Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Who's in the super bowl? The Ravens and 49ers. Willis, Bowman, Lewis, Ellerbe.
    I've watched my Packers suck it up on defense in the playoffs year in and year out. We can't tackle anybody. Did anyone see the exhibition Kaeperknick put on us? Somebody has to do the tackling. And with the way the league is heading with underneath coverage with tight ends ILB is a critical position.
    they arent the only reason they are int he superbowl. the rest of their defenses are pretty good too. willis and bowman for example greatly benifit from argueablly the best d-line in football, whcih is part of the reason why ILB is least important. you cna manufactor one with a great dline
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    willis can do it all as a ILB. he plays the run good, plays the pass good, and blitzs well. a ILB who can do everything IMO can be about as valuable as one.
    ilb still depend more on the dline than any other defensive position. its liek running back. if you have an elite on great, otherwise they are expendable

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    they arent the only reason they are int he superbowl. the rest of their defenses are pretty good too. willis and bowman for example greatly benifit from argueablly the best d-line in football, whcih is part of the reason why ILB is least important. you cna manufactor one with a great dline
    ILB's are responsible for getting the ball carrier on the ground. You haven't realized how difficult it is to stop offenses unless you consistently watch a team that cannot tackle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    I am sorry, but you just repeating the stupidest thing I may have ever heard, about FootBall.

Think about some players play the same position since HS, just since NCAA would be strong enough point; then you are going take ILB Willis and put at ANY FRANCHISES' LOT or any other OL position and say he is better than the previous LOT! WOW!! There are some positions that GREAT, NOT EVEN ALL PRO OR HOFers, Players cannot even play other positions because of their body size and muscles and etc. development.
    Then there are more common that GREAT, NOT EVEN ALL PRO OR HOFers, Players cannot even play other positions because of the skills development (muscles development- not just the size, but reactions and etc.), this is not PWFL or HS.
    Ask ILB Willis to play K, Center, LS, P, QB, OL, DL positions inside of DEs, WR & TE! WOW!!!
    PRO BOWL ILB Patrick Willis can probably play a lot more positions than most because of his athleticism and brains for FootBall (playing ILB or even if he played MLB).
    Some great & not-great players cannot play any other position.
    Also, for fairness I am throwing out age and injuries preventing players, like QB Peyton '2nd Greatest QB to Ever Touch A FootBall Field' Manning.
    Come on man, are you smoking and looking like the guy in your signature???
    what the **** are you talking about?

i said take any player at their position and move them to another team and that team would get better, regardless of how valueable their position is. i didnt say switch positions

vCash
    ILB's are responsible for getting the ball carrier on the ground. You haven't realized how difficult it is to stop offenses unless you consistently watch a team that cannot tackle.
    and its impossible to win in todays league if you cant stop the passing game, hence why dbs, olbs and dline are more valueable. ILB is probably the least valuebale position on a defense now. hell you can manufcator a good one with a great d-line

vCash
    I will try to correct that post; but what you are saying and what I am saying matches on the same subject great players can play at any position, let alone be better players and better for The Franchises.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    what the **** are you talking about?

i said take any player at their position and move them to another team and that team would get better, regardless of how valueable their position is. i didnt say switch positions
    Hopefully, now, you get it; communicated well enough for understanding.
    If not, then we are done, I cannot do more.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    Hopefully, now, you get it; communicated well enough for understanding.
    If not, then we are done, I cannot do more.
    no, you just misread what i said. better players oin your team regardless of the position with make the team better.

vCash
    and its impossible to win in todays league if you cant stop the passing game, hence why dbs, olbs and dline are more valueable. ILB is probably the least valuebale position on a defense now. hell you can manufcator a good one with a great d-line
    CB's are overvalued like crazy. After McCallister left, the Ravens had great defenses for years with shoddy cornerback play. I still maintain that tackling is the single most underrated aspect in football. Get the ball carrier on the damn ground. You can't do that then kiss your season goodbye.

vCash
    CB's are overvalued like crazy. After McCallister left, the Ravens had great defenses for years with shoddy cornerback play. I still maintain that tackling is the single most underrated aspect in football. Get the ball carrier on the damn ground. You can't do that then kiss your season goodbye.
    it's a passing league.............

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Longsnapper. Ppl tkae alot of special teams activities for granted but the hopes for a key FG or a deep punt rest on the strong.precise arm of the snapper. Just happy we have a keeper in Manelley
    i was just saying this in the lions forum about Mulbach

vCash
    it's a passing league.............
    Yeah and there are plenty of teams who were dominant defenses against the pass without good corner play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    What position do you think is the most undervalued in the National Football League?

Longsnapper?
    I'd go with that.

Anyone watch the Raiders game this year when the long snapper got injured? It was pretty eye-opening to see what happens to an NFL team when they can't reliably get a punt off. You could just see the team's confidence absolutely disintegrate.

vCash
    Cornerbacks are the new left tackles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123