Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which Rookie will develop into the best player?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lillard

16 20.51%
  • Anthony Davis

19 24.36%
  • Andre Drummond

22 28.21%
  • Bradly Beal

2 2.56%
  • Jared Sullinger

0 0%
  • Other

19 24.36%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Which Rookie This Season Will Have The Best Career?

It is clear at this point in the season that Damian Lillard has the ROY award wrapped up so long as he maintains his current level of play and no other rookie suddenly jumps into another stratosphere of play that we have not yet seen from them, but that said, there are some guys who certainly have the potential to be great players once they develop. So just as Okafor won the ROY over Howard, and Howard went onto develop into the better NBA player, it is possible that we might see the likes of Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond develop into better players than Lillard.

So of the rookies in this year's class, which do you think is going to develop into the best player?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    And I apologize in advance for not making the list longer on the poll. there are a few other guys I should have put on the list. Mods can feel free to add names to the list if they like.

vCash
    Anthony Davis. This guy is gonna be a moster if he can stay fit. He's having trouble with fitness right now and you can trace it back to his Olympics participation. But if he's fit this guy is gonna be Howard with a basketball IQ and a jumpshot.

New Orleans are sitting on Davis, Gordon and Anderson all locked down for atleast four years. If all three stay fit, Hornets are gonna be dangerous come 2015.

vCash
    Watch out for Drummond...that is all

vCash
    Sullinger is an interesting inclusion in this poll; feels a little out of place.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Andre ****ing Drummond.

vCash
    You don't have him listed up there, and with the way Lillard has been playing it's hard to say that he'll be a better player but Terrence Ross (Raptors) has shown signs of turning into a well rounded player. From the highlights it's obvious the guy is crazy athletic, but beyond his impressive dunks he's also a good defender and has a pretty decent outside shot. He needs to put in some work still it's true, but he's got good potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Sullinger is an interesting inclusion in this poll; feels a little out of place.

That's a fair assessment. I really like the kid. He's averaging a double-double per36 minutes right now. I've also heard a lot of other people talking highly of him, and he had a rough start to the season, so the fact that his averages are where they are indicates that he's made vast improvements. When I check the box scores I see that he is leading Boston in rebounding a lot of nights despite not getting as many minutes as some other guys. I think he's got the potential to be really good.

That said, I voted for Drummond, and that may be in part due to the fact I'm a Pistons fan, but Anthony Davis is a legit option. The fact that he is shooting as high a percentage as he is right now, and the fact that he is leading rookies in blocks AND steals, while also committing less than 3 fouls a game is VERY impressive. Normally shot blocks and guys who get steals, also get more fouls, but he's getting it done defensively without committing fouls. He's ninth among rookie in fouls per game, but considering that he's getting more minutes than every rookie ahead of him says a lot (though Waiters and Lillard get slightly less fouls with more minutes).

But all that said, Drummond simply isn't getting the minutes to put up averages like Davis, but if you look at his per36 minutes stats he's actually averaging more rebounds, steals and blocks and shooting at a high percentage (neither gets many assists right now). Drummond's major drawback is his dismal FT%, which Davis has him beat by a long shot.

Lillard I think is great, but his FG% is a little low. I understand he is a rookie and that is to be expected, but he's going to have to bring that FG% up as his career progresses.

vCash
    I'm going with Drummond. Davis' health concerns me as far as making predictions (since I am not up on the details). Drummond definitely could be a giant amongst men in a league starving for good centers.

vCash
    Drummond intrigues me the most. He has the most potential, and I'm curious to see what he could do with consistent 30+ mins.

Ross also could be a very good player down the line. Not sure if he has all-star potential, but I see him average 18 and 6.

vCash
    I'd say Anthony Davis rather easily. Lillard and Drummond have the best shot of having great careers otherwise.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Anthony Davis will have the best career barring injury.
    PSN: Celtics1080 | Twitter: @BostonRoundball

vCash
    drummond. Dude looks like he could be a once in a generation big.

vCash
    I'm really a bigfan of Sullinger, he does all the little things a big man needs. Just a insane rebounder.

vCash
    Easily Drummond. Lilliard is good but I don't think he'll get much better. Drummond on the other hand has so much potential. It's a shame he's not getting the minutes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast