Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Can we afford Darrelle Revis if he comes on the market?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...darrelle-revis

Looks like the Jets might be getting rid of him.. I know he's been hurt the last two seasons but that could drop his price a little bit.. Him across from JoJo and move Kareem inside as the Nickel. That would be nice. Any thoughts? Can we afford him/Should we give up draft picks to get him?

vCash
    I'm not 100 percent sure what the Texans cap situation is, but if the Texans have to eat all of the $9 million cap hit, I doubt they could find space for him on their roster financially. They still have to re-sign Barwin and Quinn and have other big decisions to make with Caldwell, Butler, Casey, Cody, McCain, James and others. Now, none of those guys should break the bank, but if you let everyone walk to make room for Revis, you're going to have serious problems in other areas. Also consider that Antonio Smith, Wade Smith and Cushing are all UFA the following season and Cushing is still on his rookie contract. Those guys will need to get paid, too.

Bottom line, if you can make room for him while still being able to retain other core pieces and without giving up a ton of picks, you do it. Given his past injury concerns and the fact that his contract could only be for another year (I believe the last three years are player options), he definitely is not worth a first round pick. If they could do it for a third and a fifth, it's totally worth it.

vCash
    My main focus would be to resign, Quinn and Casey.. I would let Barwin, James, Butler, McCain, Cody, Walk.. they all could be replaced in the draft, (McCain/Jackson) would trade Ben Tate, and Walter for Revis, I'm guessing that would free up some cap space.. In the draft I would go

WR
    ILB
    DT
    OT
    TE
    RB
    CB

vCash
    can't afford him and kareem couldn't play nickel corner.
    "It's a Namaste. It means respect. It just means, 'I see the God in you.' It's me paying my respect to the game of football."
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFrank View Post
    My main focus would be to resign, Quinn and Casey.. I would let Barwin, James, Butler, McCain, Cody, Walk.. they all could be replaced in the draft, (McCain/Jackson) would trade Ben Tate, and Walter for Revis, I'm guessing that would free up some cap space.. In the draft I would go

WR
    ILB
    DT
    OT
    TE
    RB
    CB
    But why not keep some of those guys if they come cheap (which they will)? You can't just let all your free agents walk and expect to replace them in the draft, because a lot of the guys you're mentioning are legitimate contributors who you would immediately miss if they were gone. And you can't expect your entire rookie class to come in and contribute at that level.

Plus, trading players for players almost never happens. If they were to trade for Revis it would almost definitely be picks and not players.

vCash
    Ive thought about this, and would love to see Revis here but we have to think in the real world. This wont happen, Revis will command big money that we cant fork over. We need Mccain back, he is a very solid nickle guy who was greatly missed. Barwin can walk but I want him here. Yea he didnt produce well, but he took on a lot of people that freed up JJ. All and all our best bet it to focus on the draft. Walter will stay and hopefully take a pay cut. Watch for a receiver very early with the loss of Posey. ILB is also a concern not only with Cush coming off injury but Brady James is not the answer. If we have a Chance to get Teo I say pull the trigger as long as we dont give up everything. If not Grab an Alec Ogletree who could very well be at par with Teo. Corner should be looked at but only if we can seriously upgrade. The line should also be looked at but isnt a need. I wouldnt be apposed to letting Quinn walk. I saw him chasing more guys or playing an in the box role. Safety is a concern. We also should look at a mobile QB just for the fact that the league is becoming more of a mobile QB league, I believe that is being seen with the signing of Steven McGee and Case Keenum.

vCash
    If we did trade for Revis, we could move Kareem to safety and then not have to sign back Quin. Just an idea.

Props to wileyisTOFU^^^

vCash
    Would be nice imagine revis and Joseph on each side of the field

vCash
    barely under the cap. no room. IF they dont extend schaub last year. franchise him for this coming year, then yeah we could have been players in free agency this offseason. so dont expect any big name free agent. like most have said, probably resign our FA's and the incoming rookie crop and thats it. woo hoo.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    I hear ya Verb, its kinda disappointing. Teams like the Patriots are always able to go out and do what they want in FA but we always seem to pick guys up here and there or through the draft. It be nice to see guys come here knowing we only need a little bit and take less money for a possible championship but I doubt it. Moving Kareem to safety could be beneficial, I thought of that at one point but I dont see it happening.

vCash
    Revis or WATT thats what you have to ask yourself. JJ comes up in 2 seasons and will command a load of money.