Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    vCash
    I like this move. its adds depth and he a good pitcher .

vCash
    I was reading somewhere Marcum's road ERA at 2.67 over the last 2 years is lowest in the major leagues.

Am on my phone so i can't find/post the link.

Citi Field and the other ballparks in the NL East should make Marcum even more effective.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-30-2013 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    Wow, didn't even see that you guys got him until now. What's even more shocking is some of your reactions. You guys got yourselves one of the most underrated pitchers in the game. Marcum has 5 pitches in his repertoire. All of which he can throw for strikes. If he can stay healthy you've got a solid pitcher on your team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Wow, didn't even see that you guys got him until now. What's even more shocking is some of your reactions. You guys got yourselves one of the most underrated pitchers in the game. Marcum has 5 pitches in his repertoire. All of which he can throw for strikes. If he can stay healthy you've got a solid pitcher on your team.
    Agreed...

vCash

Heyman: Mets sign marcum

I loved the signing, people seem to forget that he was a guy traded for one of the best prospects in the game just a couple of years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I loved the signing, people seem to forget that he was a guy traded for one of the best prospects in the game just a couple of years ago.
    Yup and at the time I didn't know how to feel. Obviously I'm okay with it now though.

Marcum is a solid #3 in almost any rotation.

vCash
    Looking at his away splits the last two years away from Miller Park, he could easily be our #1 or #2 lol.

vCash
    Yeah he led the majors in road ERA at 2.67 the last 2 seasons cumulatively.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-31-2013 at 11:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I think enthusiasm is tempered by concern for durability.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    He said he's feeling great and fully healthy. The MRI he had revealed no structural damage too. He also said that he's gone back to his throwing program back in high school, throwing everyday, long tossing, and building up that arm strength so he can be as durable and effective as possible.

Considering Santana will be gone after 2013, I'd love to keep Marcum beyond 2013 in the rotation with Harvey, Wheeler, Niese, and Gee. But I won't get ahead of myself, I want to see how he pitches, and if he stays healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28;25269354[B
    ]He said he's feeling great and fully healthy.[/B] The MRI he had revealed no structural damage too. He also said that he's gone back to his throwing program back in high school, throwing everyday, long tossing, and building up that arm strength so he can be as durable and effective as possible.

Considering Santana will be gone after 2013, I'd love to keep Marcum beyond 2013 in the rotation with Harvey, Wheeler, Niese, and Gee. But I won't get ahead of myself, I want to see how he pitches, and if he stays healthy.

That's meaningless though, have you ever heard a sportsman say 'Hell, I feel like crap, and i'm not what I was'?

I have lost count of all the i'm 100%-healthy-feeling-great pitchers who broke down very quickly. But we'll see, asking a pitcher or nay sportsman really 'How they feel' is a waste of time.

Proof is in the pitching in this case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    That's meaningless though, have you ever heard a sportsman say 'Hell, I feel like crap, and i'm not what I was'?

I have lost count of all the i'm 100%-healthy-feeling-great pitchers who broke down very quickly. But we'll see, asking a pitcher or nay sportsman really 'How they feel' is a waste of time.

Proof is in the pitching in this case.
    They don't always say they are 100% healthy though, and the fact that the MRI confirmed it means that what he is saying holds weight. I don't know about you, but if my arm hurts, I wouldn't be throwing everyday. That seems illogical and counterproductive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    They don't always say they are 100% healthy though, and the fact that the MRI confirmed it means that what he is saying holds weight. I don't know about you, but if my arm hurts, I wouldn't be throwing everyday. That seems illogical and counterproductive.
    I have heard it all before, over and over and over again. Can't trust this stuff, it's like when a baseball team. any baseball team tells you so and so will be back in say 2 weeks, you can bet 90% of the time it will be later.

But we'll see with Marcum, he should be ok. But nothing is definite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Looking at his away splits the last two years away from Miller Park, he could easily be our #1 or #2 lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah he led the majors in road ERA at 2.67 the last 2 seasons cumulatively.
    Can't wait to watch him pitch. He was a very underrated signing. I could see him haveing a huge year, and if healthy, I do think he could very well be our ace this season.

Our rotation should still be very solid.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    These are the kind of moves we should have made more of.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112