Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    at the idiots wanting to trade for revis (no offense).
    I truly pity the team who opens up the checkbook and pays Revis that kind of coin. Outside of the Jets, I don't see another team dumb enough to do it.

vCash
    dont worry, we cant trade suh or calvin now anyways. if we did they would have a dead cap hit this season larger than their current cap hit. so basically if we traded them this season we wouldn't save any cap space and would in fact lose cap space this season. so, you're safe haha.
    This is 100% correct. If we trade a player, all of the oustanding signing bonus dollars balance (which is spread across the cap evenly throughout the life of the player's contract) will hit the cap at the time of the trade

vCash
    You're forgetting the part where you have to give up a bunch of high draft picks to get Revis in the first place.

As I pointed out above, would you rather:

A: (hypothetically) sign a free agent class something like (pick whatever players you want that would improve the team) Manny Lawson, Mike Jenkins, and Dashon Goldson for the price of Revis and still have your high picks to draft Jarvis Jones, Alex Okafor and Bacarri Rambo.

Or

B: Trade your high picks for Revis and sign him to a ridiculous contract (of which we already have 3 on the team) and then be unable to draft any impact players in the draft or sign any free agents that don't make the minimum.

Manny Lawson, Mike Jenkins, Dashon Goldson (insert your FA class for 16 million here), Jarvis Jones, Alex Okafor, Bacarri Rambo (insert your draft class here) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>more impactful>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Revis
    Trust me, I would rather keep the picks and sign some new guys... But I don't see the lions doing that. I just got a bad feeling that we will retain the majority of our defensive FAs.

#****Broyles

vCash
    Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets

NEWS: According to ESPN New York, Darrelle Revis is "believed" to be seeking $16 million annually and $60 million guaranteed on his next contract.

ANALYSIS: For perspective, Mario Williams signed a contract last March paying him $16 million per year but with "only" $50 million guaranteed. It made him the highest paid defensive player in league history. New Jets GM John Idzik met with his All-Pro cornerback on Friday, but was noncommittal on Revis' future at his introductory press conference, which speaks volumes. The Jets only have Revis signed through 2013. Mired in the worst salary cap situation in football, the Jets simply won't be able to pay the man.

~Reported and Sent from the NEW Rotoworld Fantasy News iPhone and iPad App.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Trust me, I would rather keep the picks and sign some new guys... But I don't see the lions doing that. I just got a bad feeling that we will retain the majority of our defensive FAs.
    #probably

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

vCash
    Idk, just bothers me I guess. Everytime there's a good player on the market everyone is like "ohhhhh we need to get him, 11 million a year for 6 years show him the money!!!!" without thinking about if it will actually improve the team or not.

How many expensive great players have the Packers, Steelers, Patriots, Colts, etc traded for or signed in free agency over the years? Charles Woodson is the only one who comes to mind. And that LB from Baltimore who signed with the Patriots back in the day. Building through the draft is the way to be successful long term. If you can't draft well...nothing else really matters.

I know it's blasphemous to think about but if we had Greg Jennings (or someone similar) for 6 million/year instead of Calvin at 12 million we'd probably be a better team overall with that extra money to spend. Sure Greg isn't as good as Calvin (obviously) but i'd rather have Jennings and Courtland Finnegan (for example) with that money.

The only player worth big money like that is the QB.

How awesome would it be to trade Calvin and Suh for high draft pick(s) all while clearing out tons salary cap space? I would do it in a heartbeat. We'd be a much better team.
    I've always been for a better TEAM. Superstars will help you get over that hump. But superstars on a crappy TEAM won't help you get anywhere. Just look at the 6 pro-bowlers on the Chiefs (2-14).

Would anyone hesitate to trade Suh for that DT Star Lotulelei? Obviously it hurts with the cap hit, but isn't he just a younger, less expensive Suh? I know this WILL NOT HAPPEN, but I'm curious to know what you guys think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davids209 View Post
    I've always been for a better TEAM. Superstars will help you get over that hump. But superstars on a crappy TEAM won't help you get anywhere. Just look at the 6 pro-bowlers on the Chiefs (2-14).

Would anyone hesitate to trade Suh for that DT Star Lotulelei? Obviously it hurts with the cap hit, but isn't he just a younger, less expensive Suh? I know this WILL NOT HAPPEN, but I'm curious to know what you guys think.
    I'm willing to trade anyone at any time depending one what you are getting...but to get rid of Suh just to make a move to free up some cap relief is just a bad move.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    Revis in a lion uniform hell no if I was him I would not do it our team lacks vision
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I'm willing to trade anyone at any time depending one what you are getting...but to get rid of Suh just to make a move to free up some cap relief is just a bad move.
    Trading Suh does more than just free up cap space. Say hypothetically we got a late 1st rounder for Suh in a trade. Serious question, would you rather have Dashon Goldson, Aqib Talib, Manny Lawson, and Alec Ogletree (the 1st rounder) OR Suh?
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 01-30-2013 at 01:41 PM.

vCash
    No question, I would rather have the 4 guys you posted. Now we just need to fill one hole, instead of 4.

vCash
    Trading Suh does more than just free up cap space. Say hypothetically we got a late 1st rounder for Suh in a trade. Serious question, would you rather have Dashon Goldson, Aqib Talib, Manny Lawson, and Alec Ogletree (the 1st rounder) OR Suh?
    thats my point though...you have to get something for suh not just move him because he cost you money.

vCash
    thats my point though...you have to get something for suh not just move him because he cost you money.
    Well, the money saved by trading Suh could be allocated elsewhere (like in the 3 free agents I mentioned for example). I thought that went without saying.

vCash
    Well, the money saved by trading Suh could be allocated elsewhere (like in the 3 free agents I mentioned for example). I thought that went without saying.
    Yes if you can get 3 free agents to actually come to detroit. Personally I would rather actually get a guaranteed investment and not just cap relief for trading a player of Suh's caliber...thats just me though.

vCash
    Yes if you can get 3 free agents to actually come to detroit. Personally I would rather actually get a guaranteed investment and not just cap relief for trading a player of Suh's caliber...thats just me though.
    this isn't the nba where top free agents only will go to a few select cities. football players will play pretty much anywhere as long as they are given the money.

vCash
    ^He's getting older and coming off MAJOR knee surgery. It remains a question if he's fully capable of returning to previous form. Unlikely, in my opinion.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast