Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 361
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,267
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    So, of our top 10 prospects according to baseball america we traded Zeke Spruill who is number 9. We got Upton for one year of Prado and our top 10 prospects remain almost untouchable. WIN.
    Spot on! Let's remember that Upton was 4th in the MVP voting in 2011 - at age 23/24.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    591
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jbake_11 View Post
    ok 2 utility guys with dewitt and pena
    Didnt we resign janish?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    272
    vCash
    1500
    MCSJR2 i think your the only one here that would have resigned prado to a 15mil a year contract and if dont think he would have got that look at the insane deals signed this year like the shane victorino contract

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,340
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    you can address me as MCSJR2 or don't address me at all...if you don't like my post block me..if you want to debate then fine but respect my comments or don't respond...

    to answer your questions..I think its a rental because Upton doesn't come off as a player that will re-sign now and extend the contract...he also seems like a player that will test the freeagent market after the contract is up...why re-sign when he never has been on the market? so IMO the Braves could've re-signed Prado (who to me is more valueable) and had him for longer than Upton..plus hold on to Delgado

    once again if you disagree then explain your points and leave it be...don't address me as little guy or anything else other MCSJR2 because you don't know me and I don't know you...I've also given you respect..and I expect the same...and if you read forum rules it explains that point as well
    and "you can't make a valid point you stuff like that...". I don't take comments that easy brother. If YOU have to speak to me that way, then don't at all. Clear?

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    381
    vCash
    1500
    I have 2 non-j up related, is that allowed here?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kennesaw, Ga
    Posts
    8,542
    vCash
    1500
    Just FYI according to DOB Prado was asking for 12M a year in an extension. This is why we let him walk. Still think there is a chance we sign Prado next offseason.

    Over all in a business perspective this is a win trade for the braves. At first I was pissed about losing Prado but looking back it's a good deal.
    ___________________________________


    Simmons over Harper!!!

    WAR Stats:

    2013 - Simmons 4.7 vs Harper 3.8
    Career - Simmons 6.9 vs Harper 8.3
    162 game average - Simmons 5.5 vs Harper 5.2

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    vCash
    1500
    Love Prado, probably one of my all time favorite Braves and it sucks to see him go, but we just acquired a 25 year old MVP caliber player and didn't give up our best prospect which is shocking! May have a little hole at leadoff now but we have the best friggin outfield in the majors!

    Love the trade

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    381
    vCash
    1500
    Yes so we have 3 utility guys who have played at the major league level
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    Didnt we resign janish?

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,857
    vCash
    1500
    MCS.....

    Calling a player who will be here for the next 3 years ( unless injury or the Braves decide to move him) a rental is stretching it. But to subtract even more from your argument you are also stating thet we could have re-signed Prado and that is not a fact. None of us truely know what Prado wanted. And as stated you don't go to ARB over a player you plan to keep over 400,000.00 dollars. In any trade you are going to have those that don't like it and in that I can respect that you don't want Prado in this deal. I'm just saying the argument you are using to support why you don't want him in the deal is far from factual.

    Also just a side note the three players the Braves shopped last off season and during the season are all gone now. JJ, Prado, and Delgado. I don't think FW had long term plans for any of them......

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,267
    vCash
    1500
    Janish with Pastor or Pena if need be.

    I would think the bench is something like C. Johnson, Janish, Laird, Mejia, R. Johnson.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,340
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    Love Prado, probably one of my all time favorite Braves and it sucks to see him go, but we just acquired a 25 year old MVP caliber player and didn't give up our best prospect which is shocking! May have a little hole at leadoff now but we have the best friggin outfield in the majors!

    Love the trade
    Agree!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    381
    vCash
    1500
    What happens if JT pans out when Beachy gets back?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash86 View Post
    MCSJR2, your whole argument is based on the Brave's ability to resign Prado. I haven't seen it, but others have posted that they were trying to resign him but were unable. If that's true, then your argument is moot. It sounds like Prado is the one wanting to test the FA market...and just because you think J Upton "seems like a player that will test the freeagent market" doesn't make it so. I'd need some evidence of that before I would believe he's not just entirely ecstatic to be playing with is brother at the moment.
    everything is speculation at this point...we have no idea what the inside conversation was...Upton will more than likey test the free-agent market...his brother got a great deal..so why wouldn't he test the market and see what he can get...
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    381
    vCash
    1500
    does Maholm go into the bullpen?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    858
    vCash
    1500
    Braves, quick and get the next play off before the D-Backs throw the red review flag! This is a great deal for the Braves. Prado is good and I loved him, but he's a one year rental. So we gave up one year of Prado, Delgado (whom we were willing to give up for a half a year of Dempster), Ahmed who is blocked by Simmons and Spruil.

    We should be celebrating guys. This is a great deal! No Teheran, No Graham, No Minor. This is a dream!
    El Oso Blanco

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •