Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why does Westrbook shoot so much?

I don't have a problem with it quite frankly. The Thunder aren't my team. What they do is what they do. But I can't help, but wonder why? It is by design? Does the coach want him shooting so much? I could understand if he was the only offensive option. But they have the best scorer in the league. They have Ibaka who has a jumper and some moves. They have spot up shooters. Even when they had Harden he shot a lot.

Westbrook plays point guard and shoots more shots per minute than the best scorer in the NBA. Shouldn't Durant be shooting 22-24 times a game? His efficiency warrants that. There have been extreme ball dominant shooters before like Jordan, Kobe and Shaq. You could argue that in Jordan's and Shaq's case it was beneficial for the team. If a guy is shooting over 50% give him the ball.

I guess my question is why is Westbrook shooting so much year in and year out when he clearly isn't as effective as the #1 option. Plus his field goal percentage is lower than you want regardless.

vCash
    In short, because hes not able to put up big numbers without chucking. Whereas K-Mart and Durant can go for 20-30 with like 10 attempts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    In short, because hes not able to put up big numbers without chucking. Whereas K-Mart and Durant can go for 20-30 with like 10 attempts
    Yes that's true, but by shooting a large volume of shots and missing most of them doesn't that hurt the team?

vCash
    Because he's very, very good at basketball...?

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Russell AirBrooks. I never seen a player air ball so much a game. he had like 3 air balls?

And to your question, he's trying keep durant away from a ring.

vCash
    sometimes I wonder how many other guys in the league could avg 20+ points if they had the freedom to put up 20+attempts like the superstars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Yes that's true, but by shooting a large volume of shots and missing most of them doesn't that hurt the team?
    No because they need his production. And there is uncertainty that the rest of the team could handle the greater load.

Thats the theory at least, personally Im with most people that say he should reign it in alil but some people are too extreme. When he has it going, he makes that team dangerous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    No because they need his production. And there is uncertainty that the rest of the team could handle the greater load.

Thats the theory at least, personally Im with most people that say he should reign it in alil but some people are too extreme. When he has it going, he makes that team dangerous.
    That's true. He takes shots when shots need to be created. When you need someone to get their own shot you don't go to Perkins. Still though his efficiency is low.

vCash
    he averages less shot attempts and more assosts than last year and is alll star pg who is very good. his all around play is why he top 12 player this league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Cause he can make some of them.... plus someone needs to step it up besides Durant. However, his shot selection can be very poor at times.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 4-2
    Warriors = 0-0 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash
    his problem isn't the AMOUNT of shots he takes, it's the times and angles that he takes them. He doesn't take too many shots, just bad shots

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    It's not the amount of shots that's the problem. It's the amount of bad shots. He takes way too many mid range jumpers too early in the shot clock.

And don't give me the "He's being aggressive" BS. Being aggresive is getting to the rim, not settling for mid range shots early in the shot clock.

Having said that, he does so many things well, that OKC must just live with this flaw of his. He's a superstar 90% of the time and that is worth it for the 10% of the time that he is a frustrating chucker.

vCash
    Because the Warriors are too good.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    It's not the amount of shots that's the problem. It's the amount of bad shots. He takes way too many mid range jumpers too early in the shot clock.

And don't give me the "He's being aggressive" BS. Being aggresive is getting to the rim, not settling for mid range shots early in the shot clock.

Having said that, he does so many things well, that OKC must just live with this flaw of his. He's a superstar 90% of the time and that is worth it for the 10% of the time that he is a frustrating chucker.
    He's exactly right here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post

this

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast