Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i still think there has to be some other trade coming since gattis was not in this trade and the dbacks gm was said to be in love with gattis

vCash
    David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves
    #Braves plan to use RH-hitting Chris Johnson and Francisco in platoon at 3B
    That's a weird platoon.

Johnson career splits stats:

Vs RHP: .283/.323/.452 wOBA .335 wRC+ 109
    Vs LHP: .255/.294/.372 wOBA .288 wRC+ 76

vCash
    Braves have janish for UTIL.

And Gattis is not a catcher. He is barely a LF. My guess is he stays in LF and if he pans out, he becomes trade bait down the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    in 3 years Upton is gone to the Yankees....thats a rental...Prado could've been re-signed for less than what Upton is making this year...don't worry we will see the results on the field...this was as bad of a trade as the Uggla trade was...
    Sigh...

no...Prado was requesting $7M in arbitration...in which the Braves declined
    He asked for 7 Mil in arbitration. Which is for one season. There have been numerous reports that he was going to ask for north of 11 Mil as a free agent. Take this act somewhere else please.

I have no idea if this has been addressed yet. Didn't make it to the end of the thread. Just irked me...
    Please come join me on the Hawks forums.

vCash
    once again Wren shows his incompetence....you trade a cornerstone player for a rental...Upton is no where near as valuable as Prado is....plus the cheap Braves organization wont resign Upton because he cost too much...now who plays 3B..Francisco??? sad sad day...we could've re-signed Bourn for 13M and came out way better

Feel the same way!! Well he have a 3 year window.. We will just see what happens..
    WE BELIEVE... TILL THE LAST SHOT, TILL THE LAST REBOUND, TILL THE LAST WHISTLE "WE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Braves have janish for UTIL.

And Gattis is not a catcher. He is barely a LF. My guess is he stays in LF and if he pans out, he becomes trade bait down the road.
    Yeah i think Janish and pastornicky are pretty solid untility guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    So you think Justin won't like it here? Considering him being close to his brother...and what not to like about Atl?
    I'm sure he would and playing with his brother is probably a dream come true...but I do think after 3yrs he will be on the free-agent market and the Braves will be without a OF...I hated to lose Prado...I think he's more valubale than Upton cause he plays all positions expect pitcher and catcher and he hits .300 consistently...we will see what Upton does
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    id like to hear everyone's ideal Line ups.

vCash
    I'm sure he would and playing with his brother is probably a dream come true...but I do think after 3yrs he will be on the free-agent market and the Braves will be without a OF...I hated to lose Prado...I think he's more valubale than Upton cause he plays all positions expect pitcher and catcher and he hits .300 consistently...we will see what Upton does
    I just don't understand your logic. It has been widely speculated that we would not meet Prado's asking price after THIS season. Yet we trade him for a guy with three more years of control, and you call that a rental?

everything is speculation at this point...we have no idea what the inside conversation was...Upton will more than likey test the free-agent market...his brother got a great deal..so why wouldn't he test the market and see what he can get...
    He probably will test the market, but again that is THREE years away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    Trout, Hamilton, and Trumbo disagree with you. lol. Best in the NL though for sure.
    Gonna be a competition bt the two teams next season for sure!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    id like to hear everyone's ideal Line ups.
    Simmons
    BJ
    Heyward
    Justin
    Freeman
    McCann
    Uggla
    Johnson

Bt Uggla and McCann, it depends how they do...

vCash
    Anyway if we sign Prado on a multiyear deal it will have been for 3-4 years, so after those 3 years we would have to go into free agency, i rather have J.Upton over Prado for the next 3 years. Prado is 29 so don't even think going for more than 4 years with him, taking into account that you will paid at least 12M a year for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jwn0303 View Post
    I just don't understand your logic. It has been widely speculated that we would not meet Prado's asking price after THIS season. Yet we trade him for a guy with three more years of control, and you call that a rental?
    everything is speculation...I'm just saying that I'd rather have Prado then to lose Upton after 3yrs...who knows he might have accpeted a 3yr/$30M deal...that would be cheaper than Uptin plus you get more production..
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    everything is speculation...I'm just saying that I'd rather have Prado then to lose Upton after 3yrs...who knows he might have accpeted a 3yr/$30M deal...that would be cheaper than Uptin plus you get more production..
    Like I mentioned before, I could see another bump in the Braves' attendance with the addition of Upton brothers. More money. I'm sure we can obtained Justin after the 3 years if we wanted to. Unless, like you said, he would want a big sum of money, which I think both sides will work out a fair deal. Yes, this is speculation also...

Of course we have other players to worry about too...

vCash
    More production you say? Since 2009.. the year Prado became the full time starter. Upton has a higher overall WAR(16.7 as opposed to 15). This is according to fangraphs. Which is the one that values defense very highly. Which has been Prado's biggest edge over Upton. Not to mention you get a guy in Upton who is just NOW entering his prime...

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast