Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think B.J. will be batting 2nd

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    I don't think B.J. will be batting 2nd
    I could be wrong with that but he as speed. Not sure who else to put there...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Like I mentioned before, I could see another bump in the Braves' attendance with the addition of Upton brothers. More money. I'm sure we can obtained Justin after the 3 years if we wanted to. Unless, like you said, he would want a big sum of money, which I think both sides will work out a fair deal. Yes, this is speculation also...

Of course we have other players to worry about too...
    Justin Upton without Teheran in the deal. You had to give somewhere to keep him. We gave in Prado. Numbers were figured out....Prado was going to command about $12 mill per yr moving forward for a guy that is limited power. Flexible guys are nice....young studs are better. You have to love this as a Braves fan. More speed, more power, more upside. Why not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    everything is speculation...I'm just saying that I'd rather have Prado then to lose Upton after 3yrs...who knows he might have accpeted a 3yr/$30M deal...that would be cheaper than Uptin plus you get more production..

everything you're saying is speculation about the Braves being able to resign Prado after ONE year. Whats not speculation is Upton for THREE years at a reasonable price. If you're going to argue based on theoretical speculation than I think that plays in favor of the 3 year contract of Upton thats already on the books and against the "idea" that Prado MIGHT sign a reasonable contract after this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jwn0303 View Post
    More production you say? Since 2009.. the year Prado became the full time starter. Upton has a higher overall WAR(16.7 as opposed to 15). This is according to fangraphs. Which is the one that values defense very highly. Which has been Prado's biggest edge over Upton. Not to mention you get a guy in Upton who is just NOW entering his prime...
    Prado played 3b, ss, 2b, 1b and OF...and could probably catch...
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Justin Upton without Teheran in the deal. You had to give somewhere to keep him. We gave in Prado. Numbers were figured out....Prado was going to command about $12 mill per yr moving forward for a guy that is limited power. Flexible guys are nice....young studs are better. You have to love this as a Braves fan. More speed, more power, more upside. Why not.
    Yes sir. Totally agree. Anxious for the season to start...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    Love Prado, probably one of my all time favorite Braves and it sucks to see him go, but we just acquired a 25 year old MVP caliber player and didn't give up our best prospect which is shocking! May have a little hole at leadoff now but we have the best friggin outfield in the majors!

Love the trade
    Congrats on the trade guys. I still think a healthy Dodgers OF is slightly better, but you should give the Nats a serious run for the division this year...

1980 & 2008 World Series Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    Prado played 3b, ss, 2b, 1b and OF...and could probably catch...
    This has what to do with production? We have Chris Johnson and Juan Francisco for 3B. We have Paul Janish and Andrelton Simmons for SS. We have Dan Uggla at 2B. We have Freddie Freeman at 1B. Then we have the Uptons, Heyward, and Reed Johnson for the outfield. Versatility is nice. . . Has absolutely nothing to do with production though
    Please come join me on the Hawks forums.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash86 View Post
    everything you're saying is speculation about the Braves being able to resign Prado after ONE year. Whats not speculation is Upton for THREE years at a reasonable price. If you're going to argue based on theoretical speculation than I think that plays in favor of the 3 year contract of Upton thats already on the books and against the "idea" that Prado MIGHT sign a reasonable contract after this year.
    Yep. We can speculate that Justin to put up MVP numbers for the next three years then signs with us at reasonable price. Not only we become a winner in this trade, but a BIG winner!

vCash
    i love it. it's a shame to see prado go, but the trade was good. if simmons steps it up and plays with consistency he'll help us get over the loss of prado. one thing i love about the trade is that all our regulars have at least 15+ HR power. Simmons might not make it to 15, but he'll still hit over .275 and swipe plenty of bags. and speaking of swiping bags, everyone in our outfield could steal 20 this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jwn0303 View Post
    This has what to do with production? We have Chris Johnson and Juan Francisco for 3B. We have Paul Janish and Andrelton Simmons for SS. We have Dan Uggla at 2B. We have Freddie Freeman at 1B. Then we have the Uptons, Heyward, and Reed Johnson for the outfield. Versatility is nice. . . Has absolutely nothing to do with production though
    +1

vCash
    now let's figure out a way to get headley... haha.

vCash
    Simmons
    Heyward
    J Upton
    Freeman
    B Upton
    McCann
    Uggla
    Francisco/Johnson
    Not a traditional lineup, but it balances LH/RH well, and gets the best OBP hitters at the top of the order (minus Uggla)

vCash
    I am stoked. Didn't have to give up either big name prospect pitcher. Thank goodness. I love the line-up and a lead off man may be hard to find in this group, but as said before, they only lead off one time a game. I think Juan/Chris will be an awesome platoon at 3rd. Chris can also givee FF days off at 1B. Great deal for the Braves. Watch out we have a legit offense now. First time in many years. Oh yeah not to mention a great rotation, with prospects waiting in the wing and oh yeah. How bout that bullpen. Go Braves. Wren you worked your magic again. Can't wait for first game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThornMo View Post
    now let's figure out a way to get headley... haha.
    Funny you said that bc I texted my buddy "JT to Padres for Headley.." right after this trade...

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast