Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbake_11 View Post
    What happens if JT pans out when Beachy gets back?
    You can never have too much starting pitching

Remember last season we all thought it was going to be such a log jam and we ended up desperately trying to get one of Dempster/Maholm at the deadline because we needed another pitcher.

Best case is that JT is pitching up to his potential when Beachy returns, and we have the flexibility to move one of the pitchers for more depth.

vCash
    Well, Huddy and Maholm are nearing the end of their ATL tenure, so Beach may just hit the pen for the remainder of the year and build his arm up next offseason. And never discount injuries.

vCash
    paul maholm gets traded since he is on his last year and braves will not resign him

vCash
    giving beachy an innings limit would make sense, work him back into the rotation like Meds

vCash
    Prado def was the rental. I like Prado, we all loved Prado but as big as this move is, I don't think it touches what the Braves have done for themselves this year and this upcoming winter. We have saved the money we would have had to pay to extend Prado (some say north of $10M), we have expiring contracts of Mac, Huddy, and Malholm. Also, the major players left are under control if not already signed and accounted for. This move sets us up for a move for that big ace in free agency this winter (Price, etc.) to go in front of Medlen, Minor, Tehran & Beachy (with Graham waiting in the folds). And since Uggs is already getting paid, if he has the season we all know he can have, he could be easily traded down the line despite his salary. But as it stands, this is a big move and the right move. Go Braves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    and "you can't make a valid point you stuff like that...". I don't take comments that easy brother. If YOU have to speak to me that way, then don't at all. Clear?
    I'm not gonna go back and forth...from this point on you respect me and I respect you or you block me or ignore my comments
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    Love Prado, probably one of my all time favorite Braves and it sucks to see him go, but we just acquired a 25 year old MVP caliber player and didn't give up our best prospect which is shocking! May have a little hole at leadoff now but we have the best friggin outfield in the majors!

Love the trade
    Trout, Hamilton, and Trumbo disagree with you. lol. Best in the NL though for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbake_11 View Post
    does Maholm go into the bullpen?

Not until Beachy comes back.

I don't mind Johnson being at 3rd. It not like we had GREAT D last year at 3RD. With JUpton behind him and Simmons next to him, I don't think the D is too big of a deal.

FW did a masterful trade. To keep Teheran, Simmons, Gattis, Gilmartin and Graham is incredible.

vCash
    MCSJR2 your comments originally did sound a little pessimistic but leave the fighting for facebook, this is a day to celebrate!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    I'm not gonna go back and forth...from this point on you respect me and I respect you or you block me or ignore my comments

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    You can never have too much starting pitching

Remember last season we all thought it was going to be such a log jam and we ended up desperately trying to get one of Dempster/Maholm at the deadline because we needed another pitcher.

Best case is that JT is pitching up to his potential when Beachy returns, and we have the flexibility to move one of the pitchers for more depth.
    Yeah with SP I always over worry about injuries. Thankfully, It's never as bad as I project in my head.

Crazy thought is with Walden, we have more top Bullpen arms than last year. Hopefully they match their productivity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    everything is speculation at this point...we have no idea what the inside conversation was...Upton will more than likey test the free-agent market...his brother got a great deal..so why wouldn't he test the market and see what he can get...
    So you think Justin won't like it here? Considering him being close to his brother...and what not to like about Atl?

vCash
    Does Gattis move back to catcher full time? Or maybe tries his hand at 3b?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBraves View Post
    Braves, quick and get the next play off before the D-Backs throw the red review flag! This is a great deal for the Braves. Prado is good and I loved him, but he's a one year rental. So we gave up one year of Prado, Delgado (whom we were willing to give up for a half a year of Dempster), Ahmed who is blocked by Simmons and Spruil.

We should be celebrating guys. This is a great deal! No Teheran, No Graham, No Minor. This is a dream!
    Amen!

vCash
    about Gattis, whats his glove work like?

vCash
    the braves are not done yet at the very least they should go out and get atleast one if not two utility players and let dewitt and pena play where they need to AAA

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast