Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which Rookie will develop into the best player?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lillard

16 20.51%
  • Anthony Davis

19 24.36%
  • Andre Drummond

22 28.21%
  • Bradly Beal

2 2.56%
  • Jared Sullinger

0 0%
  • Other

19 24.36%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    I think Drummond can become a better FT shooter.The other night Doc Rivers tried to start hacking him in the first quarter and Drummond went 6-8 from the line.

vCash
    Drummond-

Code:
    Season    Age  Tm  Lg Pos  G  MP  PER  TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS  WS WS/48
    2012-13    19 DET NBA   C 42 838 22.9 .594 .615 16.4 25.8 21.1  3.7  2.4  6.4 11.3 16.4  119   96 1.9 1.8 3.7  .212
    He ranks-

#11 in PER (22.9!)
    #11 in offensive rating
    #5 in defensive rating
    #14 in total offensive rebounds (remember, 20 MPG)
    #14 in total blocks
    #15 in blocks per game
    #18 in TS%
    #2 in offensive rebounding %
    #11 in defensive rebounding %
    #4 in total rebounding %
    #6 in block %
    #6 in WS/48

People that don't watch him have no idea how great he has been.
    Last edited by Gators123; 01-24-2013 at 07:40 PM.

vCash
    I will give you, his shot isn't as bad as some I've seen. But it's worth noting, he was 4-14 outside that game this month.

vCash
    *free throw shot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    Drummond-

Code:
    Season    Age  Tm  Lg Pos  G  MP  PER  TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS  WS WS/48
    2012-13    19 DET NBA   C 42 838 22.9 .594 .615 16.4 25.8 21.1  3.7  2.4  6.4 11.3 16.4  119   96 1.9 1.8 3.7  .212
    He ranks-

#11 in PER (22.9!)
    #11 in offensive rating
    #5 in defensive rating
    #14 in total offensive rebounds (remember, 20 MPG)
    #14 in total blocks
    #15 in blocks per game
    #18 in TS%
    #2 in offensive rebounding %
    #11 in defensive rebounding %
    #4 in total rebounding %
    #6 in block %
    #6 in WS/48

People that don't watch him have no idea how great he has been.
    It's exactly as that. People who don't watch him play don't understand that he's underrated as hell. They just hear about Lillard and Davis. Goes to show the majority of NBA fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    It's exactly as that. People who don't watch him play don't understand that he's underrated as hell. They just hear about Lillard and Davis. Goes to show the majority of NBA fans.
    It's cool he sucks at ft's so hes bad!

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nats_vcu-Okc35 View Post
    You gonna double up Drummonds minutes against back-ups or starters? And what's gonna happen when they just start hackin him and sending him to the line, where he is AWFUL? Can't play him reliably down the stretch against motivated opponents. Regardless of Lillards age, weber state to the nba, and this is his adjustment period? Give him two more years to cut down the turnovers, polish the field goal percentage (though his adjusted field goal percentage is 49%), another assist and half, and he is a borderline top 5 point guard.
    The only team to try to send Drummond to the line with intentional fouls was Boston, and he rewarded them with 6/8 FTs. Drummond actually has a decent shot at shooting FTs in the future from his form. Right now he's REALLY inconsistent with them though.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    As crazy as this sounds...Royce White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As crazy as this sounds...Royce White
    You just made HotMayo bust a nut there.

vCash
    Drummond. Lillard will win ROY, but in the long run I think Drummond could become one of the most dominant big men in the league. He's already shown us that he can score, rebound, and play great defense. After that, D Lill, then Anthony Davis or Bradley Beal. After than I'd put MKG and Harrison. Upcoming draft classes look promising as well. Ben McLemore, Cody Zeller, Anthony Bennett, etc. And you all know about Andrew Wiggins.

#wankfortiggins

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    Lillard is pretty healthy and already he has the best offensive game

Drummond is way too raw offensively and is playing off the bench against backups. Would he have the same success playing against starters? doubt it
    Just because he's scoring the most doesn't mean he has the best offensive game. His FG% needs some serious work.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Mr. Drummond

vCash
    might not have the best but will certainly have a really good career is john henson if we didnt have ilyasova and henson was starting i think he'd be in conversation with lillard n drummond! kid is really good! just has to bulk up a little bit and get his jumper to be a little more solid
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    For the Lillard vs. Drummond debate I have to say this.

I voted for Drummond. Anybody who says: "He's playing against other bench players." is using a straw man argument. He is playing against NBA players. Period. Asik came off the bench, and now that he gets starting minutes he's among the league leaders in rebounds. He didn't dip in production. Lots of guys come off the bench their rookie season, Kobe for example, and frankly, he didn't even excel against the "other bench players" the way Drummond is. Coming off the bench has nothing to do with it. He is playing NBA talent and he's getting it done. Drummond biggest drawback is that he can't shoot free throws. That is not going to be a big deal his first couple of seasons, because Detroit won't be competing much, but when he is on a winning team that will be a huge factor. As to the age, the fact that Drummond is younger suggests that Lillard has had more time to develop his game than has Drummond, so it's not surprising that he is more NBA ready. Lillard is likely closer to his potential right now than is Drummond.

For those suggesting that Lillard's age is a factor, that is a fair assessment. He has had more time to develop his skill so he is obviously more NBA ready than most of the guys coming out of the draft. That is not something to hold against him, but when considering 'potential', and looking at guys like Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond, it makes sense to think that Lillard is perhaps already playing near his full potential while Drummond and Davis have room to grow because they are so young.

Lillard is playing great. Is he making players better? Batum improved his game last year and most expected him to improve it this year. Is Batum playing the best basketball of his career right now? Yes. Is that because of Lillard? Lillard isn't hurting him, but I'm sure most will agree that Batum would have seen his numbers increase this season regardless of who his PG is. He is a young player who is improving. He is in his fourth season and he has improved his numbers each year. Most expected him to improve his game this year. As for Matthews "playing his best ball", that is not the case. He is shooting his second lowest FG% this year, and he posted better per36 minutes stats two year ago when he posted a career high in FG% and 3PT%. Matthews has not improve this season over last, he is simply getting more minutes. His FG% is a little higher, but he had a better year his sophomore season. Likewise this is not LMA's best season. Obviously one might expect his scoring average to go down with the development of Batum and the addition of Lillard, but his FG% is also down. Hickson is playing his best basketball, but he's not scoring as much as he did last season without Lillard. His improved play has to do with how he is working the boards, which Lillard has nothing to do with. Nobody else on the team is even averaging 5 points a game right now.

Lillard is playing great ball, but he is not "making his teammates better". That is an exaggeration. He will certainly win ROY, but in order for him to have a good career, he's got to bring that FG% up and reduce the turnovers. These are typical areas of improvement for rookies, so it's not a horrible thing. In fact, it is expected of a rookie PG to need to improve in those areas. With his experience in college, and his size, and the fact that he had no competition for minutes at PG, a lot of people were picking Lillard to win ROY before the season started (myself included), but at the same time, it is fair to suggest that Davis and Drummond have more potential. Jennings put up similar stats in his rookie season, and he was a little younger than Lillard, so taking that into consideration, it might be wise to be cautiously optimistic about Lillard. I think he will be great, but his numbers suggest like he may be closer to Brandon Jennings as his career progresses than he will be to CP3.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 01-25-2013 at 01:54 AM.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Anthony Davis and it isn't close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast