Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,206
    vCash
    1500

    The most undervalued position in the NFL?

    What position do you think is the most undervalued in the National Football League?

    Longsnapper?

    Without googling it can you even name your team's Long snapper?

    I sure can't and I just googled it a few days ago.

    Its like these guys don't even exist no one never says what a great snap by ......... but if one got hurt a Team can lose a game quick like the Steelers when Harrison tried taking over a few years back
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,659
    vCash
    1500
    Safety. A good one can change what a defense can to so drastically. I'm a cowboys fan too though so maybe I value them higher because we haven't had a good one since Darren Woodson or Roy Williams in his first 3 years. I'd take Reggie Nelson over all their other needs this draft but, I digress

    "We the best in the league, Tony!"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,750
    vCash
    1500
    I think punters are so overlooked just for the fact that it won't matter if you are at you own 10 yard line. A good punter with good gunners(also underrated position) will put you back in the field position battle with a 60 yard punt.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    I think punters are so overlooked just for the fact that it won't matter if you are at you own 10 yard line. A good punter with good gunners(also underrated position) will put you back in the field position battle with a 60 yard punt.
    I think special teams in a whole minus kickers are overlooked ..you'll hear ppl screaming omg you couldn't just snap that ball or hold it , or just overlook how far the guy punted the ball..from the 10-their 30 even is huge.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    center
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Community of Redland, Florida
    Posts
    617
    vCash
    1500

    Question The most undervalued position in the NFL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    What position do you think is the most undervalued in the National Football League?

    Longsnapper?

    Without googling it can you even name your team's Long snapper?

    I sure can't and I just googled it a few days ago.

    Its like these guys don't even exist no one never says what a great snap by ......... but if one got hurt a Team can lose a game quick like the Steelers when Harrison tried taking over a few years back
    BINGO!! Even the Special Teams Specialist (you know the blockers and tacklers) gets more attention; while even the best Long Snappers only get attention when their quickly mentioned for The Pro Bowl Selection (which is only one*) or they screw up (which can lose games). You do your job and the game is won on a FG or Punt (last play of the game, inside the ten or something) and everyone loves the PKer & Punter & maybe, Special Teams Specialist who made the touch down of the ball or tackle to end the game.

    I guess non-Diehard FootBall Fans would say I am sick; but it is The MDs' LS/TE John Deney (sp?- but I do not know if I spelled his last name right, man they do not get the respect they deserve.)

    Now, saying all of that, I understand the skills of snapping the ball, while QB under Center- love that first communication The QB is not the greatest thing since sliced bread-, through Long Snapping are hard skills to master; but-

    WHY JUST TAKE A OFF SEASON WITH A TEAM's/PROGRAM's/FRANCHISE's NEW & INEXPERIENCED CENTER AND TEACH HIM TO DO ALL THE SNAPPING???
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,216
    vCash
    1500
    None are undervalued while multiple positions go unrecognized by the majority.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,910
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know about undervalued, but the least respected is Punter. There have been some great punters in the NFL, yet none in the HOF. Ray Guy for one should have been there.

    ahhh... the good ole days

    watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    22,477
    vCash
    1500
    I think non pass rushing LBs and safeties might start to get drafted higher with the increase in great receiving TEs. Those spots traditionally haven't been drafted high but I think current offensive trends make them more important.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

    Trill Team

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Community of Redland, Florida
    Posts
    617
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    None are undervalued while multiple positions go unrecognized by the majority.
    I hear you; but come on, The Special Teams' Long Snappers, Blockers/Tacklers & etc. get a lot less attention, out of that group.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,216
    vCash
    1500
    Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98

    None are undervalued while multiple positions go unrecognized by the majority.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    I hear you; but come on, The Special Teams' Long Snappers, Blockers/Tacklers & etc. get a lot less attention, out of that group.

    That's a loaded response as you basically represented the entire football team besides the fantasy players. It's football 101 as special teams are 1/3 of the team and rest represent GAP control wins and loses football games.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Community of Redland, Florida
    Posts
    617
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    That's a loaded response as you basically represented the entire football team besides the fantasy players. It's football 101 as special teams are 1/3 of the team and rest represent GAP control wins and loses football games.
    Hey, I have coached HS Special Teams, I hear you; but fans just do not respect the players that are not pointed out to them and media and NFL & NCAA does not make more money pointing out those players, especially The LS.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    Safety. A good one can change what a defense can to so drastically. I'm a cowboys fan too though so maybe I value them higher because we haven't had a good one since Darren Woodson or Roy Williams in his first 3 years. I'd take Reggie Nelson over all their other needs this draft but, I digress
    Man Roy Williams was ****ing awesome in his first few years.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    River Forest, Illinois
    Posts
    2,725
    vCash
    1400
    Longsnapper. Ppl tkae alot of special teams activities for granted but the hopes for a key FG or a deep punt rest on the strong.precise arm of the snapper. Just happy we have a keeper in Manelley
    Broncos be like:


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,216
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    I hear you; but fans just do not respect the players that are not pointed out to them and media and NFL & NCAA does not make more money pointing out those players, especially The LS.
    IMO, it's not aquestion of "do not respect" as much as it's most of the fans don't even understand what's happening on the field. The media is tailored towards ratings, not necessarily educating.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •