Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    weren't they removed from the UN recently for this?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If that's the case, then it's getting closer and closer to the point where you need to take action

vCash
    you know why the North Koreans do not fear the US?

because the North Koreans ousted them before

same with the Viet Cong. they had a larger army and won through attrition. the americans had superior air forces in both these wars, superior weapons, disabled communications, but both the North Koreans and Viet Cong won because they can keep on fighting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    you know why the North Koreans do not fear the US?

because the North Koreans ousted them before

same with the Viet Cong. they had a larger army and won through attrition. the americans had superior air forces in both these wars, superior weapons, disabled communications, but both the North Koreans and Viet Cong won because they can keep on fighting
    The North Koreans didn't win the Korean war. Following Inchon, MacArthur invaded and occupied all of North Korea, and it was only the intervention of Chinese troops that forced the UN back with the situation degrading into a WWI-esque battle of static lines with little mobility or change in the strategic situation.

The war has technically never ended, a peace treaty has never been signed, the only thing that was reached was a cease fire
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Sparty View Post
    The North Koreans didn't win the Korean war. Following Inchon, MacArthur invaded and occupied all of North Korea, and it was only the intervention of Chinese troops that forced the UN back with the situation degrading into a WWI-esque battle of static lines with little mobility or change in the strategic situation.

The war has technically never ended, a peace treaty has never been signed, the only thing that was reached was a cease fire
    my mistake then

the koreans do not fear the united states because the united states did not win the war

regardless looking at vietcong example is going to play as a model when a country like North Korea goes up against a giant

vCash
    Please blow up that country already, them and Iran.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Don't lump the 2 together. Both have unsavory leaders but the latter is trying to maintain some peace between America and the Middle East.
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    The innocent civilians of that country definitely deserve it...

vCash
    lets just pull an "inglorious bastards" on them fools and get all the corrupt disgusting gov't officials into the same building and burn it ddoowwnnn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    lets just pull an "inglorious bastards" on them fools and get all the corrupt disgusting gov't officials into the same building and burn it ddoowwnnn
    It wouldn't change a thing. Some other crackpot would gladly take their place.

Funny thing about national identity and political ideology. If you can control the hearts and minds of a people, you can pretty much keep your system in place no matter who assumes control when you're gone. The more absolute the control mechanism, the more likely that the belief system will become self-sustaining. In many ways a nation is just a cult, albeit on a much, much, much more grander scale. True of North Korea. True of many nation states across all spectrums.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9x80...endscreen&NR=1

Little bit of an old video, but goes to show how great North Korea is
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    The entire country of North Korea would be a crater if they ever tried to hit the US with a nuke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9x80...endscreen&NR=1

Little bit of an old video, but goes to show how great North Korea is
    wtf, that is crazy. what a ****ed up place. kinda reminds me of guantanamo
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgersuck View Post
    The entire country of North Korea would be a crater if they ever tried to hit the US with a nuke.
    Exactly.

Funny thing about nukes, though...the blasts don't typically follow geographic borders. That's one of the reasons why it was easier to nuke, say, Japan. It was an island unto itself. Even then, the effects of radiation spread further than Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

But detonate enough nukes on the Korean peninsula to actually "crater" NK, and you'll likely have livestock glowing in the dark for as far away as the Caspian Sea. Safe to say, South Korea wouldn't be much of a tourist destination, either, after such an exchange. This is why NK feels emboldened. They think they're insulated, because of the consequences of deploying a nuclear response.

It is a gross miscalculation on their part.

There is no ethical dilemma for the US. Collateral damage is not our first concern. Preservation of the USA is. We'll use conventional weapons to reduce you back to the Paleolithic era if necessary, but if a hostile country escalates to wmd's, we'll respond in kind...and deal with the fallout, literally and otherwise, after the fact.

These (crazy) dictators fail to see that there is no conceivable end-game scenario that exists where America falls without taking the entire world with her. They are better off putting all of their trillions of dollars into more benign causes that directly benefit their people.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910