Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GLASSMAN View Post
    Agree with the premise but this squad is light years ahead of any overall squad that we've fielded in several years. Choices will be easier to make when the level of talent is as consistent as this team should be.
    In theory, yes, but I'm basing this off track record. The #1 job of a manager/coach is still to put his people in the best position to succeed, with an eye on the bigger picture, and even in success Fredi hasn't always done that. For example, the Braves' bullpen has been elite and deeper than most for years, yet he still ran Venters out there until his arm nearly fell off while Medlen was barely used or relegated to long-relief.

If Mac needs to ease back into it having spent his entire offseason either under a knife or rehabbing, the pressure of hitting cleanup might not be the best move for anyone involved, no matter if the Braves are running away with the NLE. This fan base should just want Mac healthy in the final few months of the season because that's where we've missed his production.

vCash
    For example, the Braves' bullpen has been elite and deeper than most for years, yet he still ran Venters out there until his arm nearly fell off while Medlen was barely used or relegated to long-relief.
    A ton of one run games and Meds wasn't exactly healthy two years back. Fredi was much more efficient last season. Not as many close games and the staff stayed relatively healthy all season.

This fan base should just want Mac healthy in the final few months of the season because that's where we've missed his production
    That decision lies with both Fredi ad Mac. Fredi will monitor Mac's progress but the ultimate decision regarding readiness will be Mac's. Fredi will honor the veterans wishes most likely.
    Last edited by GLASSMAN; 01-30-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Gonna miss the Magician
    Just another tricky day for you.

vCash
    kinda off topic, but i like the job FW has done. He cant control what some players do when they get here, so i dnt blame him on those certain players. But just for kicks, lets look at some of the numbers of players the year before they become big league/acquired braves.

Uggla- .287/.369/.508 33 HRs 105 Rbi's
    Bj. Upton- .246/,298/.454 28 HRs 78 Rbi's
    Justin Upton- .280/.355/.430 17 HRs 67 Rbi'
    Alex Gonzalez- .259/.296/.497 17 HRs 50 rbi's (58 gms)
    Derrick Lee- .251/.335/.416 16 HRs 56 Rbi's

Hard to say that these players werent producing and playing at high levels when they were acquired. Also look at the players who he has brought in from the minors/draft.

Jason Heyward, Freddie Freeman, Kris Medlen, Brandon beachy, Andrelton Simmons, mike minor..etc

I applaud his job and i think he has put together a young, yet all star caliber lineup at every position. There will be hits and misses, but He has certainly done a good job at finding premium players for our team.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Well, that 4 year $40 million dollar extension w/ Arizona means Prado won't be back for a few years... if ever.

vCash
    yep, no prado for at least 4 years, maybe forever.

vCash
    The D-backs and Martin prado agreed to a 4yr/$40M deal...I don't know if the deal is frontloaded but it averages out to $10M a year...less than the $12M some of you said he asked for...we will end up paying Justin Upton over $14M per year year the next 2 years and more than likely will lose him after that (why wouldn't he want to test the market)...this is te reason I had a problem with this trade...we could've gotten Prado for a year longer than we will have Upton at a cheaper rate and probably more production...hope everything works out...I'm really hoping we can re-sign Upton now..

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/...s_ari&c_id=ari
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Its actually 3 years we still have Justin. The 14/year is after this year. Either way you look at it I still like this trade. If Upton is healthy his numbers will go way beyond the numbers Prado can put up. I loved Prado and was probably my favorite Brave the last few years, but I see the numbers and know Justin has much, much, more potential.

vCash
    right...I just hope we re-sign him now which wont make this so bad even if he has a subpar season...we can bank on him figuring out the issues and correct (sorta liek Heyward did)...Upton has more potential in that regard I just hope it works out and he doesn't bolt for pinstripes
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    The D-backs and Martin prado agreed to a 4yr/$40M deal...I don't know if the deal is frontloaded but it averages out to $10M a year...less than the $12M some of you said he asked for...we will end up paying Justin Upton over $14M per year year the next 2 years and more than likely will lose him after that (why wouldn't he want to test the market)...this is te reason I had a problem with this trade...we could've gotten Prado for a year longer than we will have Upton at a cheaper rate and probably more production...hope everything works out...I'm really hoping we can re-sign Upton now..

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/...s_ari&c_id=ari
    That's not really the whole story - even assuming he won his arbitration case, he was going to get $7 million this year from the Braves. Thus, in effect, this deal is the equivalent to Prado signing a 3 year $33 million deal next off-season. I like Prado a lot and I wish they could have done the deal without sending him away, but I think $11 million per season is too high of a price tag for a guy like Prado.

vCash
    I hope this doesn't turn into a thing where people make threads comparing Prado's stats vs Justin's stats throughout the season, or always praising one guy and not the other like I've seen in other team forums. I want and expect them both to kick *** with their new teams.

vCash
    Prado saved our butts on many occasions. He was always unselfish, and produced at a high level. While I do think Upton has much more potential, lets not try to justify anything by comparing numbers. I firmly believe prado deserves the 3/33 mil contract extension. If you wanna be great, have to make some sacrifices. I wish prado best of luck and health with the dbacks..

vCash
    Hopefully both players excell in their new environments. Looking forward to ST

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I hope this doesn't turn into a thing where people make threads comparing Prado's stats vs Justin's stats throughout the season, or always praising one guy and not the other like I've seen in other team forums. I want and expect them both to kick *** with their new teams.
    I'm not sure that's going to happen in here (unless there are folks who just don't like Wren) but you can bet your money that will occur in the main.

If Prado has a higher value in any defensive/offensive metric..we won't hear the end of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID
    I'm not sure that's going to happen in here (unless there are folks who just don't like Wren) but you can bet your money that will occur in the main.

If Prado has a higher value in any defensive/offensive metric..we won't hear the end of it.
    Yeah, most of the regulars in the main forum never admit when they are wrong about anything, so I don't care what happens in there. I was one of Prado's biggest defenders in here and want him to shine in AZ, but plenty of my favorite players have left my teams over the years and I still support whomever puts on that jersey (yes, even Fredi).

vCash
    I'm going to miss Prado also but I was sitting here thinking man one thing that drove me nuts about him was how many double plays he hit into so I did some research. Last year he was second in baseball with 19 GDPs, 8 of them ending an inning. Last 4 years Prado has GDP 17,13,16 and 19 times! We all know how much a killer that is. Justin Upton only GDP 7 times last year so Prado GDP more times with just runners in scoring position, not good.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast