Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official 2013 draft thread

who do you want.. what positions should we adress and give your mock draft based on what what you THINK will happen and not some fantasy like jarvis jones falling in our laps in the 2nd round....

i will start... obviously this is open for change with FA coming up in a little over a month, cuts, resigns, trades, ETC...

but our needs are
    a starting FS, RT, SS, and a CB...in that order of most urgent... i put SS 3rd because merriwether should be healthy by the start of training camp, but we still need to find his eventual replacement

my mock (one of hundreds of senarios)
    2. Matt Elam, SS, Florida
    3. Phillip Thomas, fS, Fresno State
    4. Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
    5. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
    5. Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
    6. Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
    7. Ron Powell, OLB/DE, Florida

thoughts, comments, concerns...

vCash
    i like your picks. i think if we want mathieu we will have to pick him sooner than the 5th round. just my opinion. i wouldn't mind us picking a safety/db in 4th too and let the camp sort out who is best. but of course it depends of who's available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajito64 View Post
    i like your picks. i think if we want mathieu we will have to pick him sooner than the 5th round. just my opinion. i wouldn't mind us picking a safety/db in 4th too and let the camp sort out who is best. but of course it depends of who's available.
    yeah... mathiew could fall though...remember dennard fell to the 7th after his arrest... but it all depends on the senarios..we could go RT, CB, S...or CB, S, RT,..so on and so forth

vCash
    If we could snag Jefferson, Thomas, and Mathiew in the first 4 rounds, I'd **** my pants. Unlikely, but you never know. Our defense relies on game changing, turnover creating players.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    2.Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State / Matt Elam,S,Florida
    3.Duke Williams,S,Nevada
    4.Tyrann Mathieu,CB, LSU
    5.Phillip Thomas,S, Fresno State
    5.Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
    6.Brian Foltz,G,TCU
    7.Jordan Campbell,ILB/FB/ST New Mexico Highlands

vCash
    like it

vCash
    If we could snag Jefferson, Thomas, and Mathiew in the first 4 rounds, I'd **** my pants. Unlikely, but you never know. Our defense relies on game changing, turnover creating players.
    its not unlikely at all...remember how everyone had alphonso dennard and chase mannifield as 1st and 2nd rounders around this time last year??? guys fall every year.. because of injury, off the field issues, and slow 40 times, and much more... its simple supply and demand... guys rise, others fall...

an example is how lane johnson and eric fisher are now being viewed as sure-fire 1st round picks and LTs.... that means they are taking someone else's spot...you also can always count on a lot of DL and pass-rushers going early in the draft...thats just the way it is... we are in perfect position... ill go out on a limb and say our 1st pick of the 2013 nfl draft will be a day one starter..

vCash
    jonathan banks, xavier rhodes, desmond trufant, david amerson, jordan poyer, vaccaro, matt elam, tony jefferson, eric reid, T.J mcdonald, robert lester, philip thomas, baccari rambo, d.j flucker, brennan williams, Oday Aboushi, David Yankey, and ricky wagner...

i guarnatee you come april 24, a lot of these players will be available in the 2nd round... some will be available in the 3rd, and ill go out on a limb and say some will be there when we pick in the 4th round too..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill83 View Post
    2.Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State / Matt Elam,S,Florida
    3.Duke Williams,S,Nevada
    4.Tyrann Mathieu,CB, LSU
    5.Phillip Thomas,S, Fresno State
    5.Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
    6.Brian Foltz,G,TCU
    7.Jordan Campbell,ILB/FB/ST New Mexico Highlands
    That is a great list....I like the selections a lot....

If the secondary is upgraded through the draft and Minnifield can come back and rise to his potential...we will be young and hungry on all the units of our team....

vCash
    from what i keep reading and watching the draft analysts say, there is no "elite" prospect in the secoundary like eric berry or patrick peterson were it sure as hell is very deep.... there are a lot of guys that can contribute right away and have potential to be shutdown...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    from what i keep reading and watching the draft analysts say, there is no "elite" prospect in the secoundary like eric berry or patrick peterson were it sure as hell is very deep.... there are a lot of guys that can contribute right away and have potential to be shutdown...
    Exactly, that's why I'm betting we trade back in every round and nearly double our picks this year.

vCash
    if you can get 2 3rd rounders for a 2nd sure, but after the 3rd round, you are not likely to get a starter

vCash
    When Phillip Thomas was being linked to the Redskins by mock "experts" they were making it seem like it would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

vCash
    Is Powell in this years draft?

vCash
    I think Phillip Thomas will go between rounds 2-3. But then again, I haven't done much research regarding prospects this year yet. I just love him.
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast