Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

North Korea Says Nuke Tests Target US

ABC News By GLORIA RIVIERA

In a bellicose statement singling out the United States as the "sworn enemy" of the Korean people, North Korea today announced plans for a third nuclear test and continued rocket launches.

The move is seen as a disappointment to those who hoped the country's new leader, Kim Jong-Un, might take a less aggressive path than his predecessor and father, Kim Jong-il.
    It is also seen as a direct challenge to President Obama and South Korea's newly elected president, Park Geun-hye, who takes office next month.

The statement from North Korea's National Defense Commission read:
    "Settling accounts with the U.S. needs to be done with force, not with words as it regards jungle law as the rule of its survival."The renewed threats come in response to the U.S. backed resolution tightening sanctions against North Korea after its December rocket launch.

At that time, North Korea repeatedly insisted that the launch was simply part of its peaceful space program. The recent statement made no mention of that.
    It read: "We are not disguising the fact that the various satellites and long-range rockets that we will fire and the high-level nuclear test we will carry out are targeted at the United States."
    South Korean officials analyzed debris from the December launch that, they say, indicates North Korea built and tested crucial components for a missile that can fly further than 6,200 miles.

Analysts say that preparations at the Pungyee test site in northeastern North Korea are underway and that a new underground test could take place on short notice.
    Within the international monitoring community it is not believed that North Korea currently has the capability to launch a long-range rocket with the capacity to reach the United States or the technology to mount a nuclear warhead on a long-range missile. But the U.S. is not pleased with North Korea's plans. Glyn Davies, the top U.S. envoy to the region, said in Seoul, "We hope they don't do it. We call on them not to do it."

China, North Korea's main ally in the region, is also urging restraint. China backed the U.S. resolution at the United Nations and today the Foreign Ministry cautioned North Korea not to take further steps to increase tension.
    These people are ****ing nuts
    Future Ace

vCash
    They just keep asking for it..

vCash
    bomb em
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    bomb em
    this.... i mean honestly they are pretty much saying they'd attack us if they could. We can't bomb them though because then we'll have people after us
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    lol. Ok.

vCash
    What are they testing for? How fast they can get themselves blown up?

vCash
    There's nothing to test.

You light your sparkler, and then light your bottle rocket.

vCash
    North Koreans are the greatest trolls ever.

...that or they're just really, really good at crying wolf.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    I don't doubt that NK would attack us if they could. They'd get wiped out soon thereafter, but I don't think they are capable of thinking that far ahead. I wish we could just take out their government, but I don't know what that would do to our relationship with China.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    In other words, a kid is taunting Cam Newton, telling him he will be the next Panthers QB. Both threats should be taken equally seriously.

vCash
    i watched a documentary a little while ago about a North Korean family who had daughters that were preparing for some massive choreographed gymnastics performance. it's pretty staggering to see how completely normal they are as a family, and then to have it interrupted by casual conversation about hatred for the United States and adoration for their dictator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    North Koreans are the greatest trolls ever.

...that or they're just really, really good at crying wolf.
    God Tier Trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Maybe ill reconsider my move to the west coast.

vCash
    this is why gun restrictions are a bad thing, the states can now defend themselves properly
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    I'm so sick of hearing about these nutjobs i never wish death upon people but when you threaten the U.S your threatening me and everyone who lives here. If we went to war with these idiots i would be one of the first to sign up. Wipe them off the ****ing planet no peaceful we take out your military and its over. I want every last one of them gone if your an innocent North Korean if there is such a thing then your as better flee south with the good Koreans.

As far as china yea we wouldn't want to go into a war with them but the U.S military would destroy them too. But at what cost is the problem.
    49ersssss

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast