Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerSemper View Post
    This comment is an accurate reflection of personality and fears of the individual who wrote it.
    this is a post by someone who does not have the mental capacity to understand my prior post and must resort to childish baiting...

you're on ignore for a reason...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    this is a post by someone who does not have the mental capacity to understand my prior post and must resort to childish baiting...

you're on ignore for a reason...
    For that I thank you, no interest in interacting with you. Baiting ??? wtf???

3. 01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
    Reason
    Baiting/Insults

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerSemper View Post
    Thank you for for putting this pompous jerk in his place

Damn guy, you sure seem bent. Did you get F'd and then not called afterwards?

vCash
    You are letting your hate for Handle blind you to the reality of the article: two pasty non-athlete prep school douches discussing the NBA whose only goals are to sound smarter than the next guy when in reality their documented comments in the past support the opposite position of their current argument.

the definition of elite opportunists
    Well I definately don't hate Handle, he has acually written some decent stuff. He can just be very closed minded when it comes to a few subjects. There are quite a few people in here who lack the ability to be open minded when it comes to certain subject or players.

And as far as these two being "elite opportunists" you're correct. But that also does not mean that thier veiw does not hold value as well. I can respect a disagreement with the subject matter but not someone saying they disagree with someone just because of who they are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It's Maaaaaagic View Post
    Damn guy, you sure seem bent. Did you get F'd and then not called afterwards?
    I thought it was the girls who got upset at things like that? Well unless it's other guys who don't call you back. Is that what ruins your day?

vCash
    llullz
    "Tittays"

vCash
    dwight is at his best when he focuses on defense, he's not an offensive guy imo, he just is so much stronger and quicker than guys his positioin that he can out do 'em in the post but he has no real moves, hell I have better post moves than Dwight.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    best post in thread... just show that simmons is an opportunist...

there is an article out today that said Dantoni was very much AGAINST the Knicks pursuing Howard the last two years...

bill simmons has no core beliefs because he never played the game and is fundamentally just a spoiled private school kid from the connecticut suburbs... his insights are non-existent when you understand his life experience.good find handle
    at you and handle.

why not consider the relative merits of what Simmons had to say?? I guess ad-hominem attacks are just easier regardless of how thoughtless they are...
    "Want a challenge? Give away your money and move to the Congo and try to make a living. That's living against all odds..." valade16

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by truplayer199 View Post
    at you and handle.

why not consider the relative merits of what Simmons had to say?? I guess ad-hominem attacks are just easier regardless of how thoughtless they are...
    he offered nothing new but canned jibberish... he is pompous and acts like he knows what he is talking about even though not 2 months earlier he was lauding the hire of Dantoni...

Again, he is an opportunist who only piles on and has never played the game at any level... being well spoken doesn't mean you know what you are talking about (see our current president for the best example of this).

vCash
    Very good article. It did not cover everything but what it did cover it had some nice details. You could probably right a full book about the Lakers problems this season. Maybe Simmons will?

I thought the points about Dwight rolling too late and too slowly was spot on. Remember Sacre getting lots of touches when he was rolling to the hoop with Dwight out? Sacre may be a terrible basketball player but at least he could roll to the hoop right. It is a play you have to try hard on like any other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Regarding Dwight's athleticism and Simmons hinting that he will never be the same again: The way I've always understood back injuries is that you can recover from them enough to go out and play well, but it can still take a long time (a year or more) until you regain your full pre-injury level of athleticism.
    Back injuries are tricky. He could recover and become the old Dwight or never be the same. It's not that he can't play the way he is, but Simmons was 100% right that it was his athleticism that made Dwight the best center.

The scary thing is it hasn't even been a year since his surgery and he probably won't be 100% at all this year, but we are going to have to offer him a max contract to keep him without knowing if he will become the old Dwight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123