floyd is "generating a ton of buzz" in the scouting community, according to the NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah.

Jeremiah spoke with one high ranking NFL exec who guaranteed Floyd would be a top-10 pick. The Florida product is an absolute ox and should be mentioned with the likes of Star Lotulelei and Sheldon Richardson. Teams could be interested in Floyd as a five technique end since he spent some time there in college, as well.
    The NFL Network's Buck Brooks says NFL scouts are "raving" about Purdue DT Kawann Short's "potential as a three-technique in a one-gap scheme."

Brooks says Short has "rare lateral quickness for a pass rusher his size" but his "energy and effort aren't always running at high levels." The Purdue reminds us of Jerel Worthy in that he needs to win early to show his dominance in one on one situations, although the two succeed off the snap differently.
    All via Rotoworld.com... Love the Mike Mayock and Tony Pauline quotes, both really know what they're talking about
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    I really like the Senior Bowl for this reason...you can actually give the scouts more film to study.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

Awesome info.. Where do you find that stuff out?
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not at the Senior Bowl this time around, so I'm getting my info from Draft guys/scouts/media members (who are there watching practices and the sidelines) via Twitter

vCash

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
    Wilson.......Saints never cease to amaze me. But I guess its just talk but if you meet with a player at a Senior Bowl does it mean anything?? I wonder if theres a correlation OR if Teams are using the meeting to not show their hand for who they really want.
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 01-24-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    OK I'm gonna spill the beans NEO is Trueinsider69.......sorry NEO I'm bad at keeping secrets.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    I love that we're meeting with QB prospects. I know it doesn't mean much but it's still good to know that we're keeping that back up role in mind. Never know what'll happen to Drew.
    Agreed. I love Chase as a 3rd QB the guy is passionate about learning from Drew and he is a decent QB but I just can't see him as the future. Drew Brees is special. But I'm not for back to back 6' QBs
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Wilson.......Saints never cease to amaze me. But I guess its just talk but if you meet with a player at a Senior Bowl does it mean anything?? I wonder if theres a correlation OR if Teams are using the meeting to not show their hand for who they really want.
    Generally what happens is that every team meets with a ton of the players. But, those meetings are introductions and sometimes (if the initial talk doesn't draw any red flags) set ups for longer interviews either at night or later on in the process. The long interviews are generally with guys the team likes a lot.

vCash
    OK I'm gonna spill the beans NEO is Trueinsider69.......sorry NEO I'm bad at keeping secrets.
    and here I trusted you

vCash
    Ok, so here's a comprehensive list of prospects who the Saints interviewed at both the Senior Bowl and the East-West Shrine Game:

Josh Boyd, DL, Mississippi State (EW)
    Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall (SR)
    Tyrone Goard, WR, Eastern Kentucky (EW)
    Zaviar Gooden, LB, Missouri (SR)
    Corey Grissom, DL, South Florida (SR)
    Demontre Hurst, CB, Oklahoma (EW)
    Zach Line, RB, SMU (EW)
    TJ McDonald, DB, USC (SR)
    Bradley McDougald, S, Kansas (EW)
    Leon McFadden, DB, San Diego State (SR)
    Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon (SR)
    Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M (EW)
    Chris Pantale, TE, Boston College (EW)
    Trent Steelman, WR, Army (EW)
    Cooper Taylor, S, Richmond (EW)
    Chase Thomas, LB, Stanford (SR)
    Brandon Williams, DL, Missouri Southern (SR)
    Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor (SR)
    Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas (SR)

vCash
    OLB- Chase Thomas is a really good 3-4 run stuffer type LBer. He would fit perfectly in the Saints scheme
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast