Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Upton's defense should improve by going to LF. Prado played excellent defense in LF, but does anyone think he could do it in RF? Upton, on the other hand, played average to great defense in RF. His D is the last thing I'm worried about.

vCash
    ^ Isn't Prado playing 3B for ARI? And Justin's defense will be well above average in LF.

vCash
    Pretty sure I never said I was worried about his defense or anything like that, just that I was focused on it. Same with his brother. Hell, same with Freddie, who can scoop from the dirt as well as anyone but still needs to expand his range (if possible). Every athlete has areas of their game to work on -- it's the same as someone saying they want to see how Jason performs against LHP or BJ showing more plate discipline. I've complimented this coaching staff for helping other guys improve defensively, so I'm sure the Uptons will do the same. The only question is how much.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-28-2013 at 06:30 PM.

vCash
    Our outfield defense shouldn't drop off much from last year when it was probably tops in the majors. The infield defense may be a little more sticky but with Simmons at shortstop you have to think it will be roughly average.

vCash
    After seeing some clips from the J. Upton press conference, Fredi reiterated his apparent intention to hit McCann in the clean up spot. That would drop Freeman to sixth in the order. To me, that is lunacy. How McCann somehow deserves to hit higher in the order than Freeman after the last year and a half is totally beyond me. I'd love for McCann to come out of the gates blistering, but I'm not counting on it.... With McCann missing most of Spring Training and hoping to be ready by Opening Day, I don't see how he can hit his way into the 4th spot... I'm probably just overreacting for now, considering there are still 2 full months til Opening Day.... We shall see...
    Don't Stop the Chop!!!

http://bravesbanter.com

At BravesBanter.com NOW!!--Does Terry McGuirk comments signal David PRICE coming to Atlanta?? Chipper,Andruw,Sheffield vs Upton,Upton,Heyward --Who Wins??/2013 Season Projections for Many of the Braves Starting 8/ Grading GM Frank Wren/ Latest Rumors & Commentary/ Tips for Turner--What every fan SHOULD know when planning a trip to Turner Field!!

1991-2005 Greatest Run of Division Dominance in Professional Sports History

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Born a Brave View Post
    After seeing some clips from the J. Upton press conference, Fredi reiterated his apparent intention to hit McCann in the clean up spot. That would drop Freeman to sixth in the order. To me, that is lunacy. How McCann somehow deserves to hit higher in the order than Freeman after the last year and a half is totally beyond me. I'd love for McCann to come out of the gates blistering, but I'm not counting on it.... With McCann missing most of Spring Training and hoping to be ready by Opening Day, I don't see how he can hit his way into the 4th spot... I'm probably just overreacting for now, considering there are still 2 full months til Opening Day.... We shall see...
    I don't like it either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Born a Brave View Post
    How McCann somehow deserves to hit higher in the order than Freeman after the last year and a half is totally beyond me.... We shall see...
    Damn the politics
    Gonna miss the Magician
    Just another tricky day for you.

vCash
    All the Braves have to do is trade for a competent manager, and they can compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    All the Braves have to do is trade for a competent manager, and they can compete.

vCash
    Easier to manage good players.
    Gonna miss the Magician

vCash
    They are already competing..even with Fredi.

vCash
    And for the record, a healthy B-mac is better than Freeman offensively. Freeman has yet to have a wOBA over .348...B-mac hit .350 just a couple of years ago (2011)..

Of course, Freeman is going to be better. All he has to do is continue with cutting down on the K's and increase or stay steady with the walk rate.

But at the moment, a healthy b-mac would be better. But b-mac has to leave no doubt about it..

vCash
    I think Freeman has to hit Cleanup.

vCash
    At least to start. If BMac shows signs of his former self, then he can earn the spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    And for the record, a healthy But b-mac has to leave no doubt about it..
    ?
    Gonna miss the Magician

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast