Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I guess this is the end of Chris Young's tenure with the Mets.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Good.

vCash
    Is this a sign that the team is finally headed in the right direction again?

It could be, enough with austerity, enough with stand patting, we have been down that road as far as we can go. It is time to start improving this teams chance to win baseball games - NOW.

They have cleared contracts out barring one year of JS, no need to wait any longer. Let's improve this team, throw in some good vets with our stud prospects and see if we can't become relevant much quicker. The rebuild plan as argued for on here was going far too slow. We gave our franchise player $138M, who wants to waste $40M at least of that waiting for everyone to develop? I don't.

Now go get Bourn and a couple of BP arms, and let's see what we can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Yeehaaaa!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because who knows what his asking price will be if he has a good season..

He is 32 years old and he wouldn't be worth 4 years in his next contract.

And what if he's injured again? Then what? we're stuck with an asset with no value and costs attached. Also we might not need him after this year.

There's pitching depth in the minors is there not? people kept telling me we were stacked with minor league pitching.

We have Niese, Gee, Harvey, JS, Marcum with Wheeler on the way, Noah could be here in 2015. Fulmer may not be too far away either.

So did we need to give SM 2 years?
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 01-24-2013 at 09:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    And what if he's injured again? Then what? we're stuck with an asset with no value and costs attached.
    So be it because at least he's a quality pitcher.

My point was i would like to have seen him get 2 years because i don't want a stop gap option.

He was good enough to give 2 years to and now he could have a very good season and jet.

vCash
    Kudos to SA here.
    I don't like this McFly, I'm used to the McFly that bashes Sandy for "lying" to his fanbase.

vCash
    And what if he's injured again? Then what? we're stuck with an asset with no value and costs attached. Also we might not need him after this year.

There's pitching depth in the minors is there not? people kept telling me we were stacked with minor league pitching.

We have Niese, Gee, Harvey, JS, Marcum with Wheeler on the way, Noah could be here in 2015. Fulmer may not be too far away either.

So did we need to give SM 2 years?
    See you get the wrong impression..

Marcum is worth giving 2 years to because he is a quality 5th SP with the potential to be better..

Hairston is not because he is 4th OF at best who only hits left handed pitching and started last year out of attrition.

That's how i judge individual signings..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I don't like this McFly, I'm used to the McFly that bashes Sandy for "lying" to his fanbase.
    I am fair, always have been, I just don't get wedded to protecting a GM or bashing one.

vCash
    See you get the wrong impression..

Marcum is worth giving 2 years to because he is a quality 5th SP with the potential to be better..

Hairston is not because he is 4th OF at best who only hits left handed pitching.

That's how i judge individual signings..
    But 1 year of this quality SP is pointless?

That makes no sense at all. What about all that SP talent we have? why block it?

vCash
    Heyman says its a 1 year deal.

vCash
    Is this a sign that the team is finally headed in the right direction again?

It could be, enough with austerity, enough with stand patting, we have been down that road as far as we can go. It is time to start improving this teams chance to win baseball games - NOW.

They have cleared contracts out barring one year of JS, no need to wait any longer. Let's improve this team, throw in some good vets with our stud prospects and see if we can't become relevant much quicker. The rebuild plan as argued for on here was going far too slow. We gave our franchise player $138M, who wants to waste $40M at least of that waiting for everyone to develop? I don't.

Now go get Bourn and a couple of BP arms, and let's see what we can do.
    What are you kidding me???? Just b/c they signed Marcum??? Please.

vCash
    But 1 year of this excellent PS is pointless?

That makes no sense at all. What about all that SP talent we have? why block it?
    It is because what does he do for us this year in a year where we dont make the playoffs?

Increase our win total from 68 to 71?

That doesn't mean anything to me..

They are still a 4th place team with or without him.

Even if he got hurt he at least was a quality enough signing to justify giving him 2 years and he could still help us in 2014. Well hopefully if he pitches well this season they can still re-sign him next offseason as long as he doesn't have crazy demands.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-24-2013 at 10:18 AM.

vCash
    I am fair, always have been, I just don't get wedded to protecting a GM or bashing one.
    Has he made more bad moves than good?

vCash
    It is because what does he do for us this year in a year where we dont make the playoffs?

Increase our win total from 68 to 71?

That doesn't mean anything to me..

They are still a 4th place team with or without him.

I hope they bring Marcum back if he pitches well in 2013 as long as he doesn't look for some crazy new contract.
    At least Wheeler won't be rushed now.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast