Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 361
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,631
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    ^ HAHA. Your posts are comical MC! 3 years of a player is not a rental.

    Upton was a 5.7 WAR player in 2011 and with an injured wrist for most of 2012 was still a 2.1 WAR. He will make 9.75 million this year. And 3 years has never been considered a rental by anyone, except apparently you. And with his brother here for 5 years, he may just want to stay.....

    Prado was a 1.8 WAR in 2011 and a 5.4 WAR in 2012. He is ACTUALLY a rental as he is in his 3rd arb. year and will be 30 when he signs a new FA deal.

    Many hear loved Prado, myself included, but to say that this make no sense, well, makes no sense. ATL also picked up another 3B to either platoon or challenge Francisco. I don't see how this move created any holes or left ATL worse off. Plus ATL still has money to look at extensions for any of Medlen, Heyward, Kimbrel, or Freeman.
    Agreed +3

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kris Medlen's Bed
    Posts
    10,341
    vCash
    1500
    Our OF consists of 2 former #2 prospects and a former #1 prospect


    The Cult of Gattis

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    317
    vCash
    1500
    if prado wanted to stay he would have resigned with the braves however he turned down the offer from what i have heard and braves and prado would not have been fighting over 400k in arbitration that something you do with a player your not keeping. prado in arizona will be a full time 2B and until uggla is gone you can forget about prado

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    when you cant make a valid comment you stuff like that....
    Ok little guy. Mind explaining me how 3 years is a rental? Also, mind explaining how he definitely want to leave his brother to play elsewhere?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    when you cant make a valid comment you stuff like that....
    Also little guy, if you truly a "diehard Braves' fan" then why are you so negative?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    317
    vCash
    1500
    i still think there is one more trade to be made because evan gattis is still blocked unless he moves back to catcher and this team need a utility player and backup for middle infield

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kris Medlen's Bed
    Posts
    10,341
    vCash
    1500
    The only position we don't have locked down for at least 3 years is 3rd and catcher


    The Cult of Gattis

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    381
    vCash
    1500
    we signed like 3 utility guys this offseason

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    317
    vCash
    1500
    i might be wrong but i think uggla bounces back this year because it seems like uggla is a player that can not hit when the pressure is on and now he will have far less pressure and could return to all star level

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    381
    vCash
    1500
    ok 2 utility guys with dewitt and pena

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wcg View Post
    i might be wrong but i think uggla bounces back this year because it seems like uggla is a player that can not hit when the pressure is on and now he will have far less pressure and could return to all star level
    I hope you're right. Also, hoping McCann becomes his old self with a healthier shoulder...

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,839
    vCash
    1500
    So, of our top 10 prospects according to baseball america we traded Zeke Spruill who is number 9. We got Upton for one year of Prado and our top 10 prospects remain almost untouchable. WIN.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,577
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Also little guy, if you truly a "diehard Braves' fan" then why are you so negative?
    you can address me as MCSJR2 or don't address me at all...if you don't like my post block me..if you want to debate then fine but respect my comments or don't respond...

    to answer your questions..I think its a rental because Upton doesn't come off as a player that will re-sign now and extend the contract...he also seems like a player that will test the freeagent market after the contract is up...why re-sign when he never has been on the market? so IMO the Braves could've re-signed Prado (who to me is more valueable) and had him for longer than Upton..plus hold on to Delgado

    once again if you disagree then explain your points and leave it be...don't address me as little guy or anything else other MCSJR2 because you don't know me and I don't know you...I've also given you respect..and I expect the same...and if you read forum rules it explains that point as well
    Last edited by MCSJR2; 01-24-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    317
    vCash
    1500
    was zeke spruill really a top ten prospect? I think he was to baseball america but i dont think braves scouts and frank wren ever viewed him like that instead ahmed was the much bigger prospect in the deal

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    25
    vCash
    1500
    MCSJR2, your whole argument is based on the Brave's ability to resign Prado. I haven't seen it, but others have posted that they were trying to resign him but were unable. If that's true, then your argument is moot. It sounds like Prado is the one wanting to test the FA market...and just because you think J Upton "seems like a player that will test the freeagent market" doesn't make it so. I'd need some evidence of that before I would believe he's not just entirely ecstatic to be playing with is brother at the moment.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •