Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Which Rookie will develop into the best player?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lillard

    16 20.51%
  • Anthony Davis

    19 24.36%
  • Andre Drummond

    22 28.21%
  • Bradly Beal

    2 2.56%
  • Jared Sullinger

    0 0%
  • Other

    19 24.36%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 68
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    4,624
    vCash
    1500
    drummond.

    dont sleep on rivers, he shouldnt have come out this year but hes got the skill to be a 20pts per guy, he'll just have a longer learning curve.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,622
    vCash
    1500
    I'll take the guy who nearly averages a double double with only 20 mpg

    Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

    http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    drummond.

    dont sleep on rivers, he shouldnt have come out this year but hes got the skill to be a 20pts per guy, he'll just have a longer learning curve.
    He has the skills to be a 20 PPG guy but I'm more aware of his RPG and BPG. Huge numbers for a rookie. He's only going to keep improving. Detroit Pistons need to think about making him their franchise player. His only flaw is his FT%.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    RvA
    Posts
    234
    vCash
    1500
    Lillard doesn't really have to get much better. Its Lillard, cuz I don't know how well Davis, Drummond, and sullinger hold up after they get some miles on them. Though I think Drummond and Davis have insane upside if they stay healthy. Lillard came into the league as a polished pro, he's ROY and I think his game is tailored to today's nba.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,462
    vCash
    1500
    Lillard is pretty healthy and already he has the best offensive game

    Drummond is way too raw offensively and is playing off the bench against backups. Would he have the same success playing against starters? doubt it

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    I think Lillard is overrated. He's got a good team but they're still not in the playoffs with him running the point. Drummond should get more minutes, around 30. He can certainly average a double double each night. Also, Lillard is old for a "rookie." He's had a huge head start and still produces average stats.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,819
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I think Lillard is overrated. He's got a good team but they're still not in the playoffs with him running the point. Drummond should get more minutes, around 30. He can certainly average a double double each night. Also, Lillard is old for a "rookie." He's had a huge head start and still produces average stats.
    haha overrated good one. And explain how he is on a good team we were predicted to finish in the high lottery when the season started lillard's play as made everyone around him better batum and wesley are playing the best basketball of their careers and a lot has to do with the play of Lillard at the PG position. Lillard will be the best player out of this class when it is all said and done he is already looking like he will end up being one of the best overall players in the league in a couple years.

    Michael Wacha

    5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    haha overrated good one. And explain how he is on a good team we were predicted to finish in the high lottery when the season started lillard's play as made everyone around him better batum and wesley are playing the best basketball of their careers and a lot has to do with the play of Lillard at the PG position. Lillard will be the best player out of this class when it is all said and done he is already looking like he will end up being one of the best overall players in the league in a couple years.
    There's a reason why people on this forum is voting for Drummond and not Lillard.

    1) Lillard played college ball for 3 years.
    2) Lillard is 22 years old.

    That means Lillard should be averaging those stats and more. He also only has 6-7 years to improve because once he hits 29, he'll start declining. His FG% is terrible. His team should be winning much more with that kind of roster.

    Drummond on the other hand is 19 years old. He's averaging 20 MPG with 7 RPG and 8 PPG. His FG% is 60% and he's a big man. That means he's going to have huge value in a small league of today. He's also averaging 1.6 BPG. Lillard is definitely rookie of the year but if you think he's going to turn to Chris Paul next season or the seasons after, you must be dreaming. The only reason Drummond isn't ROTY is because he's only averaging 20 minutes. If this guy averaged the same amount of minutes Lillard is playing, double his stats up to 14 RPG, 16 PPG, and 3.2 BPG. That's the best center.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    Lillard is pretty healthy and already he has the best offensive game

    Drummond is way too raw offensively and is playing off the bench against backups. Would he have the same success playing against starters? doubt it
    Post of the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

    http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    RvA
    Posts
    234
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    There's a reason why people on this forum is voting for Drummond and not Lillard.

    1) Lillard played college ball for 3 years.
    2) Lillard is 22 years old.

    That means Lillard should be averaging those stats and more. He also only has 6-7 years to improve because once he hits 29, he'll start declining. His FG% is terrible. His team should be winning much more with that kind of roster.

    Drummond on the other hand is 19 years old. He's averaging 20 MPG with 7 RPG and 8 PPG. His FG% is 60% and he's a big man. That means he's going to have huge value in a small league of today. He's also averaging 1.6 BPG. Lillard is definitely rookie of the year but if you think he's going to turn to Chris Paul next season or the seasons after, you must be dreaming. The only reason Drummond isn't ROTY is because he's only averaging 20 minutes. If this guy averaged the same amount of minutes Lillard is playing, double his stats up to 14 RPG, 16 PPG, and 3.2 BPG. That's the best center.
    You gonna double up Drummonds minutes against back-ups or starters? And what's gonna happen when they just start hackin him and sending him to the line, where he is AWFUL? Can't play him reliably down the stretch against motivated opponents. Regardless of Lillards age, weber state to the nba, and this is his adjustment period? Give him two more years to cut down the turnovers, polish the field goal percentage (though his adjusted field goal percentage is 49%), another assist and half, and he is a borderline top 5 point guard.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nats_vcu-Okc35 View Post
    You gonna double up Drummonds minutes against back-ups or starters? And what's gonna happen when they just start hackin him and sending him to the line, where he is AWFUL? Can't play him reliably down the stretch against motivated opponents. Regardless of Lillards age, weber state to the nba, and this is his adjustment period? Give him two more years to cut down the turnovers, polish the field goal percentage (though his adjusted field goal percentage is 49%), another assist and half, and he is a borderline top 5 point guard.
    Okay, so James Harden was the sixth man last year. Gave him more minutes and look what he's doing. How do you get to the point where Drummond is playing bench players? How do you know when he's inserted into the rotation? You don't. You just assume that since he's coming off the bench, he's playing the likes of Brian Scalabrine or something. You seem to disclose the fact that he's 22. The question is who will have the best career. He's already 3 years older than Drummond and has 5-7 years to be an elite player. Drummond has nearly 10.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    RvA
    Posts
    234
    vCash
    1500
    If you looked into my first post, I said Drummond has insane upside, I'm not hatin on him. I'm just saying the way you say I can't assume when he's coming into the rotation, you can't assume he's just gonna double up on all his numbers when he gets more minutes like that. Lillard's posting high minute totals and producing at a top 10 pg level. I'm just going with what I consider a proven commodity, over potential. As you said, harden was 6th man of the year, so I don't really see the comparison. Harden was also regarded as a starter on pretty much any other team. Harden is not necessarily the rule. And as far as age, I like a guard with great control and coming into the league with a mostly filled out frame, as opposed a big who's body is obviously still filling out. And where did I say anything about scalabrine?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,220
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    Lillard is pretty healthy and already he has the best offensive game

    Drummond is way too raw offensively and is playing off the bench against backups. Would he have the same success playing against starters? doubt it
    i actually laughed at this.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,578
    vCash
    1500
    Kidd-Gilchrist is my favorite player from this class. I think he will better than Davis, Lillard, Drummond and everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    15,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    Lillard is pretty healthy and already he has the best offensive game

    Drummond is way too raw offensively and is playing off the bench against backups. Would he have the same success playing against starters? doubt it
    Lol you act like he ONLY plays against backups. Thats simply not true.

    I can play that game too though. Ross isn't playing half as good as Drummond and he comes off the bench also. Hes not even playing good against other bench players! Will he even be in the NBA in a couple years?

    Exactly.

    In those 20 MPG Drummond gets, he is EASILY our best player. Even better than Monroe. I think if he started the rest of the season he would average about 10 points, 10 rebounds, 2.5 blocks with very good defense.
    Last edited by Gators123; 01-24-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •