Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hagausaf View Post
    How the Braves were able to acquire Justin Upton without giving up any top prospects is just mind boggling. Prado and Delgado are no slouches but lets be honest, we stole Upton. Prado was an impending FA who we were gonna lose and Delgado is very replaceable with Teheran, Gilmartin and Graham. Ahmed was blocked by Simmons. Wren strikes again
    Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't have thought about trading Prado if I were GM, but it makes since due to his impending Free Agency. Prado has been great the past year and a half, but I think we sold him on the higher end of his value. I'm glad he can get his money somewhere too. Towers can say to his fanbase that he got a top player and top prospects for Upton (even though we know thats not entirely true).

vCash
    BTW Didi Gregorious (Who Towers got earlier in the year) might have the best name in baseball.

vCash
    Others have said this before, but I think Upton will get a shot to begin the season in the 1 or 2 hole. This team will strike out a bunch, but will also be exciting. Think the 2003 Braves - Steriods lol.

BJ
    Uggla
    Heyward
    J Upton
    Freddie
    McCann
    Johnson/Francisco
    Simmons

If simmons can prove himself a little bit, Id like to eventually move uggla or upton down to the 6 hole and Simmons moving up. I have a good feeling about McCann having a bounce back year like Heyward following the shoulder problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    Others have said this before, but I think Upton will get a shot to begin the season in the 1 or 2 hole. This team will strike out a bunch, but will also be exciting. Think the 2003 Braves - Steriods lol.

BJ
    Uggla
    Heyward
    J Upton
    Freddie
    McCann
    Johnson/Francisco
    Simmons

If simmons can prove himself a little bit, Id like to eventually move uggla or upton down to the 6 hole and Simmons moving up. I have a good feeling about McCann having a bounce back year like Heyward following the shoulder problems.
    agree to disagree. simmons won a batting title in the minors hitting leadoff with a .311 avg and .357 obp. i know it won't translate to what he'll do in the majors, but he's capable of doing it. he doesn't strike out a lot and he can draw walks. his speed around the base paths will also be valuable hitting leadoff. IMO he was a better leadoff option than prado would have been. both uptons will be run producers and provide great speed in the middle of the order.

vCash
    BJ's OBP is FAR too low to be anywhere from 1-4 in the lineup but I fear that this will indeed be the case.

vCash
    I went to bed last night fully expecting the fact that JT AND Graham were going to be part of this deal. That was the package that was lobbied (at first) and the one that made the most sense in terms of what the stingy D-backs were asking.

Now I wake up..and somehow NEITHER are in the deal and Delgado and Prado are the centerpieces of the deal. Not only that but Beachy is not involved, Minor is not involved, Gilmartin is not involved, even the most interesting prospect in our system Gattis is not involved.

How the **** did this happen? How was Wren able to pull this off?? Simply amazing.

vCash
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got both of em!!!!!!! Sad to see Prado go, but now we have a legit offense if we can get a filler 3B.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

vCash
    Freaking awesome day man, high five Wren!
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

vCash
    vs righties
    simmons
    b. upton
    heyward
    freeman
    j. upton
    mccann
    uggla
    fransisco

vs lefties
    simmons
    heyward
    b. upton
    j. upton
    freeman
    uggla
    mac
    johnson
    Last edited by ThornMo; 01-24-2013 at 01:55 PM.

vCash
    I don't blame Prado for wanting to get paid. Pure professional, has never complained, easily established himself as the soul and grit of the team, and plays pretty much every position. He's earned the right to get paid and I'm not going to bash or harp on him for that. It's a business move in the Braves eyes. I understand it, it's part of the game.

Love and much respect Prado.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThornMo View Post
    agree to disagree. simmons won a batting title in the minors hitting leadoff with a .311 avg and .357 obp. i know it won't translate to what he'll do in the majors, but he's capable of doing it. he doesn't strike out a lot and he can draw walks. his speed around the base paths will also be valuable hitting leadoff. IMO he was a better leadoff option than prado would have been. both uptons will be run producers and provide great speed in the middle of the order.

I actually don't disagree with you. I don't think upton can hit up there unless he goes back to the approach he had back in 07-08.But given his contract, I think they will try. If he would be content hitting 10-15 hrs i think he is capable of producing a good obp. I just dont see that happening. I, like you, see the likelyhood of Simmons being successful up there being greater than BJ.

vCash
    i think we can thank dbacks gm for not having to give up an elite prospect this is the same gm who traded jake peavy for nothing

vCash
    After letting it soak in some more, this trade just keeps getting better and better. The initial sting of losing Prado has lessened because, to be honest, this is robbery. With the exception of Prado and Delgado, we didn't really give up much. Fantastic trade, an unbelievable trade honestly, by Wren once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    JDM : Jumbo Dick Man

vCash
    i expect BJ to have his best career year so far top to bottom because BJ was said to have lack of focus while with tampa and now with the braves having his brother that should greatly help BJ to stay focused as well as want to try to top his brother numbers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got both of em!!!!!!! Sad to see Prado go, but now we have a legit offense if we can get a filler 3B.
    You dont think Johnson and Francisco qualify as fillers? Personally, I'm interested in seeing more of Johnson.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast