Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where would the team be with better coaching?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely in the playoffs

0 0%
  • Challenging for a spot in the playoffs

4 80.00%
  • In the same place

1 20.00%
  • Somehow worse off

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Where would we be if we had a good coach?

At the risk of starting another Jimmer55 rant thread, I want to hear people's thoughts on where the team would be if we had a good head coach. Watching the games, I think that a lot of our losses can be attributed to Keith Smart's coaching decisions. His rotations are definite head scratchers. Despite the team's poor play, we are only five games out of the eighth seed. I think that we could have definitely won at least five more games with better coaching. What are your thoughts?

vCash
    I don't think we'd be challenging for a playoff spot, but I do think we'd have a better record.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I think Stupid has attributed to more than five losses, I'd say 10+ losses.
    His rotations have stayed inconsistent since Day 1.
    He just doesn't manage right. When a player starts rolling, he brings in a Johnson/Hayes to disrupt whatever spark we had. It's like his decision making is out of whack or something. We have one the youngest teams in the league, fatigue is on our side.

At this point, I'd say we are higher in the rankings with someone other than Smart. At least 6-8 wins better.
    Unless the Maloofs rehired Mussel**** back.

vCash
    We'd definitely be challenging for a playoff spot.

vCash
    I think the Kings would be around 20 wins around now... Kings had the perfect opportunity to climb ahead of the Lakers and failed to do so. Kings should be sitting at 18 games right now, instead they've sh1t down their leg.

vCash
    You'd be hard-pressed to find a coach who could mismanage this team any poorly than Keith has.

I believe we'd have more wins without Smart, but I highly doubt the Kings would be pushing for a playoff seed @ the end of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    You'd be hard-pressed to find a coach who could mismanage this team any poorly than Keith has.

I believe we'd have more wins without Smart, but I highly doubt the Kings would be pushing for a playoff seed @ the end of the year.
    I don't see how we wouldn't be fighting for a playoff spot if we had a better coach. We're only 5.5 games back from the 8 spot.

vCash
    Probably much better then where we're at currently. But we'll never know as the Maloofs are to cheap to hire an actually decent NBA coach.

vCash
    Depends on injuries, and how Cousins is with the new coach first off. As for the question I highly doubt we'd be battling for the playoffs, but we'd easily have a better record.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    This is a waste of time to talk about. It's not like we are getting a new coach any time this season. I was absolutely going crazy last night and in to this morning after last nights loss to the Suns, but I don't think it was even 50% Smart's fault why we lost. Yes he has to take some of the blame, and you can start to see it on his face now. Our players get frustrated really easy when the refs. don't call fouls for them. Then they go in to stupid mode. And they wont feed the post, which means no doubles on big cuz to set up other shooters. It all stays outside and bad shoots are soon to follow. I hate nba refs. They call things different when ever they feel like they want to. Our players just have to learn how to play that game. Not just basketball. So you can complain about the coach and nothing will change. But i feel that we have to look at the "smarts" that are on the court too. So the question poised would we be better with a better coach? Ofcourse with anything better, you would get a better result. But who would come to the Kings right now and be a better coach? I suggest no one at this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings Analyst View Post
    Depends on injuries, and how Cousins is with the new coach first off. As for the question I highly doubt we'd be battling for the playoffs, but we'd easily have a better record.
    The thing is, if a new coach brought us up 3 games up in the standings we would be battling for a playoff spot haha.. Hell winning a few more games would of put us in serious contention..

vCash
    We could easily get a worst coach. Smart has been better than P.W.....Under the current situation I don't think we could attract a good coach, we would have to take a chance with a up and comer and you never know how that will work out.

vCash
    Exactly

vCash
    I thought about that, that's why I said with better coaching rather than saying with another coach.

vCash
    I know Smart is the 2nd based conversational piece, so here is my question to you agent; with the knuckle heads we have on our team, mr. Chucker, garcia (our vet), a team that has been the victim of bad coaching for years, and misfits thrown together, with no superstar, how much better can the coaching be? The coach can only teach them so much per day, and he can only tell them to play well, it's really up to our team. I love our team. They are all nice guys. They seem to play hard. But there is a talent we just don'thave at this time. That we need to make this a 47 win team. It would only take one player. But who and how to get him is a problem that I certainly can't answer. As much as Smart is a problem with this team, the team is way more responsible to put a ball in a hole and keep the other team from putting the ball in thier basket. I think our problem is more with the Gm or owners that may have been running more then they should have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast