Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

AV praises Kassian.. and calls out the Sedins

With his team heading out on 3 game road trip, AV lights a little fire "I liked Zack. I believe Danny and Hank have a lot more to give."
    https://twitter.com/annschmaltz/stat...34083885043713

Sedins have been coughing up the puck a bit.. seem to be playing lackadaisical as well. Hopefully Kassian on their top line can jump start them.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Yes, Kassian was excellent last night.

Beautiful goal earlier in the game and the game winning SO goal. Not a bad night.

The Sedins weren't floating or anything but they were relying on their skills and their play just isn't sharp yet.

Look at what we're comparing: a guy who's in mid-season form because of the AHL and two guys who have now played three pre-season ... er ... three games.

vCash
    The Sedins look a lot slimmer too. I wonder if they just aren't there strength wise yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    The Sedins look a lot slimmer too. I wonder if they just aren't there strength wise yet.
    Kassian played a great game last night, he looked confident in what he was doing, great composure hanging onto the puck and his play in front of the net. Nice goals too

I do hope that he remains with the Sedins on the top line, maybe put Burrows on the second with Kesler and Booth when they return.

The Sedins look slow this year, and I was shocked to see Hank miss his passes at times. Daniel was brutal in the SO. So was Edler, why does he always get a shot? I understand he has a great shot, but he never had a very good game and was still given the chance in the first 3. And he didn't score.

Also, I thought Raymond had a very good game as well, he fell a couple of times, as usual, but his goal was pretty sweet and it seemed like he was trying to actually do something with the puck this game (other than skate like a banshee around the end boards, before coughing up the puck and falling down), he had more control of the play.

vCash
    Sedin's are rusty, and I'm not surprised. They didn't play overseas or in any league. A long offseason not facing any real competition/in game scenarios. I'm not too worried.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    Kassian played a great game last night, he looked confident in what he was doing, great composure hanging onto the puck and his play in front of the net. Nice goals too

I do hope that he remains with the Sedins on the top line, maybe put Burrows on the second with Kesler and Booth when they return.

The Sedins look slow this year, and I was shocked to see Hank miss his passes at times. Daniel was brutal in the SO. So was Edler, why does he always get a shot? I understand he has a great shot, but he never had a very good game and was still given the chance in the first 3. And he didn't score.

Also, I thought Raymond had a very good game as well, he fell a couple of times, as usual, but his goal was pretty sweet and it seemed like he was trying to actually do something with the puck this game (other than skate like a banshee around the end boards, before coughing up the puck and falling down), he had more control of the play.
    Edler's 0/2 now so he's probably done.

Burrows,Kassian,Higgins/Hank/Danny next time probably

unless he goes Raymond again

vCash
    Unless Hank and Danny can do the shootout together, they shouldn't do it at all (hehe) Not great one-on-one. I would've liked to see AV give Schroeder a chance.

vCash
    I'm not concerned about Hank/Daniel either but it just looks like they're coasting. Maybe that's just how they play.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Sedin's are rusty, and I'm not surprised. They didn't play overseas or in any league. A long offseason not facing any real competition/in game scenarios. I'm not too worried.
    Hopefully the slow start (rust) means they'll have more energy come playoff time, if we get in this year.

<3

vCash
    Kassian stepping up is a nice change of pace. If he can become a quality top six forward then it stabilizes a need and improves the depth. Still need to upgrade over Ebbett, Booth and Raymond.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    I'm not usually a fan of Raymond, but he's looked pretty good so far. Hope he continues that. Kassian has been great so far, new favourite player. I'm quite disappointed in the Sedins and Burrows so far though. We need those guys to step up if the Canucks are going to have any success. Higgins, Hansen, Garrison and Lapierre have to also contribute more.

vCash
    Kassian 3 goals. Hodgson 3 goals.

Also, the Sedins had great games after AV called them out.
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 01-26-2013 at 03:08 AM.

<3

vCash
    Great to see Kassian doing well.

As for production, they had no preseason. The players who played in the AHL and international leagues will have a head start. Not surprising it's taken the Sedins a few games to get past the preseason phase.

Let's just hope Kassian keeps up the pace when the rest of the NHL vets in the league hit their stride. So far so good.